PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Predictions for the Season

flippy
09-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Let's get em out there. What are your big predictions for this year?

Flippy's list:

1. SuperBowl #7 comes to Pittsburgh!!!!
2. Lawerence Timmons - DMVP
3. Big Ben - OMVP
4. Manny Sanders becomes Ben's go to WR - I know we've got Ward, Wallace, and Brown's getting all the hype. But I can't help thinking about how Sanders is the WR with speed and polish in his routes. We need one of these youngsters to emerge and I'm placing my bet on Sanders.
5. Troy puts together his best season to date

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2011, 12:35 PM
This is the season that Ben breaks out and forces the NFL to notice his greatness.

Remember in the early to mid-2000's when Brady was winning Super Bowls but his stats were in the 3500 or so yards with 20-something TD's every year, and everyone gave him credit as a winner, but would always give more attention to Peyton because of his ridiculous stats? Well, then Brady threw for 4800 yards and 50 TD's, changing the perception of him as a game-manager-type.

This year, I can see Ben breaking out with over 4500 yards passing and TD's in the high 30's or so, with a TD:INT ratio of roughly 4:1. Analysts won't be able to talk about Brady and Peyton and Brees and Rodgers and Rivers without including Ben in there as well every time. With the young WR corps maturing, he'll get back to using no-huddle as a weapon (which we did not incorporate much at all due to his inexperienced weaponry).