PDA

View Full Version : Steel of the year...

California-Steel
09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Man the offense is stacked. Two TE's that can catch is unstoppable in the red zone.

Nice workout clip of the Steelers new Tight End - http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=zE-o4pvHoOE

This season should be fun!

hawaiiansteel
09-06-2011, 02:43 PM
that was a pretty nice one-handed snag Saunders made in the cone drill... :Clap

fezziwig
09-06-2011, 04:57 PM
The Steelers should set major team records this year with our offense. This is the most excited I have ever been about our offense.
I'm going away this weekend so I'll tape the game, avoid contact with everyone and not listen to the radio when I get home. I'll probably not even get to watch the game until 8 or 9 pm.

Man oh man am I geeked up for this game.

DukieBoy
09-06-2011, 07:16 PM
The video is much better with the volume set on mute

fordfixer
09-06-2011, 08:28 PM
The video is much better with the volume set on mute
:Agree

NorthCoast
09-06-2011, 09:50 PM
The Steelers should set major team records this year with our offense. This is the most excited I have ever been about our offense.
I'm going away this weekend so I'll tape the game, avoid contact with everyone and not listen to the radio when I get home. I'll probably not even get to watch the game until 8 or 9 pm.

Man oh man am I geeked up for this game.

On paper I might agree with you fezzi. Everyone is excited over the skill players on offense. But we all know that for the offense to really explode as we are hoping it boils down to offensive line play. Allthough the line seems to be in better shape this season, I don't think I would put it much above average. Left tackle is still a concern and we have a new starting right guard. One injury could lead to a cascade of movement. This team will go as long as Ben is in the game.

flippy
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty excited about this Saunders kid. If he only learns to block, the sky is the limit.

Seriously, if he really commits to learning the craft of blocking, this kid has a chance to be scary good.

He's a shade smaller and a shade slower than Eric Green was. And if he really works out, there's no reason he can't carry an extra 15 lbs and be like another Eric Green for us.

Blocking is no easy task - ask Matt Spaeth. But this Saunders kid is just so darn athletic for his size, I think he's gonna eventually get it and hopefully he pays close attention to Heath and tries to emulate his style of play.

fezziwig
09-06-2011, 10:30 PM
North Coast and Flippy you guys are reading my mind. It's comic book size.

NC, I hear you about the o-line and isn't that always the case each season so, I'm just going to shrug off my worries and hope Ben can continue his magic of not getting killed.

Flip, I too like the Saunders kid and it seems like he is pretty well respected by others outside the Steeler team and us fans. When I hear stuff like that it gives me confidence that he might be the next Steeler steal.

flippy
09-06-2011, 10:46 PM
North Coast and Flippy you guys are reading my mind. It's comic book size.

NC, I hear you about the o-line and isn't that always the case each season so, I'm just going to shrug off my worries and hope Ben can continue his magic of not getting killed.

Flip, I too like the Saunders kid and it seems like he is pretty well respected by others outside the Steeler team and us fans. When I hear stuff like that it gives me confidence that he might be the next Steeler steal.

I'm kinda thinking he'll end up somewhere between FWP and James Harrison good.

The next great UDFA.