PDA

View Full Version : Took the Plunge Yesterday

Jooser
09-06-2011, 12:37 PM
So, I took this new job in Tennessee last year and much to my dismay, it was very tough finding televised Steeler games down here. I'm tired of crappy internet feeds too. So, yesterday, I was checking out Directv and discovered they were offering NFL Sunday Ticket free this year to first time subscribers. So, I pulled the trigger. I can't wait, every game in Hi Def! The sweetest part of the deal is that Mrs. Joos just bought me a new Hi Def LED television, so I am set folks! Bring it on!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

SidSmythe
09-06-2011, 01:52 PM
It's a shame a shame you spent all that money & Superbowl teams don't make the playoffs the following season :tt2

Oviedo
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
So, I took this new job in Tennessee last year and much to my dismay, it was very tough finding televised Steeler games down here. I'm tired of crappy internet feeds too. So, yesterday, I was checking out Directv and discovered they were offering NFL Sunday Ticket free this year to first time subscribers. So, I pulled the trigger. I can't wait, every game in Hi Def! The sweetest part of the deal is that Mrs. Joos just bought me a new Hi Def LED television, so I am set folks! Bring it on!

Welcome to the world wide group of Steelers expatriates who rely on DirectTV. Best investment I ever made.

Jooser
09-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks OV, it's Christmas in September for me. I am STOKED!

SteelBucks
09-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I've had it since '98....you'll love it!

fezziwig
09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
From one Steeler fan that always needs his black & gold fix to another............glad you got hooked up.

flippy
09-07-2011, 08:25 AM
It's a good day to be Jooser!!!!

Eich
09-07-2011, 08:33 AM
I can't live without NFL Sunday Ticket!!! Such a great feeling knowing that you'll never miss a game. I always try to get the best deal I can get - and DirecTV has always treated me right since 1997 - but I'd pay pretty much any price I had to for it.

Jooser
09-07-2011, 09:04 AM
It's a good day to be Jooser!!!!

Thanks Flip, I just about had a Mac-attack! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!

RussBII
09-07-2011, 10:38 AM

i absolutely love it. The one thing that drives me crazy is how few games I actually needed it for. But i'm in an NFC team market, so that's a big difference.

One warning, be ready for sticker shock next year. When i signed on, I got everything free EXCEPT the Sunday Ticket. MY bill started out as 70 bucks, which was awesome. Then it slowly ballooned to 120. Last month it was 200. I called and moves ome stuff around around and got it down to 140 with sunday ticket and it'll be about 75 after the season.

Anyone have their box hooked up to the internet? Is that worth doing?

Steelgal
09-07-2011, 11:52 AM

Now you need to get a feed to do some streaming for us who don't have Direct TV and live outside the Pittsburgh market :lol:

BURGH86STEEL
09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
For those interested, I just ordered NFL Sunday Ticket through my play station 3 today. Now I won't have to go to bars this season. The cost is approx. 350. The payments can be charged monthly at 85 per month.

BackwoodsSteeler
09-08-2011, 05:37 PM
For those interested, I just ordered NFL Sunday Ticket through my play station 3 today. Now I won't have to go to bars this season. The cost is approx. 350. The payments can be charged monthly at 85 per month.
As a new customer...which I am assuming you are by your post....you could have got it for free.

As a repeat customer....I got it for less than what I paid in 2002. :tt2 :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2011, 06:46 PM
As a new customer...which I am assuming you are by your post....you could have got it for free.

As a repeat customer....I got it for less than what I paid in 2002. :tt2 :Beer

That's for new DirecTV customers (who I think have to sign a 2 year contract to qualify). For the first time this year, you can buy Sunday Ticket without DirecTV if you have a PS3. That's great for people in apartment buildings and the like who cannot mount a satellite dish anywhere.

TD386Steel
09-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Worth every penny! Congrats

Shawn
09-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Just make sure you read the fine print on every transaction. Everytime you upgrade your service you will be signing up for a new contract. After being with Directv for 5 years I was told I owed them 350 dollars to quit em.