PDA

View Full Version : Enough already!

Djfan
09-09-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm genuinely sorry for Peyton Manning and his injury. BUT, the league goes on. To hear these sports guys today, you would think that the world is ending.

Tough news, Peyton. Really.

Next.

flippy
09-09-2011, 10:32 AM
+1 The Steelers are gonna win the SuperBowl anyway, so why not focus on them? ;)

Oviedo
09-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm genuinely sorry for Peyton Manning and his injury. BUT, the league goes on. To hear these sports guys today, you would think that the world is ending.

Next.

The NFL has marketed Manning and Brady as the "faces of the NFL." It is inevitable and until they actually put him on IR, which they should, we will have non-stop Manning status reports.

Hockey fans across North America probably feel the same way about Sidney Crosby reports last season and through the summer. Just the nature of the beast.

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2011, 12:15 PM
I mean, it sucks for my fantasy team and all that Manning is a no-go (not my PlanetSteelers one), but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Players get hurt all the time, no matter how much Roger Goodell wants to protect them. The league moves on...

feltdizz
09-09-2011, 12:47 PM
We will hear about Manning all year....

fordfixer
09-09-2011, 10:12 PM
I mean, it sucks for my fantasy team and all that Manning is a no-go (not my PlanetSteelers one), but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Players get hurt all the time, no matter how much Roger Goodell wants to protect them. The league moves on...

I'll give you Dennis Dixon for your FF team :lol:

flippy
09-09-2011, 10:18 PM

I had Tom Brady the year he got hurt in week 1. And that turned out being one of my favorite seasons where I won in a super competitive league. I was lucky that no one expected anything out of Kurt Warner that year and I picked him up in one of the last rounds.

It was a strange season because most of my best players that season were picks in round 6 or later.

D Rock
09-09-2011, 10:29 PM

I had Tom Brady the year he got hurt in week 1. And that turned out being one of my favorite seasons where I won in a super competitive league. I was lucky that no one expected anything out of Kurt Warner that year and I picked him up in one of the last rounds.

It was a strange season because most of my best players that season were picks in round 6 or later.

That's how it worked for me last year too. I had Deangelo Williams from round 1 and I think I had Romo in a league as an early pick. I ended up finishing last years league with something like 9 of my 20 players being undrafted. Those make for fun seasons when you have to really manage the roster.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-10-2011, 01:30 PM

Next.

Makes you yearn for the days of a good Brett Favre report. :lol:

Discipline of Steel
09-10-2011, 01:45 PM
How long will the media fascination persist if Mannings career is over?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-10-2011, 01:56 PM
How long will the media fascination persist if Mannings career is over?

Well, I've seen 11 Brett Favre retirement specials over the past three years so work off of that.