PDA

View Full Version : Hard Knocks - Review of Past 10 Seasons

flippy
09-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Can't believe Hard Knocks has been on for 10 years. I couldn't sleep last night and saw a special on HBO that reviewed the 10 years of the Hard Knocks show.

I really wish the Steelers would have done this. Or I wish they'd consider doing it in the future.

Training camp is the best time of year. It's where all the magic happens. Teams are formed. Players dreams come true and get killed.

There's so many great dynamics that go into the making of these teams. And it's been awesome getting this kind of insight into other teams.

How cool would it be to get this level of access to the Steelers?

I would have loved to see the cutting of guys like Warren and Butler and their reactions. How the heck did the Steelers cut Kapinos and Roadhouse?

Watching the approach of some of these other teams, I can't help but wonder how the Steelers would handle similar situations. Like would someone from the Steelers wake a guy up at 4 am to tell him he's been cut?

And the best part is the insight into the coaches. From Billick to Edwards to Ryan. You really get an interesting look into these guys. And I'd love to get Mike Tomlin when he's not the robot saying the precisely perfect things to the media. Same with Ben who's the other Steeler with a PhD in handling the media.

And I've also wondered if we had this type of access to the Steelers, would we have new favorite players? A different perspective on a player?

C'Mon Steelers. Sign up for a Hard Knocks already!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2011, 10:12 AM
While I'd love to see it, I understand why they don't do it. There needs to be a singular team-building focus in Latrobe, not a sideshow. Cowher flat-out dismissed it as a possibility when asked, and Tomlin has done the same. Don't expect to see it any time soon.

Flip, did you watch the 24-7 Pens-Caps that HBO did prior to the Winter Classic last year? That was awesome...the hockey equivalent of Hard Knocks access.

Starlifter
09-06-2011, 10:17 AM
It really saddens me the steelers have flat out refused. They are one of the most popular teams in the NFL and between that and the haters out there - the ratings would be HUGE!

the hockey last year was absolutely awesome!

Starlifter
09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
btw - I still laugh my a$$ off at carson palmer complaining to his center about not wiping his butt and making his hands stink. let me see. your name is carson, you come from southern cal and you play for the bungles. don't act like your hands haven't touched poop before....

not that there's anything wrong with that......... :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

sentinel33
09-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah. Too racey for the Rooneys.

They need to change the name to something like Pro Football Introspective: [insert team here].

You know. Shine it up a bit. Make it presentable in a suit and tie.

Rooneys might be more interested if it just received a make over.

But then again-6 Championships and no cheerleaders...

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah. Too racey for the Rooneys.

They need to change the name to something like Pro Football Introspective: [insert team here].

You know. Shine it up a bit. Make it presentable in a suit and tie.

Rooneys might be more interested if it just received a make over.

But then again-6 Championships and no cheerleaders...

Goodell may force HBO to change the name from Hard Knocks to Friendly Contact. :lol:

phillyesq
09-06-2011, 12:31 PM
While I'd also like to see that kind of behind the scenes look on the Steelers, I can understand why it will never happen.

From what I remember, HBO reached out to a bunch of teams this year and couldn't find anybody willing to participate (I'm sure the lockout uncertainty also played a part).

papillon
09-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm glad they don't want to air this type of reality TV for everyone to see. I would rather the Steelers create their own documentary of a season rather than having ESPN or any other media outlet involved.

That's just me though...

Pappy

flippy
09-06-2011, 12:51 PM
While I'd love to see it, I understand why they don't do it. There needs to be a singular team-building focus in Latrobe, not a sideshow. Cowher flat-out dismissed it as a possibility when asked, and Tomlin has done the same. Don't expect to see it any time soon.

Flip, did you watch the 24-7 Pens-Caps that HBO did prior to the Winter Classic last year? That was awesome...the hockey equivalent of Hard Knocks access.

Yep, the Pens / Capitals one was awesome.

I like the format of the Hard Knocks shows and wish they'd do something similar for hockey that really focuses on the team building aspect of the preseason.

But it was pretty cool to get a behind the looks view of hockey in midseason.

flippy
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
I can also see that you'd want to protect your way of doing business so others can't copy your formula for success. I suspect that's what the Steelers want to hide.

The other team I'd like to get a look at is New England, but I don't imagine they'll ever do it either.

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I can also see that you'd want to protect your way of doing business so others can't copy your formula for success. I suspect that's what the Steelers want to hide.

The other team I'd like to get a look at is New England, but I don't imagine they'll ever do it either.

Cincinnati didn't have that problem, because no one would ever in a million year try to copy their business model. :lol:

:bungalssuck

phillyesq
09-06-2011, 02:18 PM

The *s, with all their video prowess, are more likely to produce a Hard Knocks than to be the subject of one.