PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards cut from Oakland

insanesteelersfan
09-04-2011, 12:03 AM
.....Just a question, would Edwards be a better option for us as a 3rd QB then Dixon is ? I mean IF something happened to Ben where he was going to be out a couple of games, and if say Batch goes down, would you feel better with Dixon ? Or say with Edwards ?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Living so close to Buffalo I have heard and seen a lot about Trent Edwards over the years.

He is garbage.....

insanesteelersfan
09-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Living so close to Buffalo I have heard and seen a lot about Trent Edwards over the years.

He is garbage.....

He's worse then Dixon is ? And if you think so, based on what ?

phillyesq
09-04-2011, 06:55 AM
At this point, at least Dixon knows the offense. And he does have enough athleticism to make some plays with his feet.

By the time you get to a #3 QB, none are particularly good. Might as well stick with the guy that knows the system and can make plays with his feet.

D Rock
09-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Trent 'Checkdown' Edwards is hardly the QB I would want running this team under any circumstances.

He makes all the weapons the Steelers have completely useless.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-04-2011, 04:07 PM

He is garbage.....

He's worse then Dixon is ? And if you think so, based on what ?

Is he worse? Maybe, maybe not. But he is not better and I would not go through the process of making a change unless there is a noticeable upgrade. There is a certain something about continuity - even if that continuity is Dennis Dixon.

And based on what?

Based on watching him play over the course of several years as a Buffalo Bill. I have watched him play many times including a few times live, have you?

ikestops85
09-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Dixon is not that bad. Given some experience he would be serviceable.