PDA

View Full Version : More GODell is a POS hypocrite

BackwoodsSteeler
09-07-2011, 05:13 PM
So...........Tressel, the coach that turned a blind eye to the crap his players were doing, will be working for an NFL team and will not face a 5 game suspension.

I heard Ol' Rog on Mike and Mike yesterday morning explaining why he suspended Prior 5 games. He said it was because he did not want college players to think they can go outside the rules and then declair for the NFL to get out of a punishment.

Well, Tressel was the head coach. He was to over-see his program and insure his players were meeting NCAA guidelines. He failed in that respect due to his own choices. He is not a kid who has never had anything(and I am not ignoring what Prior did...I think it was wrong and he knew it)...he is an adult charged with a responsibility and he did not just make a mistake...he ignored it on purpose for his own betterment.

Prior was all ovber the TV and still is..........

Where is the media fall-out over this bag of crap?

Sugar
09-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Didn't Tressell and the Colts decide that he wouldn't start until game 7?

Not that I think Tressell or Pryor should have to have any suspension. NFL rules weren't violated, so there should be no suspension. Period.

BackwoodsSteeler
09-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Didn't Tressell and the Colts decide that he wouldn't start until game 7?

Not that I think Tressell or Pryor should have to have any suspension. NFL rules weren't violated, so there should be no suspension. Period.
Because that's when Tressel said he wanted to start...not because of any suspension.

I agree with they both don't deserve one. But fair is fair......and we all know that don't happen with the Head Idiot.

flippy
09-07-2011, 09:46 PM
At the end of the day, what does Tressel bring to the Colts besides a sweater vest?

fezziwig
09-07-2011, 11:58 PM
As much as I dislike Goodell, I kind of get what he is saying about not, using the NFL as a place for sanctuary.

It's like running to Canada when guys would get drafted. Not really but, same principle.

Discipline of Steel
09-08-2011, 06:30 AM
in the end, what does Prior care about the NFL suspension? He doesnt have to deal with that 'school stuff', he gets his own special draft, and access to his money sooner. Probably wouldnt be playing anyway, doesnt change a thing.

It does certainly highlight the disparity between players and coaches though. More inconsistency from the village idiot.

BackwoodsSteeler
09-08-2011, 06:37 AM
It does certainly highlight the disparity between players and coaches though. More inconsistency from the village idiot.
This is the point of the thread. He has too much power and shows no consistency when dolling it out.

I still can't believe the players settled the lock-out without addressing this issue.

feltdizz
09-08-2011, 08:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6936083/roger-goodell-was-ready-discipline-indianapolis-colts-jim-tressel

Roger Goodell OK with Jim Tressel ban

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday that he would have suspended Jim Tressel if the Indianapolis Colts didn't make him sit out games to start the 2011 season.

Mike and Mike in the Morning

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell discusses the lockout, being criticized by players, the kickoff changes, suspending Terrelle Pryor and more.

The Colts announced Monday that they wouldn't use the former Ohio State coach as a replay consultant until the seventh game of the season. Tressel was forced out at Ohio State after an investigation into improper benefits received by his players, including quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

"I support that decision. I think that's a wise one," Goodell said Tuesday in an interview with ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike in the Morning."

"I think it was clear that if they didn't take an appropriate action, I would have taken appropriate action," Goodell said.

In Monday's statement, Colts vice chairman Bill Polian said that "questions were raised with respect to the equity of his appointment as opposed to suspensions being served this season by present and former Ohio State players."

During the weekend, Colts owner Jim Irsay, coach Jim Caldwell, Polian and Tressel discussed the situation and consulted NFL officials.

"At coach Tressel's suggestion, and with Mr. Irsay's ... support, we have decided to begin coach Tressel's employment effective with our seventh regular-season game (Oct. 23 at New Orleans)."

Pryor recently was taken by the Oakland Raiders in the NFL's supplemental draft and will sit out the first five games under NFL suspension. Pryor recently announced that he will appeal the suspension.

Goodell was asked Tuesday if he believed that it was the NFL's responsibility to enforce NCAA rules.

"The NCAA has to establish their own rules and enforce their own rules. What we have is eligibility rules. What we have to do is make sure our eligibility rules are going to be upheld," Goodell said.

Goodell said he didn't want players making the decision when they are allowed to enter the NFL.

"I don't want players coming in from the college level that are either trying to avoid a suspension, declare themselves ineligible on their own, hire an agent and decide, 'I'm going to enter into the NFL,' " Goodell said.

"We think it's important for young men to stay in college football for as long as possible and stay in the formal education system. Because they're not going to play football forever and that college education could be helpful to them," he said.

feltdizz
09-08-2011, 08:20 AM
I think Goodell is a POS suspension happy commish but it was widely reported he would've suspended Tressell