PDA

View Full Version : Hate to ask, but just wondering ... where is Sweed?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Did anyone pick him up?

AkronSteel
09-04-2011, 02:15 PM
No....I don't believe he has been picked up and I don't expect him to be. The guy is a bust, he is the offensive equivalent of Alonzo Jackson. He had tons of potential but could never put it together upstairs. The stage was too big for him. The Steelers have one of the best WR corps in the league if not the best, Sweed was never going to make it either way!! I'm just excited to see that unit tear up the NFL this season. I fully expect Ben to light up the scoreboard this season with these guys!!! I have a feeling this will be his best season to date, with or without Limas Sweed!!!

:HeadBanger

P.S. Not aimed at you brother just don't understand the love for Limas on this or any other board. The guy never did a thing.....well, he did knock out a Raven on special teams in the AFC Championship game in 08, but other than that he did nothing!!!

insanesteelersfan
09-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Hopefully Sweed is working on his next career by learning the phrase.....would you like some " Fried Okra " with your Chicken Sir " :Clap

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-04-2011, 02:23 PM
No....I don't believe he has been picked up and I don't expect him to be. The guy is a bust, he is the offensive equivalent of Alonzo Jackson. He had tons of potential but could never put it together upstairs. The stage was too big for him. The Steelers have one of the best WR corps in the league if not the best, Sweed was never going to make it either way!! I'm just excited to see that unit tear up the NFL this season. I fully expect Ben to light up the scoreboard this season with these guys!!! I have a feeling this will be his best season to date, with or without Limas Sweed!!!

:HeadBanger

P.S. Not aimed at you brother just don't understand the love for Limas on this or any other board. The guy never did a thing.....well, he did knock out a Raven on special teams in the AFC Championship game in 08, but other than that he did nothing!!!

That's cool, AkronSteel, I didn't take it any bad way ... just wondering!

Thanks - :tt2 :tt1

Starlifter
09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
very sad indeed.....

[attachment=0:2np0rcr1]sweedcuckoo.jpg[/attachment:2np0rcr1].

hawaiiansteel
09-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Sweed's next career, assuming of course that Limas can hold onto a shovel:

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr212/fototype/mz_6481534_bodyshot_300x400-16.gif

Discipline of Steel
09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Its easy to laugh at Limas for never accomplishing anything but most of these players do put a lot of hard work in trying to realize their potential. I for one hope his next endeavor is more successful. Isnt it great how the Steelers were able to just move on and have other quality guys ready to fill the space?

hawaiiansteel
09-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Its easy to laugh at Limas for never accomplishing anything but most of these players do put a lot of hard work in trying to realize their potential. I for one hope his next endeavor is more successful.

you're absolutely right, although I love to poke fun at Sweed I really do wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.
Limas, here's to you not dropping the ball at your next job... :Cheers

Djfan
09-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I heard he signed on with an Amway downline in Modesto.

fezziwig
09-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't know why some of us our still interested in a guy that really showed very little. When I heard all the excitment when he was drafted I had a feeling he wasn't going to live up to it just like the way I feel about Worilds.

I tried to be positive about Sweed but with all that happened and the current talent at receiver, Sweed had a pretty big hole to climb out of. I did like he was tall and hoped he could be that guy to out reach the defenders. I think many of us thought he could be a star with especially being a number two pick. Also the Steelers invested a lot of time in on this guy but with the current talent the Steelers could move a head with out him.

All I know when I see a guy drop a pass I'll think of Sweed. I'm sure I'll be saying to myself, " How Sweed it is "

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2011, 02:25 PM
I always held out hope that he would amount to something so I could yell "SWEEEEEEEEEEED" at games after big plays just like I scream "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH" when Miller catches a pass now.

Those guys are always fun to have. Just like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" in the past.

virgilbosetti
09-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I always held out hope that he would amount to something so I could yell "SWEEEEEEEEEEED" at games after big plays just like I scream "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH" when Miller catches a pass now.

Those guys are always fun to have. Just like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" in the past.

How about Louuuuuuuuuuuu for Louie "on the line" Lipps.

fezziwig
09-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I remember some of the Ravens fans saying we bogarted the cheer for Heath Miller from them and Todd Heap.

We started doing that stuff with Brunner and Brunner was here at Pitsburgh before the Ravens were even a team in Baltimore.

Went to the Steelers game with my brother in law and I asked him, " why are they booing Brunner ? " He quickly explained it was a cheer.

feltdizz
09-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I don't know why some of us our still interested in a guy that really showed very little. When I heard all the excitment when he was drafted I had a feeling he wasn't going to live up to it just like the way I feel about Worilds.

I tried to be positive about Sweed but with all that happened and the current talent at receiver, Sweed had a pretty big hole to climb out of. I did like he was tall and hoped he could be that guy to out reach the defenders. I think many of us thought he could be a star with especially being a number two pick. Also the Steelers invested a lot of time in on this guy but with the current talent the Steelers could move a head with out him.

All I know when I see a guy drop a pass I'll think of Sweed. I'm sure I'll be saying to myself, " How Sweed it is "

People didn't think he would be a because he was a 2nd rounder, it was his size and speed. If Sweed could catch he would be a star and Wallace probably doesn't shine for another year or 2.

The guy can do everything but catch the football, its not like he couldn't get open or separate. Those early drops were devestating and unfortunately the mental part of the game was too much.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-05-2011, 10:47 PM
As Yogi Berra said about baseball, "Half this game is 90 percent mental."

Of course, he also said, "90 percent of this game is half mental."

And then, "Baseball is 90 percent mental...the other half is physical."

hawaiiansteel
09-05-2011, 11:14 PM
As Yogi Berra said about baseball, "Half this game is 90 percent mental."

Of course, he also said, "90 percent of this game is half mental."

And then, "Baseball is 90 percent mental...the other half is physical."

some of my favorite Yogi Berra quotes:

"If the fans don't come out to the ball park, you can't stop them."

"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."

"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."

BradshawsHairdresser
09-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I love this Yogi quote about effort:
"You should always give 100 percent in the first half of the game. If that doesn't work, then give what's left in the second half."