PDA

View Full Version : Is there a real battle to be our kicker?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Seems we've got TWO people with good legs, based on last night's game against the Panthers - each of the SWZ kickers kicked a field goal of at least 52 yards, and outdoors (Swayze Waters, Shaun "Sweezy Money" Suisham) .

Is Suisham's job in jeopardy?

hawaiiansteel
09-02-2011, 02:29 PM
you could ask the same question of our two punters.

Sepulveda seems to be the favorite but Kapinos had back-to-back punts of 63 yards in the first half and was the holder for Suisham's field goals of 52 and 31 yards.

flippy
09-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm rooting for Roadhouse!!!!

fezziwig
09-02-2011, 02:34 PM
If the coaching staff wants to play it gutsy they'll give the young pups a roster spot but, they'll probably play the safe bet and stick with the vets.

To tell you the truth I wouldn't be upset if they went for the youth and also saved some money.

I still can't pronounce or spell our vet kickers name so, he can go.

I have trouble with the punters name too plus, he injured it seems more than he plays, he can go also.

hawaiiansteel
09-02-2011, 04:01 PM
it was just announced that PK Swayze Waters has been cut.

fezziwig
09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I just heard on the radio that Kapinos was the holder for Shazam for the first two quarters and the annoucer said there might be something into that to read.

ikestops85
09-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I am not a fan of Suisham so I am sorry to hear that he won the job. I will guarantee that he costs us at least one game this year. Mark it down.

hawaiiansteel
09-03-2011, 08:55 PM
I just heard on the radio that Kapinos was the holder for Shazam for the first two quarters and the annoucer said there might be something into that to read.

so much for that theory, huh? :D

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I am not a fan of Suisham so I am sorry to hear that he won the job. I will guarantee that he costs us at least one game this year. Mark it down.

You might be right, ikestops85, but there's no way for us to know whether Swayze wouldn't have lost us 1.5 or 2 games.

Why do you think Waters would have been the better choice?

ikestops85
09-03-2011, 10:50 PM

You might be right, ikestops85, but there's no way for us to know whether Swayze wouldn't have lost us 1.5 or 2 games.

I watched Suisham in Washington and the guy is horrible with pressure kicks. So it's not a matter of thinking Swayze is better ... it's a matter of me thinking Suisham stinks and anybody would be better.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-03-2011, 11:14 PM

I watched Suisham in Washington and the guy is horrible with pressure kicks. So it's not a matter of thinking Swayze is better ... it's a matter of me thinking Suisham stinks and anybody would be better.

Yeah, I remember hearing that when we picked him up, but also being very pleasantly surprised when he started making some pressure kicks for us last year. I hope you're wrong, and that he doesn't revert to his old form. Who knows what the FO sees that pushes them one way or another ...

:tt2 :tt1

fezziwig
09-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Susiam makes me nervous. I've never had a lot of confidence in him and the sad thing is, he has been a pretty good kicker since he got here. I don't know what it is about him but I get nervous everytime he gets up there to kick a field goal.

BTW, how is Jeff Reed doing if anyone knows ? I wonder if he has gotten out of his slump ?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Susiam makes me nervous. I've never had a lot of confidence in him and the sad thing is, he has been a pretty good kicker since he got here. I don't know what it is about him but I get nervous everytime he gets up there to kick a field goal.

BTW, how is Jeff Reed doing if anyone knows ? I wonder if he has gotten out of his slump ?

Who was our kicker before Skippy? I've been nervous on every kick since him.

Skippy is doing promotionals for Peanut Butter ("Just More Nuts!") and Brawny Paper Towels ("Go Ahead, Take it Out on Us - We're Tough Enough!").

fordfixer
09-04-2011, 10:33 AM

Who was our kicker before Skippy? I've been nervous on every kick since him.

Skippy is doing promotionals for Peanut Butter ("Just More Nuts!") and Brawny Paper Towels ("Go Ahead, Take it Out on Us - We're Tough Enough!").
:lol: :lol: :lol:

fezziwig
09-04-2011, 11:02 AM
I wonder if Skippy was in delight that we lost our last Super Bowl ?

It had to be killing him that we went there without him and his paper leg.

kindlecatsb'ng
09-04-2011, 10:28 PM
The Seahags released Skippy.

GO STEELERS!
Kindle

hawaiiansteel
09-04-2011, 10:52 PM
The Seahags released Skippy.

GO STEELERS!
Kindle

all bathroom dispensers in Seattle area convenience stores can now breathe easier... :D

fezziwig
09-05-2011, 10:57 AM
maybe he'll end up in Arizona