PDA

View Full Version : Eye catchings names from KFFL cut list

Keyplay1
09-04-2011, 07:03 AM
No, this is not a bring em in here list. These were names that just caught my eye for some reason or other. For example:

NYG: LB Greg Lloyd Jr. Obvious reasons. There have been mentions of him on the board from time to time.

This was not a very good day for some ex-Steelers I noticed.

Det cut CB Anthony Madison, the Giants cut CB Joe Burnett, San Diego cut RB Frank Summers--the Tank I suppose---Washington let DL Doug Worthington go and a player a liked when he was here CB Roy Lewis was injured and placed on the PUP list.

Den let go a TE named Dan Gronkowski. Dallas cut a FB Chris Gronkowski. When I saw the TE Dan Gronkowski I thought he was the guy who had the big day against the Steelers when we played NE last year. But no that was a Rob Gronkowski. Geez! you expect there to be a bunch of Smiths or Browns in the league, but 3 Gronkowski's. Hey that's pretty good.

CIN: QB Dan Lefevour: Was he the QB that threw all those passes to Antonio Bryant?

CIN: RB CEDRIC BENSON was released. From JAIL. This really made me laugh. They have been really kind of quiet down there lately.

IND: QB Dan Orlofsky. This guy was one those QB's that was ranked higher than Big Ben in that freaking screwball attempt to replace the existing passer rating system used.

DEN: DL Demario Pressley. This was a fairly high ranked player. I guess even Elvis couldn't help.

Yeah, just take a look at that transactions page. See what catches your eye for reason or another. It's the KFFL page. ok I will try and paste the link:

http://www.kffl.com/transactions.php/NFL

papillon
09-04-2011, 09:28 AM
I found it interesting that Terrell Pryor was placed on the reserved/suspended list whatever that means.

If I were a GM there are certain teams that I would check first, because they've proven over the years that they can't judge NFL talent and two of those would be Oakland and Cincinnati.

Mark Clayton was put on the PUP list by the Rams.

Thaddeus Gibson was released by the Redskins.

Pappy

D Rock
09-04-2011, 11:18 AM
No, this is not a bring em in here list. These were names that just caught my eye for some reason or other. For example:

NYG: LB Greg Lloyd Jr. Obvious reasons. There have been mentions of him on the board from time to time.

This was not a very good day for some ex-Steelers I noticed.

Det cut CB Anthony Madison, the Giants cut CB Joe Burnett, San Diego cut RB Frank Summers--the Tank I suppose---Washington let DL Doug Worthington go and a player a liked when he was here CB Roy Lewis was injured and placed on the PUP list.

Den let go a TE named Dan Gronkowski. Dallas cut a FB Chris Gronkowski. When I saw the TE Dan Gronkowski I thought he was the guy who had the big day against the Steelers when we played NE last year. But no that was a Rob Gronkowski. Geez! you expect there to be a bunch of Smiths or Browns in the league, but 3 Gronkowski's. Hey that's pretty good.

CIN: QB Dan Lefevour: Was he the QB that threw all those passes to Antonio Bryant?

CIN: RB CEDRIC BENSON was released. From JAIL. This really made me laugh. They have been really kind of quiet down there lately.

IND: QB Dan Orlofsky. This guy was one those QB's that was ranked higher than Big Ben in that freaking screwball attempt to replace the existing passer rating system used.

DEN: DL Demario Pressley. This was a fairly high ranked player. I guess even Elvis couldn't help.

Yeah, just take a look at that transactions page. See what catches your eye for reason or another. It's the KFFL page. ok I will try and paste the link:

http://www.kffl.com/transactions.php/NFL

The Gronkowskis are all brothers I think, and from the Pittsburgh area.

Shawn
09-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I found it interesting that Terrell Pryor was placed on the reserved/suspended list whatever that means.

If I were a GM there are certain teams that I would check first, because they've proven over the years that they can't judge NFL talent and two of those would be Oakland and Cincinnati.

Pappy

I believe Pryor was put on that list because he has to serve his college suspension in the NFL.

chiken
09-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Pappy[/quote]

I believe Pryor was put on that list because he has to serve his college suspension in the NFL.[/quote]

correct

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2011, 01:04 PM

That's interesting. We tried to put in a waiver claim when the Niners waived him, but Washington trumped us, since they had a worse record last year and therefore had priority. Wonder if we try to pick him up again, or are they good with Worilds and Carter as backup OLB's?

I'd rather have Thad Gibson back as a 9th LB (he was the 9th LB on the roster coming out of camp last year until we needed that roster spot for DL depth when injuries struck) than Arnaz Battle as a 6th WR.

Keyplay1
09-04-2011, 01:27 PM

Pappy

I did notice that there was detailed explanation of the PUP list after the players name. There was nothing after a player who was on the reserved/suspended list. But it could be self explanatory as the following excerpts from articles suggest.

The Tennessee Titans will place linebacker David Thornton on the physically unable to perform list as they trim their roster, giving him at least six more weeks to heal up his surgically repaired hip

Fisher also said the Titans will not make any moves until Saturday before the league deadline. The Titans will receive a roster exemption when linebacker Gerald McRath is placed on the reserve/suspended list for the first four games.

This was from last season. One on the PUP which is explained in detail after Clayton. Or was it? In the part about Thornton it says "giving him at least six more weeks to heal" Does this not suggest that if he gets better quick he can be brought back sooner?

I think the key here is in the line about the team "will receive a roster exemption". Not positive but I think this applies in both situations. No big deal. If they bring the guy back they have to unload someone else anyhow. I did not check this but more than likely that was what Big Ben was on last year.

Reading this stuff this occurred to me. If a player on reserve/suspension receives a roster exemption why could a team not do this. Last year instead of keeping A. Smith on the active roster simply keep suspending him for a couple weeks at a time for whatever reason 2 weeks for missing a meeting. 2 weeks for missing a plane. Simply continue this until the player gets well and if not you still have had the roster spot filled all year. AAMOF if it is so that you can bring a player back from the PUP list at any time there are nine weeks there----oops! wont work.---- I just saw where after the initial 6 weeks the team has 3 more weeks to take action. If the player is not activated he goes on IR. Wait a minute what's to stop a team from activating the player and then suspending him and giving him more time to heal.

Hey, these freaking NFL things are so full of loopholes. No one seems to know how they really work anyhow. WTF [yeah, I know RB a team that suspends one of its own players probably doesn't get a roster exemption or does it?]

Ehhh! I usually don't pay any attention to this stuff most of the time it works out.