PDA

View Full Version : WR core looking good

DHSF
08-27-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm very impressed with our WR core this year. Ward still looking good. Brown has looked very good vs Atlanta. Wallace hasn't shown much this game but he will be fine. Cotchery looked great last game. Should be very good once he heals up. Concerned about our DB's, but once the top guys heal up we should be fine.

Oviedo
08-27-2011, 09:30 PM
I share your concern about the DB but as long as they play 10 yards off the WR it won't get better.

Is James Harrison even playing tonight? Hasn't done anything. I'm concerned he isn't healthy.

NorthCoast
08-27-2011, 10:08 PM
I really like what I see in Donavan Warren. Guy is a very good tackler, and always seems to be around the ball. With experience he can hopefully push Gay or BMac.

Teams are scared of Wallace's speed but Brown is almost as fast and he is much stronger than Wallace. If our OL can keep Ben clean, it could be a career season for him and the WRs.

steelfin
08-28-2011, 12:35 AM
The WR corp is deeper than ever....

Ward
Wallace
Brown
Sanders
Cotchery
Battles

The question is how many do we keep?

Secondary is an issue....but maybe some hope from the young guys..

Taylor - Great cover skills...hopefully the thumb does not become an issue
McFadden - The guy cant stay healthy and not that impressed with his cover skills
Gay - Well, he is Gay
Lewis - Looked good until the injury
Warren - This kid will make the team...He is always around the ball
Butler - Will make the team..the 96 yard TD return doesn't hurt

How many do we keep? What happens to the 2 rookies we drafted this year? It will be interesting to see how this pans out...

Agree that Harrison does not look like himself...Hopefully he gets stronger as the season goes on....He is a beast when healthy...but now that they are testing for HGH who knows... :stirpot

Starlifter
08-28-2011, 01:11 AM
we have a lot of weapons on offense. 'ol BA is gonna really take a shellacking if they fail to put up beaucoup points. I would say they are going to be needed because while our defense is still very good - there are opportunities to exploit it. the DB's are still suspect (and yes, i realize our starters were injured) and while there is some good young talent - we still have some veterans playing that have clearly lost a step. don't get me wrong, i love potsie - but I think he's going to be a big target this year. if the defense can hold opponents to 21 points or less and the o-line stays healthy and gets some good continuity - this could be a very successful season.

NJ-STEELER
08-28-2011, 01:15 AM
brown is too good to keep off the field. he should have more time starting IMO

edit...sorry bout that

Djfan
08-28-2011, 01:18 AM
brwon is too good to kee poff the field. he should more time starting IMO

I agree, um, well, yeah. What?!?!

hawaiiansteel
08-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Agree that Harrison does not look like himself...Hopefully he gets stronger as the season goes on....He is a beast when healthy...but now that they are testing for HGH who knows... :stirpot

they sure picked a bad year to start testing for HGH, huh? :D