PDA

View Full Version : Time to get the gear out!

sentinel33
09-01-2011, 11:16 AM
One of my favorite days of the year.

The final pre-season game.

Why?

'Cause I pull out all my Steelers gear and start jazzin' the place up.

Not that I don't have steelers stuff up year round. I take it down to about 10% in the off season.

I have a Roethlisberger and a Ward action figure. I put them in my kitchen on the top shelves of opposite cabinets. It's a pretty sweet setup.

You guys have a favorite "ritual" that you do prior to the season opening up?

flippy
09-01-2011, 11:19 AM
My dog starts playing with her black and gold toys this time of year. I think she senses the season's starting. I seriously don't see her playing with these toys during the offseason.

sentinel33
09-01-2011, 11:25 AM
That's wild, flip.

I'm a dog nut so I would get a huge kick out of that.

Does she sing "Here We Go" with you?

flippy
09-01-2011, 11:47 AM
That's wild, flip.

I'm a dog nut so I would get a huge kick out of that.

Does she sing "Here We Go" with you?

My dog is about 7 lbs and she likes to shake the crap out of her toys. And I usually start throwing my terrible towel to her during games and she shakes it and literally looks like she's waving it.

She hasn't figured out how to sing in 9 years, so I think the here we go song is probably hopeless at this point.

NC Steeler Fan
09-01-2011, 11:52 AM

Why?

Not that I don't have steelers stuff up year round. I take it down to about 10% in the off season.

I have a Roethlisberger and a Ward action figure. I put them in my kitchen on the top shelves of opposite cabinets. It's a pretty sweet setup.

Dude, no offense, but I can't fathom doing anything different before, during or after football season.
8)
I keep my Steeler stuff out all year long, have a Steeler "wall" at home and in my office at work, wear at least one Steeler item EVERY weekend of the year (hat, t-shirt, etc, unless I gotta dress up or something) and start growing, chopping and freezing my own jalepeno peppers starting in May for my Chicken/spinach/pepper/bean/cheese dip that I only make for Sundays during football season.

If I ever wonder if I'm overdoing it, I remember that there's a bears fan I pass on the way home who's always got their chicago banner (in the middle of podunk NC) flying from their front porch year round, and I have to give them props.

I just think that you just never know when you're gonna run into a member of the Nation and I'm happy to represent and make that connection year 'round.

So, for me, NFL football is 24/7/365... :D

sentinel33
09-01-2011, 12:02 PM
No offense taken.

To Each Their Own.

Your the dude I see comin' down the hall with the hat on and I'm the guy that see's you and, as we pass, says "Here We Go".

Like I said, I keep it to a low roar('til today). That's just a reflection of who I am as a person, I guess. Laid back.

That's funny. I have a bears fan here south of Baltimore, MD that flys his flag year round, too. Just down the street. I take my dog for a walk and go right past it. I appreciate that sort of allegiance.

Steelers>NFL
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
My Steelers stuff are always on display in the house, garage & the office at work.
But I do not start wearing the hats, shirts etc. until opening day. Once the season is over, then I do not wear the stuff in the offseason. Unless of course, if they win the SB, I wear the SB hat for a few weeks.

NC Steeler Fan
09-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Your the girl I see comin' down the hall with the hat on and I'm the guy that see's you and, as we pass, says "Here We Go".

Fixed that for ya! :wink:

fordfixer
09-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Why?

Dude, no offense, but I can't fathom doing anything different before, during or after football season.
8)
I keep my Steeler stuff out all year long, have a Steeler "wall" at home and in my office at work, wear at least one Steeler item EVERY weekend of the year (hat, t-shirt, etc, unless I gotta dress up or something) and start growing, chopping and freezing my own jalepeno peppers starting in May for my Chicken/spinach/pepper/bean/cheese dip that I only make for Sundays during football season.

If I ever wonder if I'm overdoing it, I remember that there's a bears fan I pass on the way home who's always got their chicago banner (in the middle of podunk NC) flying from their front porch year round, and I have to give them props.

I just think that you just never know when you're gonna run into a member of the Nation and I'm happy to represent and make that connection year 'round.

So, for me, NFL football is 24/7/365... :D
:Clap :Clap :Clap