PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Curt Roster to 58

SteelStallion
09-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Steelers cut roster to 58, Leftwich to IR

Friday, September 02, 2011

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have placed quarterback Byron Leftwich on their injured reserve and released 21 players, reducing their roster to 58 players, the team announced in a release this afternoon.

Leftwich suffered a broken arm in the Steelers' third preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons and will miss the 2011 season.

The team needs to release five more players before Saturday's 6 p.m. deadline to get their roster to the league-mandated 53 players.

The 21 players released today include linebackers Baraka Atkins, Mario Harvey, Chris McCoy and Mortty Ivy, defensive lineman Corbin Bryant, defensive backs Brett Greenwood, Macho Harris, Donovan Warren and Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, running backs James Johnson and John Clay, offensive linemen Colin Miller, Kyle Jolly, John Malecki, Trevis Turner and Keith Williams, wide receivers Armand Robinson, Wes Lyons and Tyler Grisham, tight end Jamie McCoy and kicker Swayze Waters.

First published on September 2, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11245/11 ... z1WpZ2a21T (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11245/1171702-100.stm#ixzz1WpZ2a21T)

BradshawsHairdresser
09-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Hate to see Warren go, but I guess it was inevitable...he's probably not PS eligible, either...

steelblood
09-02-2011, 04:59 PM
corbin bryant, warren and morty ivy had a chance I thought, but didn't even make it to the final 58. Oh well, hopefully they'll be on our practice squad.

SteelStallion
09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Warren had a chance. But I'd rather see Brown, Allen, and Butler make it.

Vindrow
09-02-2011, 06:26 PM

They could have kept those 3 and Warren and cut Gay...he will get burned constantly this season.

chiken
09-02-2011, 07:11 PM

They could have kept those 3 and Warren and cut Gay...he will get burned constantly this season.

He will constantly get burned if he has to play anything other than The nickel Corner. He is Decent as a NC.

winwithd
09-02-2011, 11:23 PM
When is the practice squad announced?

MaxAMillion
09-02-2011, 11:37 PM

He will constantly get burned if he has to play anything other than The nickel Corner. He is Decent as a NC.

Exactly, when he plays out of position he gets burned. He is solid playing Nickel corner in the slot. I would have liked to keep Warren but the team has 4 young corners to consider keeping.

I am more disappointed that the team can't seem to figure out how to draft a quality OG. Guard is usually the easiest position to fill amongst the OL.