PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION FOR THE FORUMÖ

Dee Dub
09-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Letís say you are the GM for the Steelers. You are facing the decision to sign Troy Polamalu to a long term contract or not. During this season Troy gets hurt and he misses several games. The injury isnít career threatening. At the end of the year knowing Troy got hurt again is your offer to Troy different than what it would have been before the start of this season?

I love Troy Polamalu. I know he is the best overall SS in the game. Just curious as to what you would do if you were the GM.

Djfan
09-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Sing Troy.

insanesteelersfan
09-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Sing Troy.

Okay, what do you want me to sing ?....I'll have to warm up my voice first :Clap

feltdizz
09-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I may try to knock off a few mill but if he pressured me like in the Head and Shoulder commercial I would fold like a cheap suit.

Seriously though... unless it's a major injury I wouldn't change my offer. I would have to sign 4 more really good players to get the production and impact Troy brings to the table.

He is too much of a burden on other teams OC's to give him up.

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I'd give him a contract that makes him the highest paid safety in the game right now, and I'd still give him a contract that makes him the highest paid safety in the game next year even if he misses several games due to injury this season. The last contract we gave him made him the highest paid safety in football, and he earned it. Start with what Weddle got as a basic structure, but ultimately give him more than that, because he's worth it.

Djfan
09-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Sing Troy.

Okay, what do you want me to sing ?....I'll have to warm up my voice first :Clap

I think I have "type like a retard" disease today.

BackwoodsSteeler
09-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I would tag him and wait.

See folks, that's the whole point this. The Steelers have 2 years to decide what to do with him. Use that time wisely.

chiken
09-09-2011, 04:03 PM
you keep paying this guy until you know he cant beat you in another uniform.

BURGH86STEEL
09-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Offer will not be different.

hawaiiansteel
09-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Start with what Weddle got as a basic structure, but ultimately give him more than that, because he's worth it.

Eric Weddle is not the highest paid safety in the game, Eric Berry is. Weddle's contract is for 5 yrs/$40 mil while Eric Berry's is for 6 yrs/$60mil.

I'm sure Troy's agent will want to make Troy the highest paid safety in the game, as Troy deserves to be.

feltdizz
09-09-2011, 10:04 PM
you keep paying this guy until you know he cant beat you in another uniform.

This right here

flippy
09-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Sign him.

Sends the right message to the rest of the team.

And if I were Troy's agent, I would demand more money than Big Ben got.

The Steelers probably wouldn't give it to him, but I bet someone might.

Troy's worth more than Larry Fitzgerald.

He's worth more than any defensive player.

I wouldn't limit it to comparing it to SS contracts.

Heck I'd tell Troy he's the best player in the game. And his contract should be worth more than Manning's.

Healthy Troy = Super Bowls

Troy is the best player on the best defense.

And the NFL should want to send the message that players like Troy or Fitz with perfect character are going to be the guys that get the most dollars. It's good for the league.