PDA

View Full Version : OT - Plaxico

flippy
08-22-2011, 08:42 PM
I saw an interview of Plax done by Bryant Gumble on HBO and Plax is totally different than when he played here. I was shocked.

He's well spoken. Articulate. And then I heard him yesterday talking about how he can't wait to get back to practice.

I'm starting to think we may have really missed out on signing him.

He's not the same guy he was when he wore black and gold. My jaw was wide open for most of the interview. I kept thinking to myself, he looks exactly like Plax, but the words coming out of his mouth are totally confusing me.

Not sure if he changed when he went to NY. When he got married. Or when he went to prison? But this is a totally different guy.

I'm secretly rooting for him to have an All Pro season while I root for the Jets to S U C K...Suck....Suck....Suck....

I always thought Plax was misunderstood. And I feel like he's my screwed up kid that grew up and is turning out alright.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-22-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't know the answer to this, but one way to take the sting of "what if" away ... is to ask whose development would have suffered if we had kept him on the team and waited 5 years for him to mature? Or who might we not have signed ...

(Sweed is not the right answer to this question, please!). :D :Cheers :tt1 :tt2

steelblood
08-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Plax has matured. But, he is a Jet. So, he is a still a jerk.

RuthlessBurgher
08-23-2011, 12:07 AM
I posted on here after the Jets cut a going-into-his-prime Cotchery and signed the over-the-hill duo of Burress and Mason that they would regret it (and this was before we showed any interest in Cotch. I'm happy we have Jerricho rather than Plaxico.

Scarletfire1970
08-23-2011, 06:26 AM
I am rooting for Plax too. I have always liked him.

Shawn
08-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah I have to agree with RB on this one. I would rather have Cotch at this point in these two guys careers. With that said, I am happy to hear that Plax has grown and matured.

feltdizz
08-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Too much baggage with Plax... I still don't trust him and think he will rebel if the season starts to go south or he doesn't get enough touches.

I feel like Plax still needs to be pampered....

Jerricho has a cooler name too...

hawaiiansteel
09-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Plaxico Burress is blowing people up on blocks

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 28, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/p-burressside.jpg?w=160

As I watched NFL Network’s NFL Replay of Sunday’s Jets-Raiders game, one thing really stood out to me: Jets receiver Plaxico Burress was absolutely dominating the Raiders’ secondary.

No, not as a receiver: Burress had a fine day catching the ball, grabbing three passes for 55 yards and a touchdown. But what had me amazed was how many times Burress was drilling the Raiders’ defensive backs when Jets running backs Shonn Greene and LaDainian Tomlinson had the ball.

On a sweep to Greene, a brutal Burress block knocked Raiders defensive back Matt Giordano down, forcing Giordano to leave the game. It was reminiscent of the block Burress laid on Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins in Week One, knocking Jenkins out of that game.

On the Jets’ biggest play of the game, a 74-yard catch-and-run by Tomlinson, it was a Burress block on Raiders cornerback Chris Johnson that sprung Tomlinson, turning what would have been about a 20-yard gain into an open-field sprint on which Tomlinson finally got pushed out of bounds at the 1-yard line.

In the second quarter Burress drove Raiders cornerback Stanford Routt straight back for almost 10 yards before finally shoving him out of bounds, and Greene followed Burress for a 15-yard gain. Four plays later Greene ran for 12 yards, and Raiders defensive back Joe Porter couldn’t get there in run support because Burress backed him away.

For all the talk of whether Burress would be able to return to top speed after his two years in prison, the question of whether Burress would be able to get back to top strength has been answered: Burress looks tougher than ever as a run blocker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-blocks/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/28/plaxico-burress-is-blowing-people-up-on-blocks/)

NJ-STEELER
09-28-2011, 06:48 PM
he also hAD A KILL SHOT ON THE DALLAS CORNER IN THE OPENER

phillyesq
09-29-2011, 07:09 AM
I didn't care for Plex or Santonio when they were here, and I like them even less now that they're on the Jets.

Santonio is the more irritating of the two -- he asinine first down gestures, even when his team is getting crushed, are particularly annoying. The showboating from wide receivers, especially after routine or inconsequential catches, is one of my least favorite things when watching the games.

Watching Santonio and Plex with their stupid hats with the flat brims, staring at the ground, not speaking during the fourth quarter of the Jets/Raiders game made me quite happy that neither of them are in black and gold.