PDA

View Full Version : WARREN

feltdizz
08-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I think he was number 30... I like that kid. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

costanza2k1
08-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Feltdizzle...we got some info here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18326 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18326)

StarSpangledSteeler
08-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Here's my take...

Warren is more of a nickel/dime guy due to his lack of long speed and size. Having said that, I do believe he has shown decent instincts to go after the ball and good short area closing speed. (At least as good as Gay.) He appears to be a willing tackler although not at the level of McFadden or probably even Lewis. The interesting thing about him is that he has a nothing to lose attitude so he is not worried about getting burned. He's just trying to make plays, which looks great when it works, but in LeBeau's scheme, if you start getting beat deep, you go directly to jail - do not pass go - do not collect $200. I have to see Warren on an island a few more times before I can say for sure about his "big boy" cover skills.

On a side note, I'm so tired of seeing Gay get beat that (in my mind) it couldn't get much worse.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Warren seems to have emerged as the new camp wonderboy.

It was Batch first until he got injured. Then it was Williams and Scott but both of those guys have looked bad in each game so far.

Next up.....#30 Donovan Warren

with a shout out to Tony Hills in the veterans category.

Northern_Blitz
08-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Here's my take...

Warren is more of a nickel/dime guy due to his lack of long speed and size. Having said that, I do believe he has shown decent instincts to go after the ball and good short area closing speed. (At least as good as Gay.) He appears to be a willing tackler although not at the level of McFadden or probably even Lewis. The interesting thing about him is that he has a nothing to lose attitude so he is not worried about getting burned. He's just trying to make plays, which looks great when it works, but in LeBeau's scheme, if you start getting beat deep, you go directly to jail - do not pass go - do not collect $200. I have to see Warren on an island a few more times before I can say for sure about his "big boy" cover skills.

On a side note, I'm so tired of seeing Gay get beat that (in my mind) it couldn't get much worse.

In last week's game, it seemed like every time I said "nice hit", I'd see #30. It'd be nice if this kid could at least make a contribution on ST (at least as long as the league allows tackling on punts).

BackwoodsSteeler
08-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Gay needs to go.

Tell me the difference between an upstart making a mistake and a vet making a mistake?

We know what we have in Gay and it ain't good.

Ghost
08-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Gay needs to go.

Tell me the difference between an upstart making a mistake and a vet making a mistake?

Amen brother!! :Bow That milk has soured and there's no reasomn to stick that sh!t back in the fridge.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Gay needs to go.

I could see Gay being a slight surprise cut. I think the final group looks like:

Ike - starter
BMac - starter and hopefully healthy and rejuvenated
Lewis - next CB onto the field

And then three rooks. The two draftees can't be exposed on the PS for fear of losing them, and Warren has played his way onto the roster.