PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Noticed?

flippy
08-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Every time we line up Lawerence Timmons outside of Harrison or Woodley and send him after the QB (or even threaten to send him) something positive happens for the defense.

And it's usually someone other than Timmons that gets free to make a play. But it happens almost every time.

More and more, Timmons makes things happen for others more than he makes them happen for himself.

His contract is going to be looked back at as one of the best bargains the Steelers have ever had with a star player.

I also have a hunch that in a year's time, we might be able to win SuperBowls without Troy. I think Timmons can have a Troy like impact on this defense and I notice it more and more. Especially when he's not making plays.

Northern_Blitz
08-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Every time we line up Lawerence Timmons outside of Harrison or Woodley and send him after the QB (or even threaten to send him) something positive happens for the defense.

And it's usually someone other than Timmons that gets free to make a play. But it happens almost every time.

More and more, Timmons makes things happen for others more than he makes them happen for himself.

His contract is going to be looked back at as one of the best bargains the Steelers have ever had with a star player.

I also have a hunch that in a year's time, we might be able to win SuperBowls without Troy. I think Timmons can have a Troy like impact on this defense and I notice it more and more. Especially when he's not making plays.

Here's hoping that we win the SB this year with Timmons and Troy wreaking havoc :Boobs .

Eddie Spaghetti
08-25-2011, 03:38 PM
i agree with you on the contract. it will look great in future years.

but troy is still the straw that stirs the drink.

ikestops85
08-25-2011, 04:00 PM

Meh, just think how good a deal it would have been if he hadn't gone through the LeBeau red-shirt process to learn this overly complicated defense. :wink:
:lol:

Stewie
08-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Timmons needs to work on shedding tacklers when he rushes. Too often a back picks him up one on one. His forte is hits in the open field.

Stewie
08-25-2011, 06:52 PM
I meant "blockers."