@CIN W
Bye
@KC W
CIN W
CLE W
@SF W
STL W
@CLE W

Honestly, I can see a 13-3 season being reasonable. Of course, we all remember the '09 season where 13-3 was a virtual lock. :x

steelnavy
08-29-2011, 08:41 PM
When is the last time that we won a game in the Chiefs house? I can ony recall losses. And I also recall that we seem to ALWAYS play there. They have one loud stadium that always seems to give the Steelers fits.

JTP53609
08-29-2011, 09:06 PM
When is the last time that we won a game in the Chiefs house? I can ony recall losses. And I also recall that we seem to ALWAYS play there. They have one loud stadium that always seems to give the Steelers fits.

Good point SteelNavy, in the mid to late 90's I remember we seemed to play them there every year on MNF, I recall us winning 2 MNF games there and I remember our last win there was in 2001. We lost in 03 and 09 there the last 2 times we played though.

I see us going 12-4, that seems to be a good record the last 2 times we have done it..(super bowls)

AkronSteel
08-29-2011, 09:58 PM
I know one thing! If we get to mid-November and have a decent record the team is going to be a high seed in the AFC. The end of the year schedule looks like it could seriously be a cakewalk. I know that it doesn't always end up that way but Cleveland twice, San Francisco, and St. Louis at home are almost gimme's. Cincy is sprinkled in there too. The Bengals, Browns, and 49ers look to be some of the worst teams in the league. I say 12-4/13-3 is reasonable. I would take 11-5 though. Win the division and get a home game in the playoffs. That's the goal right now and then see what happens from there. I'm scared that the team may be able to relax too much late in the year!

Discipline of Steel
08-29-2011, 10:07 PM
I wouldnt say NE is a guaranteed loss! Never back down! Crush your enemies!!! :tt1

DukieBoy
08-29-2011, 10:12 PM
12 - 4, barring major injury to Ben

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
08-30-2011, 02:25 AM
12 - 4, barring major injury to Ben

11-5

I think alot of teams are going to abandon the run when they play us.

hawaiiansteel
08-30-2011, 03:01 AM
11-5: :tt2

@BAL L
SEA W
@IND L
@HOU L
TEN W
JAC W
@AZ W
NE L
BAL W
@CIN W
Bye
@KC L
CIN W
CLE W
@SF W
STL W
@CLE W

NottinghamForest_UK
08-30-2011, 05:03 AM
12 - 4

Losses

x2 Rat Birds
Colts & Pats

rpmpit
08-30-2011, 07:02 AM
We're gonna spank the Pats. Mark it down!!! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

steelblood
08-30-2011, 07:32 AM
11-5

flippy
08-30-2011, 08:27 AM
16-0 barring any unseen circumstances.

Oviedo
08-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Steelers 12-4
Ravens 10-6
Browns 8-8--the surprise team of the year and we will come to hate playing Colt McCoy
Bumgals 4-12

It all depends on Ben's health.

feltdizz
08-30-2011, 11:14 AM
@BAL W
SEA W
@IND L
@HOU w
TEN W
JAC W
@AZ W
NE L
BAL W
@CIN W
Bye
@KC
CIN W
CLE W
@SF W
STL W
@CLE W

14-2...

I know we will lose 2 more winnable games but looking at the schedule I can't call them.

Probably 1 Baltimore game but I don't think they are as good as usual.

sentinel33
08-30-2011, 11:23 AM
I think we run the table.

costanza2k1
08-30-2011, 11:34 AM
@BAL W
SEA W
@IND L
@HOU W
TEN W
JAC W
@AZ W
NE L
BAL L
@CIN W
Bye
@KC W
CIN W
CLE W
@SF W
STL W
@CLE W

13-3

Steelers>NFL
08-30-2011, 11:54 AM
11-5. This is my prediction every year.

Eich
08-30-2011, 12:52 PM
My first gut-feel is 11-5 and in the playoffs. Anything less than that would be a major disappointment for this group.

papillon
08-30-2011, 02:04 PM

@BAL L
SEA W
@IND L
@HOU L
TEN W
JAC W
@AZ W
NE L
BAL W
@CIN W
Bye
@KC L
CIN W
CLE W
@SF W
STL W
@CLE W

If the Steelers lose those 5 games they don't belong in the playoffs. Each of them is a playoff team and if you're going to be the best, you have to beat the best. I'd be sick if the Steelers feast on the weak and get owned by the strong.

at Baltimore W-Flacco just can't beat Ben
Seattle W-No Hasselback
at Indianapolis W-They just aren't that good
at Houston L-Shaub and Johnson
Tennessee W-Hasselback and Johnson (id he's signed), but nothing else
Jacksonville W-Just because the Steelers are better
at Arizona L-Whiz's Super Bowl
New England W-This is the one that forces people to take notice
Baltimore W-See week one, we have Ben
at Cincinnati W-No Carson, no Stinko and no Housh
Bye
at Kansas City W- I don't believe they are as good as some think
Cincinnati W-No Carson, no Stinko and no Housh
Cleveland W-Close one, but a win
at San Francisco W-Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, really?
Saint Louis W-Bradford is improving, but not enough
at Cleveland L-Division is wrapped up, players getting healthy

13-3 and Super Bowl quality

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
08-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Steel City likely won't experience Super Bowl loss hangover

Fearless Forecasts:

Jason La Canfora
Forget the Super Bowl losing hangover -- Big Ben primed for a massive season and the age on defense won't catch up to them this season.
Prediction: 12-4, first in AFC North

Steve Wyche
The defense is going to be just fine. All this talk of them getting old is crazy. They're got some solid young depth at most spots. Offensively, this is a big-play team and Mike Wallace could be on the verge of a Pro Bowl appearance.
Prediction: 11-5, first in AFC North

Pat Kirwan
They looked great at camp and now have Roethlisberger for all 16 games this year.
Prediction: 11-5, first in AFC North

Bucky Brooks
The Steelers are poised to bounce back from their Super Bowl disappointment behind a suffocating defense led by Troy Polamalu and James Harrison.

Elliot Harrison
I worry about the defense's age ... I worry about Hines Ward's complete lack of separation from defenders ... I worry about Rashard Mendenhall's head being on straight ... and yet, I see this veteran squad going 11-5 with its quarterback in tow for 16 games.

How many wins will the Steelers have in 2011?

1%
0-4

1%
5-8

18%
9-11

79%
12 or more

TOTAL VOTES: 1838

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/09000d ... s-hangover (http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/09000d5d821c073b/article/steel-city-likely-wont-experience-super-bowl-loss-hangover)

MaxAMillion
08-31-2011, 10:59 PM
I predict a 9-7 record. Ben won't stay healthy for 16 weeks behind this garbage OL. Steelers won't run the ball any better than last year either. The Steelers actually need Ben to suffer a significant injury so that the crap OL can finally get addressed with top draft choices and Free Agency.

The Steelers should consider actually having a OL and offense that can keep the defense off the field sometimes.

Djfan
09-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Twelve and four.

This team will beat the cheaters, and the Rats (at least once), but will hold to tradition by losing a couple of head scratchers.

hawaiiansteel
09-01-2011, 02:14 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers

Wednesday August 31, 2011
by Don Banks > INSIDE THE NFL

What the Steelers do best: Crank out the sacks.

Pittsburgh led the NFL in sacks last season with 48, and we know what havoc they can wreak when an opponent has matchup problems with all-world outside linebackers James Harrison (team-best 10 sacks in 2010) and LaMarr Woodley (10 sacks). The duo have combined for 71 sacks in the past three seasons, and they're the engine that drives a Pittsburgh defense that is still dominant despite starting to show signs of age here and there. The only real trouble the Steelers defense had last year came against elite quarterbacks like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers, who are adept at spreading the field and finding receivers before the Pittsburgh pass rush can take its toll.

What the Steelers need to improve: Their coverage issues in the secondary.

Pittsburgh had little choice but to prioritize the re-signing of veteran cornerback Ike Taylor in free agency, because he's the team's best cover man and the eight-year veteran plays a valuable role in D!ck LeBeau's defense, regularly drawing an opponent's No. 1 receiver. But getting Taylor back doesn't really fix what was the Steelers' defensive weakness last season, a 12th-ranked pass defense that got exposed by the Packers in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers hope that 2009 third-round pick Keenan Lewis is ready to take a second-year step up the depth chart and replace the mediocre Bryant McFadden at the corner opposite Taylor, but we'll see if a Week 3 preseason knee injury impacts his candidacy. Safety Troy Polamalu still makes huge plays that help win games, but even the NFL's reigning Defensive Player of the Year didn't look like himself in the postseason, when his health issues seemed to render him a step slow.

Which Steeler needs to step up: Center Maurkice Pouncey.

Maybe it'd be more accurate if I tabbed Pouncey as the player the Steelers need to keep upright, as in healthy and in the lineup. The first-round center from the University of Florida was superb as a rookie last season, making the Pro Bowl and adding stability to a Steelers offensive line that struggled mightily with injuries all year. But then Pouncey went down with an ankle injury against the Jets in the AFC title game, and had to sit out the Super Bowl.

Pouncey hurt the same ankle in a win over the Falcons Saturday night, and the Steelers simply can't afford him missing significant time this season. Backup center Doug Legursky is serviceable, but he's no Pouncey, and the Steelers power running game and pass protection would suffer without the offensive line's best player and natural leader.

Predicted record: 10-6.

The Steelers are well aware they haven't made the playoffs the next season after their two most recent Super Bowl trips (in 2006 and 2009), and in another statistic that could apply to them this year, seven of the past 10 Super Bowl losers haven't made a return trip to the postseason. But with a defense that returns intact, and plenty of playmakers surrounding quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on offense, the Steelers will once again slug it out with Baltimore for division supremacy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1Wfemlaqp (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/08/30/afc.north.preview/index.html#ixzz1Wfemlaqp)

frankthetank1
09-01-2011, 08:12 AM
@BAL W
SEA W
@IND W
@HOU W
TEN W
JAC W
@AZ W
NE L
BAL L
@CIN W
Bye
@KC L
CIN W
CLE W
@SF W
STL W
@CLE W

i think they will go 13-3. all in all their schedule isnt too tough but im sure they will lose a game or two that i dont see happening now. even though the afc north is pretty weak i would be very happy if they only lost one division game. it sucks after week one the steelers or ravens will be 0-1

Oviedo
09-01-2011, 09:04 AM
I predict a 9-7 record. Ben won't stay healthy for 16 weeks behind this garbage OL. Steelers won't run the ball any better than last year either. The Steelers actually need Ben to suffer a significant injury so that the crap OL can finally get addressed with top draft choices and Free Agency.

The Steelers should consider actually having a OL and offense that can keep the defense off the field sometimes.

IMO we will have many more issues with our crap secondary than we do with our crap OL. Our secondary will always keep opponents in the game.

If anything, the offense will carry the team this year because they will have to score lots of points because the secondary will give up lots of them.

feltdizz
09-01-2011, 10:37 AM

IMO we will have many more issues with our crap secondary than we do with our crap OL. Our secondary will always keep opponents in the game.

If anything, the offense will carry the team this year because they will have to score lots of points because the secondary will give up lots of them.

LOL... you guys are a trip.

we give up yards between the 20's... we don't give up a ton of points.

Shoe
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Good point SteelNavy, in the mid to late 90's I remember we seemed to play them there every year on MNF, I recall us winning 2 MNF games there and I remember our last win there was in 2001. We lost in 03 and 09 there the last 2 times we played though.

I see us going 12-4, that seems to be a good record the last 2 times we have done it..(super bowls)

Haha. I was gonna say the same thing! We used to own the Chiefs when they were good in the mid 90's. Adrian Cooper used to own Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas in the run game.

Djfan
09-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Anyone who thinks the colts beat us is crazy IMO. That team has a wounded chief, and not much else.

fordfixer
09-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Season preview: 2011 Steelers

By Pete Prisco
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Sep. 1, 2011
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1551 ... 1-steelers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15511246/season-preview-2011-steelers)

Offense: The Steelers made it through some shaky times on this side of the ball early last season while Ben Roethlisberger served his four-game suspension. When he returned, he didn't show any signs of rust. He appeared calmer, more mature. The passing game should be even better as Mike Wallace continues to grow as a deep threat and other young receivers, including Antonio Brown, improve as well. Rashard Mendenhall keys the run game. He is a tough, powerful runner who is perfect for what the Steelers do. The offensive line always seems to be in flux. The Steelers have trouble at left tackle, but don't they always? Having a mobile player like Roethlisberger helps cover up the limitations of the line. Tight end Heath Miller is a great blocker and a good receiver.
2011 NFL kickoff

Defense: The Steelers are all about defense. It's their calling card. They play a nasty, physical style led by outside rushers James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley. As they go, so goes the defense. They are both outstanding rush players. Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons is a rising star. He has the speed to chase down a lot of runners and excel in coverage. The front has some age that is becoming a concern, but young players like Ziggy Hood and rookie Cameron Heyward will help offset that. Nose tackle Casey Hampton remains a force against the run. The secondary isn't great at corner, but they did re-sign Ike Taylor, who played well last season. Safety Troy Polamalu was the Defensive Player of the Year in 2010, but he has to stay on the field. He misses too many games. He also isn't great in coverage. As a unit, there is a nice mix of young and old talent.

Coaching and schemes: Mike Tomlin took over the Steelers four seasons ago and has taken them to two Super Bowls and three AFC title games. He has the right rapport with his players, who seem to respect and like him. He also does a great job delegating. Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau is one of the best ever. His 3-4 schemes are the model for the rest of the league. Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians took some heat a few years ago, but he seems to have won over the fans and has done a good job of making the Steelers a better passing team.

Outlook: With Roethlisberger back to open the season, it's hard to imagine the Steelers not being in the Super mix again. There is a lot of young talent that is playing more and more as the team transitions at key spots, and that's not a bad thing. The defense will once again be among the best in the NFL.

Predicted finish: 11-5, first in AFC North.

RuthlessBurgher
09-03-2011, 01:21 PM

@BAL L
SEA W
@IND L
@HOU L
TEN W
JAC W
@AZ W
NE L
BAL W
@CIN W
Bye
@KC L
CIN W
CLE W
@SF W
STL W
@CLE W

Just imagine the headlines if we open the season 1-3 with Roethlisberger a year after opening the season 3-1 without Roethlisberger.

grotonsteel
09-04-2011, 06:52 AM
12-4

Losses to

Colts: manning will exploit Steelers weakness
NE:Marsha will throw 50 times
Stains: Colt McCoy and their West Coast Offense will be the reason
Cardinals: Pittsburgh West SuperBowl

AngryAsian
09-04-2011, 01:11 PM
13-3