PDA

View Full Version : If there was ever a game that begged for

Stewie
09-02-2011, 07:35 AM
a pony backfield of Redman and Mendy, it's the Baltimore game, IMHO. Additional 2nd tier blocking and a lead blocker. BTW Redman looked like a man among boys against Carolina.

DukieBoy
09-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Redman looked great last night

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Why would you want to slam the ball up the middle against the likes of Ngata and Cody?

I'd spread 'em out and throw. The difference between Baltimore and Pittsburgh boils down to Ben vs. Flacco.

NC Steeler Fan
09-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Why would you want to slam the ball up the middle against the likes of Ngata and Cody?

I'd spread 'em out and throw. The difference between Baltimore and Pittsburgh boils down to Ben vs. Flacco.

:Agree

DukieBoy
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM

X2

Get a lead, then run 'em later in the game after those big loads and old legs on their D tire out.

insanesteelersfan
09-02-2011, 01:00 PM

X2

Get a lead, then run 'em later in the game after those big loads and old legs on their D tire out.

X3......You don't run right at Baltimore, that is stupid. What you do, is once Ngata and Cody are in the game, you then go no-huddle, at a fast pace, and FORCE them to keep those two Fat Azzes in the game, and after 3 to 4 plays, they will be carrying those fools off the field on a stretcher.

Stewie
09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Who said anything about slamming it up the middle. With a pony backfield, you can get 2-3 WRs, TE (if 2), and the unoccupied back in the flat. I am concerned with blocking Ngata and Sizz and keeping Ben healthy. Plus with two capable runners, we can mix in some slashes and wear 'em out. The bomb to Brown and Wallace is nice, but it uses no clock and is higher risk. Sure throw a couple, but don't live by the splash plays.

Stewie
09-03-2011, 08:22 PM

X2

X3......You don't run right at Baltimore, that is stupid. What you do, is once Ngata and Cody are in the game, you then go no-huddle, at a fast pace, and FORCE them to keep those two Fat Azzes in the game, and after 3 to 4 plays, they will be carrying those fools off the field on a stretcher.

Nothing stopping you from running no huddle with a pony.