PDA

View Full Version : NFL's top 10 Linebacking Corps

Djfan
08-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Monday at 9pm (Eastern, I think).

Who do you think they will list?

Snatch98
08-22-2011, 01:40 AM
The Steelers will be number 1 and for me that's all that matters. I don't think there is even a close second. They'll probably list the Jets somewhere, the Ravens, Packers.

NJ-STEELER
08-22-2011, 01:45 AM
For this season or all time?

If it's all time, it's a repeat. I wont spoil it for ya and tell u who was 1

hawaiiansteel
08-22-2011, 01:52 AM
The Steelers will be number 1 and for me that's all that matters. I don't think there is even a close second. They'll probably list the Jets somewhere, the Ravens, Packers.

:Agree if we're talking about the NFL's current Top 10 LB corps.

think the Bears with Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs would also be listed in the Top-5 somewhere.

papillon
08-22-2011, 07:19 AM
You won't like the results and that's all I have to say about that. :tt2

Pappy

feltdizz
08-22-2011, 09:10 AM
You won't like the results and that's all I have to say about that. :tt2

Pappy

:Agree

They will go with Baltimore or Green Bay because it will get all the Steeler fans fired up.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-22-2011, 11:38 AM
It is a repeat of the all time greatest LB groups.....and as Pappy said, you will not be as happy as you should be.

That being said, at least we will be represented twice!!

fezziwig
08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
If they don't pick our Steelers as number one then it will only prove my point that, there is bias against the Steelers.

We all know our linebackers worth to our team and it's a strong point but, is there another group or position you guys feel that are head and shoulders over other teams or at least, a value to our teams success ?

flippy
08-22-2011, 01:13 PM
THe Philadelphia Eagles would surprise me at #1

fezziwig
08-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Was last night the Monday that the linebackers were getting their love ? If so, who rated where ?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-23-2011, 04:09 PM
If they don't pick our Steelers as number one then it will only prove my point that, there is bias against the Steelers.

We all know our linebackers worth to our team and it's a strong point but, is there another group or position you guys feel that are head and shoulders over other teams or at least, a value to our teams success ?

The list is a repeat of the all time greatest groups, not the best current linebacking corps.

fezziwig
08-23-2011, 05:07 PM

The list is a repeat of the all time greatest groups, not the best current linebacking corps.

Thanks, I think I seen that before. Was it the one where they had the saints as the best linebackers ?

Djfan
08-23-2011, 10:48 PM

Thanks, I think I seen that before. Was it the one where they had the saints as the best linebackers ?

If so, I have already seen it. The funny thing was that they said the Lambert/Ham days were the best LB corps, but they gave it to New Orleans because they never won anything, and we won a lot.

SteelBucks
08-23-2011, 11:50 PM

Yes

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-24-2011, 09:27 AM

If so, I have already seen it. The funny thing was that they said the Lambert/Ham days were the best LB corps, but they gave it to New Orleans because they never won anything, and we won a lot.

I think that they also said that the Pittsburgh backers were surrounded by hall of famers both in front and behind, whereas the Saints corps were all they had.

IIRC the Lloyd group was at #7 as well.

fezziwig
08-24-2011, 05:28 PM
[quote=fezziwig]If they don't pick our Steelers as number one then it will only prove my point that, there is bias against the Steelers.

I think that they also said that the Pittsburgh backers were surrounded by hall of famers both in front and behind, whereas the Saints corps were all they had.

IIRC the Lloyd group was at #7 as well.[/quote:4kq5vnrt]

To me that shouldn't make a difference and possibly our backer stats might even be more over the top had they not had to share the defense with the up front guys.