PDA

View Full Version : So why wasnt Charles Woodson ejected last night?

Dee Dub
09-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Throwing a punch let alone actually hitting a player is grounds for an automatic ejection.

Hmmmmmm??

Now...had that been......

...yeah you know where i am going with this. :HeadBanger

insanesteelersfan
09-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Throwing a punch let alone actually hitting a player is grounds for an automatic ejection.

Hmmmmmm??

Cause Goodell has his nose so far up the Packers butt, that's why. He also knew playing the Saints offense, if Woodson would have been kicked out of last nights game at that particular time, the Packers would have had a much greater chance to lose at Home. On national TV. And Ole Goodell could NEVER allow that :nono But now, Roger will likely try to come off as being Mr. Integrity, and suspend Woodson for the Packers second game....against Carolina.....Wow! Big loss there huh ? :Clap

focosteeler
09-09-2011, 01:41 PM
everyone saw it, the replay shows it without a doubt. he should be getting a little something from the commish. if he doesnt ill murder goodell.....if he does i still might just cause i hate him

Djfan
09-09-2011, 01:42 PM
everyone saw it, the replay shows it without a doubt. he should be getting a little something from the commish. if he doesnt ill murder goodell.....if he does i still might just cause i hate him

Can you imagine what would have happened if Harrison did that? This league kills me.

Dee Dub
09-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Roger Goodell did say before the game last night that there was no better place to be (Green Bay), to start the season.

:stirpot

Djfan
09-09-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k-a033kBos&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1

hawaiiansteel
09-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Goodell will fine Woodson $20,000 for that punch.

feltdizz
09-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Goodell should have issued the fine at the end of the quarter.

Djfan
09-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Tampa should have reasonably expected that Woodson be ejected.

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2011, 02:32 PM

Tampa?

Djfan
09-09-2011, 02:33 PM

Tampa?

It happens. It's actually code for New Orleans. Get with the program.

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2011, 02:40 PM

Tampa?

Then why was there no French Quarter when I was down in Tampa for SBXLIII? :wink:

Djfan
09-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Tampa?

Then why was there no French Quarter when I was down in Tampa for SBXLIII? :wink:

You obviously don't know the secret handshake.

BackwoodsSteeler
09-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Harrison would have been ejected on the spot, fined, and prolly suspended for the next game. Since the refs didn't see it, woodson should be fined and suspended for a game.

I fully expect to see Deebo on the sidelines for at least a game this year. The more the league cracks down on him, the harder he seems to hit.

Discipline of Steel
09-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Harrison would have been ejected on the spot, fined, and prolly suspended for the next game. Since the refs didn't see it, woodson should be fined and suspended for a game.

I fully expect to see Deebo on the sidelines for at least a game this year. The more the league cracks down on him, the harder he seems to hit.

That is why he is the MAN!

DukieBoy
09-09-2011, 05:55 PM

Anybody remember that play last season where the ref was grabbing his flag even before James hit the QB ???

Maybe Goodell will fine James for Woodson's punch.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-10-2011, 01:23 PM

Anybody remember that play last season where the ref was grabbing his flag even before James hit the QB ???

The Buffalo game for a hit on Fitzpatrick.

fordfixer
09-10-2011, 01:55 PM
So why wasnt Charles Woodson ejected last night? Because He doesn't play for the Steelers

DukieBoy
09-10-2011, 02:25 PM
[quote=BackwoodsSteeler]Harrison would have been ejected on the spot, fined, and prolly suspended for the next game. Since the refs didn't see it, woodson should be fined and suspended for a game.

The Buffalo game for a hit on Fitzpatrick.[/quote:f2bgr2nb]

Yes, that's it. Thanks! That penalty looked pre-determined.

grotonsteel
09-10-2011, 04:44 PM
So why wasnt Charles Woodson ejected last night? Because He doesn't play for the Steelers

:Agree

It happened in front of the ref and still he was not ejected.

Chachi
09-10-2011, 09:33 PM

Yes he is.

Djfan
09-10-2011, 10:51 PM

:Agree

It happened in front of the ref and still he was not ejected.

I noticed in the video that the ref was about ten feet away, watching it the whole time.

Sick.

Iron Shiek
09-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Wow...he was only fined $10K. Seems unfair to Harrison...who is getting fined for things happening in the run of play and simply hitting people too hard with no intent to injure, vs this guy punching someone after a play is over. Last I checked the only reason you punch someone is to injure them. Absolutely no freakin sense this makes to me (yeah, i just went yoda on you guys).

WTF

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Wow...he was only fined $10K. Seems unfair to Harrison...who is getting fined for things happening in the run of play and simply hitting people too hard with no intent to injure, vs this guy punching someone after a play is over. Last I checked the only reason you punch someone is to injure them. Absolutely no freakin sense this makes to me (yeah, i just went yoda on you guys).

WTF

http://www.lolbrary.com/lolpics/284/yodas-wtf-moment-3284.jpg

http://www.mileanhour.com/files/2010/10/thumbs-hornoxe-com-picdump177-053.jpg

fezziwig
09-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Goodell would never make too much of a stink or an example with the pretty player teams. Goodell wants the league to be green clean.
Had that been a Steeler player........... he would have had him suspended and his child would have to take off the first four games of a season if, he decided to join the NFL 20 years from now.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-14-2011, 04:38 PM

WTF

A more accurate comparison would probably be Richard Seymour's bunch on Ben last season. That netted him a fine of $25K.

hawaiiansteel
09-14-2011, 07:00 PM
NFL fines Charles Woodson $10,000 for punch

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 14, 2011

Packers cornerback Charles Woodson got off easy when he wasn’t ejected from Thursday night’s game after punching Saints tight end David Thomas. Now he’s gotten off easy again with a lower-than-expected fine.

The NFL has fined Woodson $10,000 for the punch, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

The $10,000 fine seems low, particularly compared to the $25,000 that Andre Johnson, Cortland Finnegan and Richard Seymour all got fined for throwing punches last season. The fine is also a pittance relative to Woodson’s salary, which tops $10 million a year.

So Woodson did something that’s indisputably unacceptable — punching an opponent — and got fined 0.1 percent of his salary. Jaguars practice squad linebacker Mike Lockley did something that’s at least arguably acceptable — a borderline hit while trying to break up a pass — and got fined more than 20 percent of his salary.

Something is wrong with that picture.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... for-punch/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/14/nfl-fines-charles-woodson-10000-for-punch/)

insanesteelersfan
09-20-2011, 11:54 PM

Hmmmmmm??

And this thread has WHAT to do with the PITTSBURGH STEELERS ?????????

BradshawsHairdresser
09-21-2011, 12:44 AM
NFL fines Charles Woodson $10,000 for punch

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 14, 2011

Packers cornerback Charles Woodson got off easy when he wasn’t ejected from Thursday night’s game after punching Saints tight end David Thomas. Now he’s gotten off easy again with a lower-than-expected fine.

The NFL has fined Woodson $10,000 for the punch, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

The $10,000 fine seems low, particularly compared to the $25,000 that Andre Johnson, Cortland Finnegan and Richard Seymour all got fined for throwing punches last season. The fine is also a pittance relative to Woodson’s salary, which tops $10 million a year.

So Woodson did something that’s indisputably unacceptable — punching an opponent — and got fined 0.1 percent of his salary. Jaguars practice squad linebacker Mike Lockley did something that’s at least arguably acceptable — a borderline hit while trying to break up a pass — and got fined more than 20 percent of his salary.

Something is wrong with that picture.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... for-punch/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/14/nfl-fines-charles-woodson-10000-for-punch/)

Again, no consistency at all when it comes to punishment in Goodell's NFL.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2011, 12:32 PM
If Woodson was suspended like he should have been for deliberately punching another player, then he wouldn't have had his 2 interceptions, and the Panthers likely upset the Packers.