PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
09-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Hey guys, I just re-did my mock draft for the start of the 2011 season. Completely overhauled the site so I would love to hear your feedback on both the site and the mock if you don't mind.

Here's the link:

http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html

Oviedo
09-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Biggest problem is you don't have the Steelers winning the Super Bowl.

Seriously, great work. I could see another interior OL in the next draft but it may be to replace Kemo not to play opposite of him. IMO Kemo has plateaued as far as his performance.

I think another CB or S could also be in the mix for Round 1.

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
It certainly looks impressive from an aesthetic standpoint.

The logos on one side and the player in action on the other with the team color sort of blending in the middle looked awfully nice. A few teams here or there were a bit difficult to read (like the Ravens, but who the hell cares about them anyway?), so you may want to switch to white type over a dark background color like that (or making the background a bit lighter might be easier).

Nice, concise description of how each players' talents mesh with team needs, and the inclusion of college stats where applicable was a nice touch as well.

Good work!

flippy
09-07-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm with Ovi, the biggest mistake is not having the Steelers picking last.

The second biggest mistake is having us losing to the Pats in the AFCC.

But overall nice work. I always have a hard time knowing which guys we might take this early, but you did a nice overall job.

And I had a hard time reading many of the words on the page. The text blended in to the colors for most of the picks.

StarSpangledSteeler
09-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Hey guys, I just re-did my mock draft for the start of the 2011 season. Completely overhauled the site so I would love to hear your feedback on both the site and the mock if you don't mind.

Here's the link:

http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html

Cordy Glenn is my pre-season favorite as well. The only problem is there is such a big gap in talent between him and the rest of the OG's. I think by the end of the year he could slip up into the 20's. But we'll see. This should be a very deep year for 1st round cornerbacks. And a lot of DT's in rounds 1-2. Possibly a Hampton replacement? Or a McFadden replacement?

phillyesq
09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
I don't know enough about the players yet, but your Steelers pick makes a lot of sense. A big, powerful RG would be a great pairing with Pouncey.

I generally like the logic behind the picks and the layout. If there was one criticism, on my screen, it was difficult to read the picks for some teams with darker backgrounds. I couldn't see them without highlighting.

Otherwise, very nice job.

Oviedo
09-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't know enough about the players yet, but your Steelers pick makes a lot of sense. A big, powerful RG would be a great pairing with Pouncey.

I generally like the logic behind the picks and the layout. If there was one criticism, on my screen, it was difficult to read the picks for some teams with darker backgrounds. I couldn't see them without highlighting.

Otherwise, very nice job.

I agree about legibility. You may want to consider a common background for the areas where you have the text and use unique colors just for the logo area.

jj28west
09-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Nice Work.

Dee Dub
09-08-2011, 08:39 PM
For me there are many players I would love the Steelers to get but there is one who really has my eye. And I think by combine time this player will be on every ones radar...

Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina Gamecocks.

Somewhere between Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson. A do it all corner.

http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/ ... hon01.html (http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gilmore_stephon01.html)

DFlo
09-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm looking into the text color issue. For now, I've made the really hard to read picks grey so they stand out against the dark background.