PDA

View Full Version : Ravens will suck this year!

Steelhere10
08-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Put it down, Flacco looks bad two weeks straight, their, defense l ook old and tired. And their oline cant block. I bet they dont win 9 games.

AkronSteel
08-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm sitting here watching them right now and they don't scare me at all. They are worse than what they were last year. They won't compete for the division this year....I just don't see it. They will come into week 1 all fired up and we will put them in their place from the outset. They won't be able to stretch us and they won't be able to protect Flacco either. We all know that they won't be able to run the ball. Once they lose to us in Week 1 they will be done. Their spirit will be broken!!!

:ratsuck

SidSmythe
08-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Whoa Boys ... calm down now.
Don't always recall the Steelers playing their best ball Week 1 either.

I'll make my mind up around the end of October who's for real and who isnt

MaxAMillion
08-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I will take that bet. The Ravens offense is faster now than last year. I thought the Evans move was great for them. I bet they score more points this year and win just as many games.

I can promise you one thing, the Steelers still won't be able to block their front. If we are going to win the opening game, the defense will have to do it just like last year.

hawaiiansteel
08-25-2011, 10:08 PM
what do you mean, the Ravens will suck this year?

why should this year be any different? the Ravens suck EVERY year! :ratsuck

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/tobaker70/ravenssuck-1.jpg

Jooser
08-25-2011, 11:51 PM
I bet the Clowns run second in the division this year...a close second, but I just see the Rats struggling as well.

Oviedo
08-26-2011, 08:41 AM
I predicting that the Ravens will take a step back to 9-7 this season. I think their secondary may be worse than ours, which is saying alot.

flippy
08-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I hope the Ravens lose twice to the Bengals.

sentinel33
08-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Theses guys really screwed themselves this year. Trying to implement a different offense with new and young players while coming out of a lockout was a stupid move by the ravens FO. That's too much to handle for that offense. The will have a rocky start this year. I see them going 1-3 to open it up. Whether they can regroup at there bye remains to be seen. It will be interesting to see if they can hold it together while there offense rounds into form.
I think that they will be a better/different team when we see them in the middle of the season.
The question is can they ride out the early part of a sure-to-be tough opening to the season.
I certainly would love to see the wheels fall off(1-3start) early and watch them struggle the whole year just to find there identity.

Djfan
08-26-2011, 10:43 AM

That's just cold.

Dee Dub
08-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I will take that bet. The Ravens offense is faster now than last year. I thought the Evans move was great for them. I bet they score more points this year and win just as many games.

I can promise you one thing, the Steelers still won't be able to block their front. If we are going to win the opening game, the defense will have to do it just like last year.

I disagree. I think it is more on the Steelers offense than their defense. We know the Steelers defense isnít going to give up many points.

Now that Shaun Cody is starting at NT for them it is key the Steelers throw more on first and second downs versus the Ravens. Any and all 3rd down passing plays Cody goes to the bench. I think in early passing plays this will have the Ravens at a disadvantage. Now if the Steelers insist on running on first and second downs they will not get anywhere with Ngata and Cody upfront.

Eddie Spaghetti
08-26-2011, 12:50 PM
terrance cody

frankthetank1
08-26-2011, 01:37 PM

I disagree. I think it is more on the Steelers offense than their defense. We know the Steelers defense isnít going to give up many points.

Now that Shaun Cody is starting at NT for them it is key the Steelers throw more on first and second downs versus the Ravens. Any and all 3rd down passing plays Cody goes to the bench. I think in early passing plays this will have the Ravens at a disadvantage. Now if the Steelers insist on running on first and second downs they will not get anywhere with Ngata and Cody upfront.

i couldnt agree more about passing more on first and second downs. not only against the ravens but it should happen against every defense.

Stewie
08-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Don't count on the Ravens being bad. Besides, we don't want to beat chumps.

DukieBoy
08-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Raven's aren't going to wet themselves. But they may go home crying. I think it will be a very close game, typical stuff. It makes for some great football. It should be mandatory viewing for all.

birtikidis
08-26-2011, 11:02 PM
terrance cody
He's a fat piece of crap. does not scare me one bit

fordfixer
08-27-2011, 01:25 AM
:ratsuck every year

hawaiiansteel
08-27-2011, 02:28 AM
:ratsuck every year

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/tobaker70/RavensBaltoSucksTShirt.jpghttp://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/Knivez89/ravens_suck_ani.gif

Stewie
08-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I am worried about the Ravens new O. They have more or less abandoned the power running game for a stretch/cutback kind of game. Our D is built to stop the power game, and an effective cutback runner, like Rice, can be an issue. Their passing game has been upgraded with Evans replacing Whosyourmomma. I am glad to see Mason go, though. He always seemed to torch us. Their D has some issues, and if we can block Suggs and Ngata, I think we can prevail.

NJ-STEELER
08-27-2011, 05:13 PM
i hope they do suck

but, i dont see it happening

insanesteelersfan
08-27-2011, 05:21 PM
The Ravens definitely lost alot of Flacco's security blamket players like Heap and Mason. But, their pathetic schedule will guarantee them at least 10, if not an easy 11 wins this season.

Slapstick
08-27-2011, 05:45 PM
The Ravens definitely lost alot of Flacco's security blamket players like Heap and Mason. But, their pathetic schedule will guarantee them at least 10, if not an easy 11 wins this season.

With the exception of two games, the Steelers have the same pathetic schedule...

buckeyehoppy
08-27-2011, 06:20 PM

There's an outside chance no one will lose once to the Bengals. They are the pre-season leaders in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes!

:bungalssuck

Oviedo
08-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Steelers = 11-5
Ravens = 9-7

Not a problem!!!!!

buckeyehoppy
08-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Steelers = 11-5
Ravens = 9-7

Not a problem!!!!!

That should be accurate within +/- 1 for both.

Steelgal
08-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I think the Rats have as many oline problems as we do. Advantage us, because Flacco isn't nearly as good as Ben as getting away from pressure. I like our receiving core better as well. Although the addition of Lee was very good for them. both defenses are aging, but I give the Steelers a slight edge.

I don't think we'll blow them out week 1, but we usually play them close and I expect it will continue this year. I think the main difference between the two teams is coaching staffs and ours gets a huge advantage. I'm not impressed with Harbaugh at all and I think if it wasn't for the lockout, Cam Cameron might have been fired. They got better at defense coordinator though, Mattison was putrid.

JHsilverback
08-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey guys..I'm not a big poster on here on the forum but just received news that I got two free tickets to see the steelers play the ravens in baltimore but got no one to go with..if anyone is interested in going to the game its a free ticket

hawaiiansteel
08-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey guys..I'm not a big poster on here on the forum but just received news that I got two free tickets to see the steelers play the ravens in baltimore but got no one to go with..if anyone is interested in going to the game its a free ticket

man, if I didn't live so damn far away I would take you up on that offer and volunteer to buy the beers... :Cheers

and yes, :ratsuck

JHsilverback
08-30-2011, 06:31 PM

man, if I didn't live so damn far away I would take you up on that offer and volunteer to buy the beers... :Cheers

and yes, :ratsuck

Dang haha the thought of free beer at the game would have been perfect!

keep on representing out there in hawaii...Here We Go Steelers!! :tt1

fordfixer
08-31-2011, 12:43 AM
Don Banks>INSIDE THE NFL

Ravens determined to finally solve their Pittsburgh problem

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... nfl_t11_a6 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/08/10/ravens.steelers.obstacle/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a6)

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- You wouldn't think you could show up at Baltimore's team complex, notebook in hand, and find a bunch of folks eager to talk about the "P'' word, but I'm happy to report there's no running from the truth going on here at Ravens training camp. Baltimore knows it must confront and conquer its Pittsburgh problem. And soon.

When the NFL's 2011 schedule came out in April, there were the Ravens and Steelers matched up once again in Week 1, an immediate renewal of what many consider the league's fiercest rivalry going. So Baltimore's season will begin the same way last year's ended, facing hated Pittsburgh, the team that it can't seem to beat when it matters most. The Ravens are fully aware that the only thing standing between them and where they want to go is that team in black and gold.

"This is all or nothing this year,'' said Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs after a Tuesday afternoon practice. "When this journey first started, a lot of us were young men. I'm still a young man. I'm only 28. But I'm in my ninth year, so I feel like a window of opportunity is closing. There have been plenty of years that we let championship teams walk up outta here because of that team to the northwest of us. They've been the reason for that. So if we don't get over this hump this year, I don't know what else to say.''

HACK: POSTCARD FROM RAVENS CAMP

Suggs is rarely, if ever, at a loss for words, so you know he's serious when it comes to the frustration level in the Baltimore locker room. The Ravens in the three-year John Harbaugh coaching era are a sterling 32-16 (.667), and the only team in the NFL to win at least one playoff game in each of the past three seasons. They're both accomplished and respected throughout the league, and they're known as one of the league's most resilient and resourceful franchises, with a quality coaching staff and a superb front office.

But the Ravens haven't figured out how to win their division yet and really go places in the playoffs, because they can't get past Pittsburgh. They're just 2-6 in the Harbaugh era against the Steelers, with two of the past three seasons ending with painful postseason losses at Heinz Field (in the 2008 AFC title game, and in the 2010 AFC divisional round). And they were only in the position of needing to again go the wild card route in the playoffs last season due to a season-turning Week 13 loss at home to Pittsburgh, when the Steelers rallied for a 13-10 win on the strength of Troy Polamalu's strip sack of Joe Flacco in the game's final minutes. Both teams finished 12-4, but Pittsburgh won the division via tiebreaker.

That play by Polamalu not only changed the arc of the Ravens' season, it very likely helped get Baltimore offensive line coach John Matsko fired in January. When Polamalu came clean into the backfield and forced Flacco to fumble, highlighting an obvious missed blocking assignment, Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley scooped up the loose ball and returned it to the Ravens 9, setting up Pittsburgh's winning touchdown. Seemingly that's how consequential every play in the Ravens-Steelers blood feud has become.

PINNACLE MOMENTS OF THE 2010 SEASON

"They've won the games that matter, and you have to respect them for it,'' said Ravens running back Ray Rice, entering his fourth NFL season. "They're a great organization. They play hard, and they're everything people say they are. We're toe and toe and there with them, but obviously we've got to win the big games to get acknowledged with them. It's one of those situations where they know how to win. You have to give it to them. They know how to win. I think we know how to win as well, just not against them.''

If anything, the Ravens' 31-24 divisional round loss at Pittsburgh was even more inexplicable, with Baltimore building a commanding 21-7 halftime lead and silencing the hostile Heinz Field crowd, but then disintegrating beneath a steady stream of turnovers and dropped passes as Pittsburgh stormed back. It is plenty noted in the Ravens locker room that both years they've lost to the Steelers in the playoffs, Pittsburgh has gone on to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl (after the 2008 and 2010 seasons).

"All of them hurt,'' said Suggs, of the losses to the Steelers. "They all leave a bitter taste in your mouth. They've done it to us a few times now. And the thing is, in some of those games we've had 'em. We pretty much beat ourselves. If you go back and look at some of those last seven or eight games, at some point in the game you thought, Oh my God, Baltimore's going to win this game.

"It's the way we're losing to them. If we lose and flat out get beat, we get beat. But to give up plays and have them come back on us, it just stings even more. Our season was decided on a couple plays last year. They made the plays and we've hurt ourselves.''

For longtime Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome, the mistakes made by Baltimore in the playoff loss had plenty to do with how Pittsburgh imposes its will on an opponent as a game goes on. For more than 30 years now, first as a Hall of Fame Browns tight end, and now as the respected front office boss of the Ravens, Newsome has been watching teams self-destruct against the Steelers.

"There was something about that 21-7 lead that I wasn't comfortable with,'' Newsome said. "There was something about it. There are times when you get a lead and you think you're one play away from it being a blowout. But I just didn't feel that way that day, because I know how they play and how they feed off one big play.

"We made mistakes and we don't normally do that. But they cause a lot of that to happen. We gave them some things, but they were forcing us to do some of those things. That's how good they are. They have a resolve about themselves, and if you're not willing to play them for four quarters, then you can lose the game. You can't play for just one half.''

In some ways, it has come to this: The annual showdowns with Pittsburgh are the only games on the Ravens' schedule that really matter. Newsome even acknowledged it somewhat when I asked him if he puts his roster together every year with the thought of how to beat the Steelers in the front of his mind. He doesn't do that with AFC North rivals Cincinnati and Cleveland.

"Always Pittsburgh,'' Newsome said. "When I talk to most of the players at the [scouting] combine, I talk to them about 'How are you going to react when we go to Pittsburgh and play at Heinz Field?' I want to get a reaction, and the ones that are timid, I tell them I have a tough time thinking you could go to Heinz Field and help me win a football game. So yeah, it's there.''

It's there all right. The dominance of the Steelers is a topic that's never far from the brains of the Ravens and their fans, and some players know the battles with Pittsburgh have become at least partly mental. To pretend the Steelers aren't in the Ravens' heads at this point, after all the recent history, would be ludicrous.

"I'm sure there is some of that,'' Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco told me. "I don't know if I like admitting that, but sports is so mental. No matter what you say, a lot of it comes down to the mental side of it. These guys have beat us. When it comes down to it, they've figured out a way to win the game. And as much we don't want to admit that, it probably has a lot to do with the mental side of it.

"They've continued to push through. Things have not gone their way, but they've still fought through and gotten it done. We've bounced back, too, but we just haven't done it throughout the full 60 minutes. That's something that wins these games, and while both really are good teams, that mental aspect is the extra edge you get.''

The margin between the Steelers and Ravens remains razor slight. No game has been decided by more than nine points in the past three years, and six of their past eight meetings have been decided by four or fewer. Baltimore has yet to beat Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the Flacco/Harbaugh era, winning at home in 2009 when Dennis Dixon started for an injured Big Ben, and winning at Pittsburgh in Week 4 of last season, when Roethlisberger was still suspended and Charlie Batch started for the Steelers.

Despite three strong seasons to begin his NFL career, Flacco will likely never get his due as one of the game's elite quarterbacks until he and his Ravens get over their Pittsburgh problem and start to regularly beat the Steelers. Newsome and others in the organization point out that once upon a time the Pistons owned Michael Jordan and the Bulls, but then the worm finally turned and a string of NBA titles ensued for Chicago.

"That's the hurdle we've got to clear, and that's the history we're going to have to overcome,'' Rice said. "Maybe when we beat them, we won't just beat them. A win is a win. But if we make a statement, and beat them in a way that they know they were really beaten, I think that leaves a taste.''

Week 1 in Baltimore's M&T Bank Stadium, the Ravens will once again start pushing that rock back up that hill, trying to get past those same familiar Steelers and back into the AFC playoff field. Hopefully as a higher seed and in a position of strength this time. In Week 9, the two rivals will meet again in Pittsburgh, on NBC's Sunday Night Football. I think I like Baltimore's chances to finally flip the script on the Steelers this year, and Flacco to me is the key for the Ravens putting together a run of their own in this lopsided series.

"I agree, and I think we're building a team around here that's going to be good for a while,'' Flacco said, echoing the conventional wisdom on Baltimore's roster. "When we finally jell and get over that hump, I think we're going to be able to take it to the next level and be a team that's around for a while and win some Super Bowls.''

But it's not that long haul that Suggs and some other Ravens veterans are focused on like a laser. Linebacker Ray Lewis recently told CBSSports.com that "I feel like now we have enough pieces in place to make a good run at the Super Bowl," and that he'll retire if the Ravens do indeed win the big one. He, Suggs and Ed Reed want to beat the Steelers right now, and start rewriting a story line that has grown bitter and impossibly tired in Baltimore: Good Ravens team loses to a better Steelers team, and watches Pittsburgh move on in the playoffs.

"It's like a rerun,'' Suggs said. "Everybody knows how this story ends, with us and the Steelers. It's about time we changed it, and give people something new. Right now, it's kind of like we pride ourselves on being a bully, but they're the ones that keep knocking us out of the playoffs. So they're the bully. One day you just got to say '[screw] it' and punch the bully totally in his mouth. Then they won't bully you any more.''

See. They're not sugar-coating the truth in Baltimore these days. The Ravens have some work to do this season, and once again, it figures to both start and end with the task of getting past Pittsburgh.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1WZv46LBO (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/08/10/ravens.steelers.obstacle/index.html#ixzz1WZv46LBO)

NJ-STEELER
09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Anyone want to re think their predictions?

Stewie
09-11-2011, 07:30 PM
I absolutely hate to be correct on this, but we better fix it:

I am worried about the Ravens new O. They have more or less abandoned the power running game for a stretch/cutback kind of game. Our D is built to stop the power game, and an effective cutback runner, like Rice, can be an issue. Their passing game has been upgraded with Evans replacing Whosyourmomma. I am glad to see Mason go, though. He always seemed to torch us. Their D has some issues, and if we can block Suggs and Ngata, I think we can prevail.

OBVIOUSLY WE DIDN'T BLOCK SUGGS AND NGATA.

Also, we need to scrap that empty backfield nonsense. We should have had a pony backfield.

All that said, my uglies for the day were Ben, the OL, Mendy, Aaron and Harrison (who is no where near where he needs to be), in fact everybody including the coaching staff except Ike Taylor and Redman.

Seriously that stretch play gives this D fits. NE runs it against us. The Skins ran it against us in preseason, and now the Ravens. We better fix it, because when we commit to stop it the air attack starts.

Steelhere10
09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Yes i do, The Steelers and the Ravens will suck this year. lol jk but to be real about it , we looked old slow and weak.