PDA

View Full Version : That was good coverage by Crezdon Butler..

Dee Dub
09-01-2011, 09:16 PM
...on Clowney on the long TD reception..all the way up until Clowney got a way with an arm bar that created the seperation. Not even the best of cover corners can cover if the refs allow that.

feltdizz
09-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Mundy was slow over the top. Funny thing is my friend was bashing the Lebeau cushion and Butler pressed his man on that play...

right after the TD we agreed the Lebeau cushion isn't all that bad.

Dee Dub
09-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Mundy was slow over the top. Funny thing is my friend was bashing the Lebeau cushion and Butler pressed his man on that play...

Disagree. If Clowney doesn't uses his hand/arm there at about the 15 yard line, then you dont see the separation.

For being in press coverage to start, I think this was good coverage by Butler.

Watch it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_WbF7HKUg8

Dee Dub
09-02-2011, 02:36 PM
What I teach young DB's is that you do not look back for the ball until you see the receivers hands start to come up. That is the only thing I think Butler did wrong here. A receiver cant and wont catch at pass if his hands are down by his side. Butler looked back way too soon and allowed Clowney to arm bar him enough to separate himself from Butler.

feltdizz
09-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Disagree. If Clowney doesn't uses his hand/arm there at about the 15 yard line, then you dont see the separation.

For being in press coverage to start, I think this was good coverage by Butler.

Watch it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_WbF7HKUg8

he got beat... it was a slick move, just enough to slow Butler down but not enough to draw attention.

I was in that corner of the endzone and watched the play unfold because we were talking about the press coverage right before the snap.

It was decent coverage but as soon as he looked back he was toast.

I watched it again, Butler was beat at the 30, guy had a step on him and it was perfectly thrown. Unless Butler has Neon Dieon speed there was no way he was going to defend that pass.

Mundy was late, real late, as well.

Steelerphile
09-02-2011, 03:41 PM

This is exactly what I saw happening. When the DBs start getting beat deep more if they try to play so much tighter, then the fickle fans will cry about that.

StarSpangledSteeler
09-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I swear Butler was supposed to have help over the top on that play?

The other two CB's (on the opposite side of the field) were playing off. The strong side TE never really left the LOS. What is our safety watching? Get your ass back there and defend the deep ball.