PDA

View Full Version : Planet Steelers Fantasy Football League - Draft Review

D Rock
08-28-2011, 06:27 PM
post your teams for all to mock!

Rosters hold 20, starters are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 flex IDP, 1 LB, 1 DL, 1 DB

D Rock
08-28-2011, 06:31 PM
QB: Matt Ryan, Matt Cassel
RB: MJD, Felix Jones, Benson, and Ronnie Brown
WR: Bowe, Colston, Harvin, and Mike Thomas
TE: Pettigrew and Rob Gronkowski

K: Alex Henery
DEF: Green Bay and Seattle

LB: Jerod Mayo, Barrett Ruud
DB: Quentin Mikell, Charles Woodson
DL: Ndamukong Suh

Chadman
08-28-2011, 06:46 PM
QB- Ben Roethlisberger, Jay Cutler
RB- LeSean McCoy, Steven Jackson, Beanie Wells, Danny Woodhead, Darren Sproles
WR- Anquan Boldin, Jeremy Maclin, Braylon Edwards, Devin Hester
TE- Aaron Hernandez, Todd Heap
K- Adam Vinatieri
DEF- Philadelphia
LB- LaMarr Woodley, Lawrence Timmons
DL- Mario Williams
DB- Donte Whitner, Leodis McKelvin

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-28-2011, 08:10 PM
QB: Brady, Orton
RB: Charles, Law Firm, Fred Jackson, Redman
WR: Jennings, Marshall, Julio Jones, Burleson
TE: Gonzales, Lewis
K: Janikowski
D: The one and only
DT: Tuck, Cole, Osi
LB: Silverback
DB: Eric Berry, Michael Griffin

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-28-2011, 08:22 PM
K- Adam Vinatieri
DEF- Philadelphia
DL- Mario Williams

Not bad for an absentee draft Chadman. See you week 1

D Rock
08-28-2011, 08:28 PM
QB: Brady, Orton
RB: Charles, Law Firm, Fred Jackson, Redman
WR: Jennings, Marshall, Julio Jones, Burleson
TE: Gonzales, Lewis
K: Janikowski
D: The one and only
DT: Tuck, Cole, Osi
LB: Silverback
DB: Eric Berry, Michael Griffin

I think this is the strongest team in the league.

JAR
08-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Not too bad for auto draft...

QB-Rivers, Garrard
RB, Shonn Green, Michael Turner, Marion Barber, Rashad Jennings, Daniel Thomas
WR- OchoStinko, Collie, Jordy Nelson, Earl Bennett
TE- Gates, Cooley
K- Kaeding
DEF- Chi, NYG
Revis, Crocker, Ray Lewis, Luis Castillo

Chadman
08-28-2011, 08:34 PM
I specifically wanted to get a better RB platoon this year after having nothing but headaches last season after putting all my eggs in the Pierre Thomas basket (THAT...didn't work well).

I also wanted to make sure my RB's were either not handcuffed to a similarly talented #2 RB (Wells) or are both running & recieving threats (McCoy, Jackson, Sproles & Woodhead). I think I got a good mix there- should have suitable starters every week.

I also targeted QB's in pass-heavy offences- now that the Steelers pass first, Ben made sense. He also has a great array of weapons at his disposal this year- SHOULD be a good season for him. Cutler is in a Mike Martz offense- that's designed for FF. As my #2 QB, I'm comfortable with Cutler. Hell- he could start if the match-ups work well.

My top 2 WR's are good (Maclin/Boldin) but come with questions- Boldin was not as good as advertised last season, and Maclin is fighting some weird illness. I expect Boldin to produce near 1000 yards again, and hopefully Maclin will go over 800 + 7-10 TD's. My back-up WR's are hit & miss- Braylon Edwards 'could' be a good #3, but the 49ers have the potential to be terrible this season. Devin Hester could go alright in the Martz spread offense....but you can't guarentee that. Still, he gets his return yardage added, which is a bonus.

TE's- I've gone with 2 'potential' guys in Hernandez (almost a WR for the Pats) & Heap (Ok- realistically, not 'potential', but the Cards offense is 'potential' & Heap should be target #2 or #3 at worst to Kolb). TE's don't tend to put up amazing FF numbers, so a combination of TD's & catches between the 2 will suffice.

The Eagles D should be strong, plenty of big play ability in that group. My 2 LB's- the Steelers Bruise Brothers in Timmons & Woodley, should produce good FF numbers. I specifically targeted a SS at DB (Whitner) as they will have plenty of tackles to their name. McKelvin as the back-up DB is...ok I guess. Mario Williams is a good, safe prospect at DL.

I can't see how the Championship won't be coming Down Under this season as the Kangaroos reign supreme once more.

Chadman
08-28-2011, 08:38 PM
K- Adam Vinatieri
DEF- Philadelphia
DL- Mario Williams

Not bad for an absentee draft Chadman. See you week 1

Thanks mate- plenty of time spent on the pre-draft order & got pretty close to how I wanted it- put it this way, if I'd been online at 5 in the morning- I may not have drafted too much different to what we see here.

Week 1...good showdown!

Steelgal
08-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm in Jooser's league. here's my auto-draft results

QB - Brady, Cutler
RB - Peterson, Best, Morehead
WR - Wallace, Dez Bryant, Colston, Mike thomas, donald Driver
TE - Owen daniels, Shianco
DEF - Chicago, San Fran
K - Keading, Folk
D players - Kerry Rhodes, Jonathon Joseph, Luis Castillo, & Matt Roth

Pretty happy with offensive players, not so happy with defensive.

D Rock
08-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm in Jooser's league. here's my auto-draft results

QB - Brady, Cutler
RB - Peterson, Best, Morehead
WR - Wallace, Dez Bryant, Colston, Mike thomas, donald Driver
TE - Owen daniels, Shianco
DEF - Chicago, San Fran
K - Keading, Folk
D players - Kerry Rhodes, Jonathon Joseph, Luis Castillo, & Matt Roth

Pretty happy with offensive players, not so happy with defensive.

Looks like you still got a top QB while taking Peterson. Well done.

QBs lasted surprisingly long in our draft. Considering they are the most reliable point scorers in this format, I was surprised they weren't targeted more early.

Iron Shiek
08-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Umm, you misspoke when you said that a previous team was the best one (maybe that was posted to date). But this one here is money:

QB: Vick / Bradford
RB: Deangelo Williams / Jahvid Best / Ryan Matthews/ Spiller / Jerome Harrison / Javon Ringer
WR: Roddy White / Sanonio / Sims-Walker / Knox / Meachem
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Bryant
Def: Lions
IDPs: Derrick Johnson, Troy is my DB, James Hall DE for Rams, James Anderson CAR LB

D Rock
08-28-2011, 09:34 PM

Having the last pick in the draft was a new situation for me. I decided to use the Steelers model to drafting, since it has always worked so well for them. I set a big board and a value to both players and positions, and I stuck to it no matter what was happening with other people's selections.

This is a QB league. The top RBs do great, but QBs dominate the top of the scoring at year end. With that in mind, I set my sights there first, even though I figured most others would be going RB as is standard FF practice. Aaron Rodgers was my clear #1 and Vick was the wild card. When both were gone, along with the top 9 RBs on my list, I made the gut call and took Matt Ryan. Teams don't throw 42 times in a preseason half and give up 2 firsts, a second, and a fourth to get Julio Jones and then not plan on using him. A LOT. That said, if I had known that Peyton Manning, Romo, and Schaub could be had at the end of the 3rd, I very likely would have gone a different route with picks 12 and 13 and snatched up a sure-bet top WR or a very legit set of 2 RBs.

From there I clearly had to take a RB at #13, and MJD was a great option. In 2009 he was a top 4 overall scorer. If Jax goes with Gabbert at some point this year, MJD will get a lot of carries. I'm very happy with this selection as the 10th RB overall.

Then it got tough, having to wait another 23 picks before I got another guy. Tons of talent was snatched up here, and left me with tough choices. I tried to mix it up with proven guys in big offenses (Marques Colston), upside guys getting the lions share of carries (Felix Jones), and dudes that I'm just flat out hoping repeat somewhat of what they did last year (Dwayne Bowe).

I was glad to get Benson in the 6th, since he is the clear cut starter in Cinci, and they wont be able to throw much there, but I don't expect him to have a particularly great year. Gates and Finley were the targets here, but they didn't even get close.

In the end, we will just have to see how it unfolds. As always, injuries (and replacing them on a weekly basis) more than drafting determines how the year will go. I feel solid top to bottom though.

D Rock
08-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Umm, you misspoke when you said that a previous team was the best one (maybe that was posted to date). But this one here is money:

RB: Deangelo Williams / Jahvid Best / Ryan Matthews/ Spiller / Jerome Harrison / Javon Ringer
IDPs: Derrick Johnson, Troy is my DB, James Hall DE for Rams, James Anderson CAR LB

RB: Deangelo Williams (splits carries, possible 3 ways with Goodson as 3rd down back) / Jahvid Best (Unknown, and unlikely to take a very heavy workload)/ Ryan Matthews (Will lose just about all goal-line carries to Tolbert)/ Spiller (Fred Jackson is the #1, Spiller can just hope for scraps at this point) / Jerome Harrison (good addition to Best, possibly great if one gets hurt, but if both stay healthy then all you have is two mediocre RBs)/ Javon Ringer (I know CJ is unhappy, but he's still CJ and will still get all the carries)

Besides that I agree...great team! I think your QB, WR, and TE spots are definitely well represented.

:tt2

Chadman
08-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Geez, picking up MJD where you did is potentially a draft steal. Matt Ryan should put up plenty of points for you too, as should Felix Jones. Your WR's are strong, if not spectacular- kinda like mine only a bit better. TE's are strong. Mayo was on my list (after Timmons though) & Suh should get a few points.

Not convinced about Benson & Brown, but if your #3 & #4 RB's are your biggest questions, I reckon you are doing alright.

I think this might be about as solid a FF draft as you'll find, personally.

Chadman
08-28-2011, 10:47 PM

Vick 'should' do good. Probably will, really...but...there's always that doubt. Of course, if he's on- he'll be the FF God. Your RB's will all be splitting time, which is about normal in today's NFL- but they all seem to be the 50-50 split types, which might leave your fantasy stats a bit wishy-washy. That said, there is potential that Williams, Best & Matthews might be FF studs if the chips fall their way. Roddy White might be your most solid performer- should put up good points every week. Santonio will be good for you....down the stretch. But he's not an 'early season' guy. Knox could be a knock-out pick if Martz' system gets going. Meachem......I think the Saints WR's (and RB's) are a FF myth- they spread the ball around too much for anyone to be a 'solid' pick. Your D players look good & I think the Lions are under rated as a defense & should score well.

Not the worst group I've seen- put it that way.

Chadman
08-28-2011, 10:51 PM

QB-Rivers, Garrard
TE- Gates, Cooley
K- Kaeding
DEF- Chi, NYG

Rivers will get you a heap of points. Green & Turner are very good bell-cow types & as long as they get the TD's, will get you some good FF results. Not sure about your WR's...looks a little thin- although I expect Ocho will have a pretty good year. Collie is dinged, Payton is dinged, & Dallas Clark returns- not a good combo for Collie's success. Gates & Cooley are great- pity you can't start 2 TE's per game. Not much wrong with your D players either.

AngryAsian
08-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Excuse me, Championship Team coming through....

QBs- Aaron Rodgers, Colt McCoy (not like I'm ever going to not start Rodgers, except week 8 when McCoy goes against last year's 26th rated pass defense in the 49ers)

RBs- Frank Gore, Tim Hightower, Pierre Thomas and James Starks

WR- Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Malcom Floyd, Pierre Garcon, Jacoby Jones (Week 6 when my three main studs will all be on bye's might kill me, but Manning should be back in the lineup for Indy and they play Cinci in week 6 so anticipate Garcon to have a monstrous afternoon)

TEs- Jason Witten, Justin Kellar (money)

K- David Akers (2nd in the league last year)

DEF- San Diego (serviceable but not top tier)

DL- Robert Mathis

LBs- Stephen Tulloch, DeMarcus Ware (number 2 in tackles, and Ware number 1 in sacks last year)

DBs- Devin McCourty, DeAngelo Hall (numbers 2 and 5 among DB's last year in INTs)

Chadman
08-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Hard to find much fault with that group AA.

Looks to me like we refined our FF drafting from last year a bit & everyone has gotten a bit better at it....

It would seem that we have a very even FF comp coming our way.

AngryAsian
08-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Hard to find much fault with that group AA.

Looks to me like we refined our FF drafting from last year a bit & everyone has gotten a bit better at it....

It would seem that we have a very even FF comp coming our way.

We most certainly will be beating each other up all season, is my feeling. I looked at everybody's roster and it seems regardless of auto-draft or self-draft we are all pretty evenly matched up. Looking forward to it.

Tomlinator
08-28-2011, 11:28 PM
This is what I have to go to battle with. I had the second pick and its unusual for me to be that high. Thats a loooonnngggg stretch between picks.

QB: Eli Manning, Mark Sanchez
RB: Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Knowshon Moreno, Thomas Jones
WR: DeShawn Jackson, Dez Bryant, Eddie Royal, Cotchery
TE: Winslow, Heath Miller

K: Crosby, Josh Brown
DEF: New Orleans and Atlanta

LB: Tamba Hali
DB: Grimes, Tramon Williams
DL: John Abraham

D Rock
08-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Excuse me, Championship Team coming through....
QBs- Aaron Rodgers, Colt McCoy (not like I'm ever going to not start Rodgers, except week 8 when McCoy goes against last year's 26th rated pass defense in the 49ers)
RBs- Frank Gore, Tim Hightower, Pierre Thomas and James Starks
WR- Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Malcom Floyd, Pierre Garcon, Jacoby Jones (Week 6 when my three main studs will all be on bye's might kill me, but Manning should be back in the lineup for Indy and they play Cinci in week 6 so anticipate Garcon to have a monstrous afternoon)
TEs- Jason Witten, Justin Kellar (money)
K- David Akers (2nd in the league last year)
DEF- San Diego (serviceable but not top tier)
DL- Robert Mathis
LBs- Stephen Tulloch, DeMarcus Ware (number 2 in tackles, and Ware number 1 in sacks last year)
DBs- Devin McCourty, DeAngelo Hall (numbers 2 and 5 among DB's last year in INTs)

You've got my #1 overall at QB, no complaints there.

RB could be thin. Gore hasn't been as reliable the last couple years, I'd love him as a RB2 but not so much a RB1. Ditto for Hightower...RB3 yes, RB2 ehhh maybe. Shanahan loves to get rushing yards but really doesn't have any rhyme or reason about who gets them. If he is the full time guy though, I look for a big season from him.

Jackson and Lloyd are a solid 1-2, but the depth could be troublesome if one of those guys goes down. Your backups are all in passing offenses, but not exactly stars in them. Its certainly a workable situation.

You nailed it with the TEs.

Your IDPs are big name guys, but tackles are the name of this game. Tulloch had a lot yes, but he is gone to a new team. In his place now is Barrett Ruud, who just so happened to have a ton of tackles on his old team as well. He also just so happens to be on my roster. :D

If the RBs work out for you, this is a very dangerous squad.

D Rock
08-29-2011, 08:22 AM

Geez, picking up MJD where you did is potentially a draft steal. Matt Ryan should put up plenty of points for you too, as should Felix Jones. Your WR's are strong, if not spectacular- kinda like mine only a bit better. TE's are strong. Mayo was on my list (after Timmons though) & Suh should get a few points.

Not convinced about Benson & Brown, but if your #3 & #4 RB's are your biggest questions, I reckon you are doing alright.

I think this might be about as solid a FF draft as you'll find, personally.

Thanks for the props. I'm pretty happy with all but the RB depth too. Benson will get carries, but the yards and TDs might be tough with teams not fearing the pass at all there in Cinci.

this is where my #1 waiver priority comes in...

JAR
08-29-2011, 10:00 AM

QB-Rivers, Garrard
TE- Gates, Cooley
K- Kaeding
DEF- Chi, NYG

Rivers will get you a heap of points. Green & Turner are very good bell-cow types & as long as they get the TD's, will get you some good FF results. Not sure about your WR's...looks a little thin- although I expect Ocho will have a pretty good year. Collie is dinged, Payton is dinged, & Dallas Clark returns- not a good combo for Collie's success. Gates & Cooley are great- pity you can't start 2 TE's per game. Not much wrong with your D players either.

Yeah, Collie is a question. With Williams struggling in Chi, I'm hoping Bennett emerges as Cutler's #1

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2011, 10:19 AM
QB
Matt Schaub HOU
Donovan McNabb MIN

RB
Arian Foster HOU
Marshawn Lynch SEA
Joseph Addai IND
Jonathan Stewart CAR
Brandon Jacobs NYG

WR
Hakeem Nicks NYG
Mike Wallace PIT
Sidney Rice SEA
Steve Smith CAR
Michael Crabtree SF

TE
Jermichael Finley GB
Greg Olsen CAR

K
Jason Hanson DET

D/ST
Cowboys DAL

LB
Jon Beason CAR
James Laurinaitis STL

DB
LaRon Landry WAS

DL
Julius Peppers CHI

http://prosportpsychsym.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/winning-sheen.jpg

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
I should run away with this, but you all be the judge...

QB BREES, FITZPATRICK

RB Chris Johnson
Le Garrette Blount
K. Hunter

Wr R Wayne
S Johnson
K Britt
S Moss
AJ Green
A. Brown
Plaxico

TE-Dallas Clark

DEF: CHAD GREENWAY, CHARLES JOHNSON, CLAY MATTHEWS, KC DEF

steelz09
08-29-2011, 05:56 PM
The Winning Team: Steelz McGrillz :tt2
-------------------------

QB - Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB), Mark Sanchez (NYJ - QB)

WR - DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR), Brandon Marshall (Mia - WR), Johnny Knox (Chi - WR), Mike Williams (Sea - WR)

RB - Frank Gore (SF - RB), Darren Sproles (NO - RB), Michael Bush (Oak - RB)

TE - Vernon Davis (SF - TE), Chris Cooley (Was - TE)

W/R - C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)

K - Jay Feely (Ari - K)

Team Defense - Detroit (Det - DEF)

Defensive Player - Lawrence Timmons (Pit - LB)

DB - Ed Reed (Bal - S), Donte Whitner (SF - S)

DL - Ndamukong Suh (Det - DT)

LB - Patrick Willis (SF - LB), D.J. Williams (Den - LB)

eniparadoxgma
08-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Auto Draft ftw!1

QB: Homo (boo!), Kolb

RB: Mendy, Ingram (?), McGahee

WR: Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, Lance Moore (?), Jerome Simpson (double ?), Mario Manningham

TE: Owen Daniels, Jared Cook

K: Rackers, Bironas

D: Jets and Houston

Def: Random Scrubs (Vaughn, Barber, Ah Yu (wtf), and Senn)

D Rock
08-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Auto Draft ftw!1

WR: Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, Lance Moore (?), Jerome Simpson (double ?), Mario Manningham

You must not live anywher near New Orleans! Ingram and Moore should both feature a decent amount in the Saints offense. Moore just signed a nice new contract for pretty good money and Ingram is there 1st round pick this year.

Your WRs are pretty well stacked 4 deep with Johnson, Austin, Manningham, and Moore. Probably the best in the league right now IMO.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Auto Draft ftw!1

You must not live anywher near New Orleans! Ingram and Moore should both feature a decent amount in the Saints offense. Moore just signed a nice new contract for pretty good money and Ingram is there 1st round pick this year.

Your WRs are pretty well stacked 4 deep with Johnson, Austin, Manningham, and Moore. Probably the best in the league right now IMO.

And with Rackers and Bironas he is stacked at kicker!! :lol: