PDA

View Full Version : Say What?!!

Dee Dub
08-31-2011, 02:10 PM
According to The Palm Beach Post, Aiello said that since no charges were filed in the incident, Marshall is not subject to discipline under the NFLís personal conduct policy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821d9866/article/dolphins-marshall-wont-be-disciplined-for-stabbing-incident?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Regardless of whether Marshall was the victim in this case or not, that comment by Aiello makes no sense in regards to what happened to Ben Roethlisberger. Correct me if I am wrong, no charges have ever been filed against Ben, and yet he was suspended under the NFL's conduct policy?? I dont get it.

insanesteelersfan
08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
No it does not make sense. But technically, the league would say that Ben had MULTIPLE acqusitions against him, and thats why he was suspended. But what is funny, is whether or not Marshall was charged this time, he HAS been arrested, and has pled guilty in past encounters of hitting his wife/girlfriend.
Oh but I guess the league forgot about those huh ? Or maybe Goodell just didn't want to have the " Black Coalition " of america on him for suspending a Black player :2c

That's my 2 cents!

flippy
08-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Maybe a little conspiracy, but I think Rooney wanted Ben suspended and that's what we got.

Goodell is a puppet for the owners. He says his job is to protect the shield of the NFL, but I think his real job is doing the dirty work of the owners and make them look good while he's the scape goat.

And it's worked brilliantly in the case of Ben. Fans hate/blame the commish and Rooney looks good. But I'm sure Goodell wouldn't have suspended Ben if Rooney didn't want that.

So we may not be seeing inconsistency here. Goodell does what the owners want. In Ben's case the owner wanted a suspension. In other cases the owner does not want a suspension.

Re: the fines for hits, that's a different story. I'm sure Rooney doesn't want Harrison getting fined and threatening quitting football and all. But the fines come down because they have to show concern for player health so they don't risk as big a class action suit by former players over the long run which could destroy the league. So the Rooney's are probably ok with the fines for the long term health of the business as are other owners.

insanesteelersfan
08-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Sorry Flippy but your response has no merit at all. Ben's suspension was
100 % ALL Roger Goodell. He was clearly responding to the political pressure from the so-called BLACK leaders like Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton. Both of whom were calling out Goodell after the stories came out regarding Ben, and after Goodell had already announced suspensions for Black players in Vick, Chris Henry, and Pac-Man Jones. This was NOT in any way shape or form from the Rooney's. The Rooney's have been some of the most INCONSISTENT ownership in the league when it comes to condemning their own players. There was never ANY proof of any crime by Ben, so why would the Rooney's want to suspend Ben when they let MULTIPLE offenses of Marijuna and Alcohol charges go by without any punishment from Ex-players like Marvell Smith ? Or the SAVAGE beating by James Harrison on the Mother of his child right in front of said child ?

These are not Allegations against those two,,,but CONFIRMED Acts, and convictions. And yet Dan Rooney or Art Jr, never did anything to them. But yet you want us to believe that Roger Goodell was never planning anything against Ben, but only suspended him after the Rooney's told him to ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who are you trying to kid son ? :roll:

Chavezz
08-31-2011, 03:47 PM
100 % ALL Roger Goodell. He was clearly responding to the political pressure from the so-called BLACK leaders like Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton. Both of whom were calling out Goodell after the stories came out regarding Ben, and after Goodell had already announced suspensions for Black players in Vick, Chris Henry, and Pac-Man Jones. This was NOT in any way shape or form from the Rooney's. The Rooney's have been some of the most INCONSISTENT ownership in the league when it comes to condemning their own players. There was never ANY proof of any crime by Ben, so why would the Rooney's want to suspend Ben when they let MULTIPLE offenses of Marijuna and Alcohol charges go by without any punishment from Ex-players like Marvell Smith ? Or the SAVAGE beating by James Harrison on the Mother of his child right in front of said child ?

These are not Allegations against those two,,,but CONFIRMED Acts, and convictions. And yet Dan Rooney or Art Jr, never did anything to them. But yet you want us to believe that Roger Goodell was never planning anything against Ben, but only suspended him after the Rooney's told him to ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with Flippy and have said the same thing previously.

feltdizz
08-31-2011, 03:47 PM
We all know why Ben was suspended and it has nothing to do with charges, arrest or convictions...

find me another 2 time SB winning QB with 2 allegations of sexual assault in one year and I'll show you a QB who is going to get suspended.

Ben is way more popular than Marshall, Marvel, etc...

He is the QB of a team who gets the biggest ratings of any TV program every year. Let it go... nothing Goodell or the Rooneys do will bring back those 4 games.

feltdizz
08-31-2011, 03:53 PM

yeah, Al and Jesse got Ben suspended... they also did a great job of making sure no other black player was suspended.

The fan base is probably more to blame than anyone else... we were outraged, frustrated and just plain tired of hearing about Ben and his sexual allegations AGAIN...

Some fans even wanted him traded so it makes sense that the Rooneys would want a quick suspension so they could move forward.

Everyone but a chosen few have moved on. Ben has moved on and even got hitched like people were suggesting given his age and run ins... Goodell moved on to the lockout...

Al even moved on and got him a show on MSNBC.

The quicker Steeler fans move on the happier they will be.

steelnavy
08-31-2011, 04:32 PM
Maybe a little conspiracy, but I think Rooney wanted Ben suspended and that's what we got.

Goodell is a puppet for the owners. He says his job is to protect the shield of the NFL, but I think his real job is doing the dirty work of the owners and make them look good while he's the scape goat.

And it's worked brilliantly in the case of Ben. Fans hate/blame the commish and Rooney looks good. But I'm sure Goodell wouldn't have suspended Ben if Rooney didn't want that.

So we may not be seeing inconsistency here. Goodell does what the owners want. In Ben's case the owner wanted a suspension. In other cases the owner does not want a suspension.

Re: the fines for hits, that's a different story. I'm sure Rooney doesn't want Harrison getting fined and threatening quitting football and all. But the fines come down because they have to show concern for player health so they don't risk as big a class action suit by former players over the long run which could destroy the league. So the Rooney's are probably ok with the fines for the long term health of the business as are other owners.

I agree with Flippy. The latest league non-punishments confirm it for me. Rooney wanted to scare Ben straight, and used Goodell to do the dirty work, and I don't blame him. An egostistical, immature qback is not what you want to build your team on. This brought Ben back down to earth and he is a better person for it. I feel much more confident in Ben since this experience. No way does Goodell treat EVERYBODY one way and Ben another. That just doesn't make any sense.

As for the late hit non calls on Ben, I have no idea...

flippy
08-31-2011, 06:10 PM

I don't buy that racism has any influence over Goodell whatsoever. The NFL generates billions of dollars annually. Finances drove the decision, not race.

Goodell works for the Rooneys and Kraft and Jones and Snyder and a bunch of billionaires. And he does exactly what they want. As he should.

Think about it this way, if the owners hated Goodell like everyone else does, they'd replace him. But they haven't. He's perfect. He is the shield of the NFL as far as the owners are concerned. He does exactly what they want and he gets all the bullets instead of them.

You have a unique style of posting, insane. A mix of random all caps WORDs. A dash of knowledge. A scoop of insecurity. A sprinkle of bravado. A touch of frustration. And a whole lot of insanity ;)

Whatever may be going on in your personal life, just remember it's all ok. And you can choose anything you want for yourself in this very moment. And I truly wish good things for you, pal. If I'm misreading that, sorry. When I read your posts I can't tell if you're just being silly sometimes or if something's not ok?

Maybe you're just extra bummed we lost the SuperBowl? No worries, we'll get the next one :)

flippy
08-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Wasn't Ruthless talking about some other poster that sprinkled lots of words with ALL CAPs throughout his posts?

Maybe insane and that guy are twins :)

D Rock
08-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Wasn't Ruthless talking about some other poster that sprinkled lots of words with ALL CAPs throughout his posts?

Maybe insane and that guy are twins :)

I don't know, but he sure reminds me of, I think, Steel Czar.

It's mostly the misuse of ,,, in place of ... but the caps thing could be true also.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-31-2011, 07:44 PM

As have I.

DukieBoy
08-31-2011, 09:14 PM

As have I.

Reads like the insane one was right there when it all went down, in his own mind. It is plausible to me that Rooney was part of motivating the suspension, in an effort to salvage some credibility for the organization in the public eye. Didn't Rooney come out in support of the suspension after Goodell decreed it?

Northern_Blitz
08-31-2011, 09:29 PM

+1 There were stories that the team was going to suspend him, but wanted more than the max 4 games they could give him. So, they went to the Commish.

After 1 year, Ben seems to have been "Scared straight" but time will tell.

Djfan
09-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I think goodell and Jerry Springer are the same guy.

hawaiiansteel
09-01-2011, 12:40 AM
I think goodell and Jerry Springer are the same guy.

nah, Jerry Springer would let 'em play...

http://www.dubster.com/p/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/springer22.jpghttp://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com/media/2010/07/springer2-1278442166.jpghttp://www.mynewmovies.net/images/2010/12/jerry-springer-show.jpghttp://media.egotvonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jerry-springer.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2011, 10:07 AM
You have a unique style of posting, insane. A mix of random all caps WORDs. A dash of knowledge. A scoop of insecurity. A sprinkle of bravado. A touch of frustration. And a whole lot of insanity ;)

Whatever may be going on in your personal life, just remember it's all ok. And you can choose anything you want for yourself in this very moment. And I truly wish good things for you, pal. If I'm misreading that, sorry. When I read your posts I can't tell if you're just being silly sometimes or if something's not ok?

Maybe you're just extra bummed we lost the SuperBowl? No worries, we'll get the next one :)

I wonder if Flippy Freud has a detailed psychoanalysis of each of us based on our own unique posting styles... :mrgreen:

Djfan
09-01-2011, 10:33 AM

I wonder if Flippy Freud has a detailed psychoanalysis of each of us based on our own unique posting styles... :mrgreen:

For $29.95 you can get yours!

flippy
09-01-2011, 10:58 AM

I think it was your fault I started seeing the all CAPs usage in posts. :)

Ruthless is the Marc Andre Fluery of posters. Nothing gets past him when he's on!!!!

Although you're probably on more often than Flower is. Cause you don't give up all those darn second chances that drive me nuts on occasion. ;)

flippy
09-01-2011, 11:02 AM

That was the groupon special just for you DJ.

I'm like the comedian that was on Jay Leno last night analyzing people's dreams. He was pretending to know what he was talking about and people were buying into what he was saying, but he had no clue what he was talking about.

Clueless goofball about sums me up perfectly. :)

Djfan
09-01-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm like the comedian that was on Jay Leno last night analyzing people's dreams. He was pretending to know what he was talking about and people were buying into what he was saying, but he had no clue what he was talking about.

Who cares! At $29.95 (if the special holds up longer) you could be richer than Vince from Shamwow. Nothing goof-bally about that!

flippy
09-01-2011, 11:21 AM

Who cares! At $29.95 (if the special holds up longer) you could be richer than Vince from Shamwow. Nothing goof-bally about that!

Isn't the Shamwow guy dead?

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Isn't the Shamwow guy dead?

Naw...he's infamous for beating up a prostitute.

It's Billy Mays who died.

DukieBoy
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Shamwow needs an entry in this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnqtGjHJjs8

NorthCoast
09-01-2011, 07:24 PM

I agree flippy. Ben's suspension wreaks of Rooney assent and probably at Rooney's behest. Too many instances of no action for much more aggregious behavior has occurred since then with no Goodell action whatsoever.

Captain Lemming
09-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Flippy is right and insane is...well....insane.

Rooney said he wanted Ben suspended
Rooney met with Goodell before the suspension and said Goodell would make the decision.
Rooney gave his full support to the decision when it happened

Rooney got what he wanted. A more disciplined QB.

Frankly, I will never understand why some fans are upset.

Ben is a target for these allegations now. Every new girl who claim rape will be more believable, because of smoke/fire thinking.

I am glad the is not getting drunk and putting himself in bad situations with strange chicks anymore.

Thank you Rooney!!!