PDA

View Full Version : Andre Gurode released

steelblood
08-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Made the pro bowl the last 5 years. Coming off offseason knee surgery, the Cowboys have decided to go with Costa (2nd years guy) who has played well and is much cheaper.

It is really a pipe dream, but I think Gurode could be an all-pro RG. He has enough size to make the move at about 6'4 330 pounds. He could upgrade either guard position easily. I'd be happy to cut Kemo to get him in here on a one year contract. I'd at least call the guy. Our guard play has been uninspiring. They liked Hills play so much that they have now named Legursky the starter there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... ys-garrett (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-garrett)

RuthlessBurgher
08-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Then Gurode and Kemoeatu could have an epic head-stompin' contest!

hawaiiansteel
08-30-2011, 04:28 PM
heard Gurode is visiting the Seahawks today, he won't be out of a job for long.

phillyesq
08-30-2011, 04:33 PM
I remember wanting either Gurode or Fonoti in the 2002 draft, and ending up surprised with the Simmons pick. Splitting the difference, Simmons was better than Fonoti, who was, literally and figuratively, a huge bust, but not up there with Gurode.

Picking up a castoff from the Cowboys offensive line worked well last year, and while I think Gurode would be an upgrade over the RG candidates, I'd be surprised to see it happen.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM
I remember wanting either Gurode or Fonoti in the 2002 draft, and ending up surprised with the Simmons pick. Splitting the difference, Simmons was better than Fonoti, who was, literally and figuratively, a huge bust, but not up there with Gurode.

Picking up a castoff from the Cowboys offensive line worked well last year, and while I think Gurode would be an upgrade over the RG candidates, I'd be surprised to see it happen.

Bring in Flozell and let him play RG.

costanza2k1
08-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Rumor has it his knees are shot...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Whatever happened to the good old days of "Can he play Center" jokes?

That is so far gone that even when a PB Center is available nobody asks. :lol: :lol:

Thank you Maurkice Pouncey for finally making us forget the Justin Hartwig era.

RuthlessBurgher
08-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Whatever happened to the good old days of "Can he play Center" jokes?

That is so far gone that even when a PB Center is available nobody asks. :lol: :lol:

Thank you Maurkice Pouncey for finally making us forget the Justin Hartwig era.

Sean Mahan is now upset that you left him out when you named that horrible bygone era.

flippy
08-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Can he play CB?

hawaiiansteel
08-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Can he play CB?

:D :D
that's funny flippy, you beat me to it... :Cheers

Djfan
09-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Can he play CB?

:D :D