PDA

View Full Version : Men's Journal gets Plax to spill the beans

feltdizz
09-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Plax is still a victim... I'm so glad we didn't pick him up. He has a ton of talent but it sounds like he has a long way to go.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6947235/plaxico-burress-rips-new-york-giants-reflects-prison-lesson

"I'm like, forget support -- how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg. And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, 'I'm glad you didn't kill anybody!' Man, we're paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn't realize that we're grown men and actually have kids of our own."

and other notable gems....

"He's not a real positive coach," Burress told Men's Journal for the article that hits newsstands Sept. 16. "You look around the league, the Raheem Morrises and Rex Ryans -- when their player makes a mistake, they take 'em to the side and say, 'We'll get 'em next time.' But Coughlin's on the sideline going crazy, man. I can't remember one time when he tried to talk a player through not having a day he was having."

Burress said he always stood behind Manning, but those feelings soured when the quarterback failed to visit Burress during his nearly two-year prison stint after pleading guilty to one count of attempted criminal possession of a weapon.

"I was always his biggest supporter, even days he wasn't on, 'cause I could sense he didn't have thick skin," Burress said. "Then I went away, and I thought he would come see me, but nothing, not a letter, in two years. I don't want to say it was a slap in the face, but I thought our relationship was better than that."

sounds like everyone else is also to blame for his actions.

hawaiiansteel
09-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Plax is still a victim... I'm so glad we didn't pick him up. He has a ton of talent but it sounds like he has a long way to go.

sounds like everyone else is also to blame for his actions.

well, that didn't take long for him to go from a supposed humbled guy who had learned from his mistakes back to the spoiled, loud-mouthed prima donna that he is.

AzStillers1989
09-09-2011, 08:46 PM
"I was always his biggest supporter, even days he wasn't on, 'cause I could sense he didn't have thick skin," Burress said. "Then I went away, and I thought he would come see me, but nothing, not a letter, in two years. I don't want to say it was a slap in the face, but I thought our relationship was better than that."

That is hilarious hahaha :lol:

kindlecatsb'ng
09-09-2011, 10:51 PM

He doesn't need to. He has the correct last name.

GO STEELERS! :tt1
Kindle

BackwoodsSteeler
09-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Man, we're paid too much to be treated like kids.
Then don't act like a child and you won't be treated as one.

RuthlessBurgher
09-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Man, we're paid too much to be treated like kids.
Then don't act like a child and you won't be treated as one.

If you want to act like a baby, I'll treat you like one. If you want to act like a big boy...

http://ecdn2.hark.com/images/000/327/322/327322/original.jpg