PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Ocho Ego....really

Djfan
08-22-2011, 12:42 AM
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2011/aug/22/spnewso6-foster-awaits-possible-fine-ar-252064/

TAMPA --

After hearing from Chad Ochocinco, Buccaneers rookie MLB Mason Foster is waiting to hear from the NFL office.

Foster was flagged 15 yards for unnecessary roughness for his open-field hit against Ochocinco in the opening quarter of Thursday night's 31-14 preseason loss to the Patriots. The league could fine Foster this week for launching himself into a defenseless receiver with a blow to the helmet.

"I was running Cover 2, middle run through, staying between the hashes," Foster said of the jarring first-down collision. "I flipped one way and didn't see a threat. I flipped back, broke on the ball and ran into it. It's a good play, but they threw a flag and kind of put a dark cloud over it. It looked good to me, but this is my first year in the NFL, so I don't know what they're calling. Either way, I've got to learn from it."

In a Twitter feed, Ochocinco absolved Foster of any blame for the hit and offered to pay any potential fine.

"He hit me up, he's a good guy," Foster said of Ochocinco. "We'll see what happens. I can't try to change the way I play aim a little lower I guess. It was a bang-bang play. Everything in the NFL happens real fast."

Talk about an "in your face" to goodell. I hope this pisses the czar off big time. Even the players are going around his stupidity.

hawaiiansteel
08-22-2011, 02:03 AM
this is maybe the first thing I've ever read about Ocho Stinko that I've liked about him...

feltdizz
08-22-2011, 09:01 AM
this is maybe the first thing I've ever read about Ocho Stinko that I've liked about him...

I've always thought Ocho was decent guy...

he talks trash, has a look at me attitude but he stays out of trouble and plays hard all the time. Most of his antics involve charity fund raising too...

Funny thing is Carson Palmer demands a trade and he isn't seen as a bad guy... Ocho asked for one and he was called every name in the book.

Starlifter
08-22-2011, 09:50 AM
ocho is a clown but his antics have never been about the play on the field. he's been layed out before and always says it's just football. i wouldn't want him on my team - but he plays hard and doesn't expect others around him to go easy. it's the only part of him I admire.

phillyesq
08-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Good for Chad. I find some of his antics irritating, some amusing. He's had the issues in the past with quitting on his team, but playing for the Bungles, it's hard to blame him.

In this situation - good for him!

Sugar
08-22-2011, 11:05 AM
ocho is a clown but his antics have never been about the play on the field. he's been layed out before and always says it's just football. i wouldn't want him on my team - but he plays hard and doesn't expect others around him to go easy. it's the only part of him I admire.

It's also my understanding that he is a film junkie. He's often the first to arrive and the last to leave to watch tape.

fezziwig
08-22-2011, 09:21 PM
I too have respect for Ocho but I do not like the distraction he insist on creating.
I wouldn't want him on my team with his antics but that's just me I'm a serious person when it comes to my work, making a living or being a leader. 0

I still think despite all his football success he was a cancer to his team.

As for Carson Palmer I think he had enough of the organization that doesn't seem to get it.

Chadman
08-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Just how much of a 'distraction' is he, really?

Have Bengal seasons come derailed because of him? I can't remember ever thinking it "all went to Hell when Ocho whinged"- that organisation derails because of it's leadership off the field- coaches & management- not the players.

Ocho has harmless fun- I have no problem with that at all.

fezziwig
08-22-2011, 09:55 PM
At some point you need players that are leaders rather than ring leaders.

Could you see Hines Ward carrying on like Ocho or any Steeler player for that much ?

If I was in a situation, fight or on a team with problems I'm not turning to the class clown.........I'll look to the guys that I know are serious and all about the team.

It's all just my opinion and I'm not knocking anyone for their opinion or how they view him. It's just me and how I feel a person on a team should conduct their behavior. And I'm not going to congradulate a person for not beating his wife/girl, not doing drugs or getting arrested and so on.

The Steeler organization must feel the same way because they don't allow anyone like Ocho near our team and with 6 Super Bowl wins their attitude or outlook must be right.

Chadman
08-22-2011, 10:05 PM
I agree, to an extent- but to label him a 'team cancer' seems very harsh- as far as I'm aware he's a very popular team mate & a decent community guy.

Not every vet is cut out to be a 'team leader'- sometimes players are just...players.

fezziwig
08-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Yeah, cancer may be over the top with my description and yes,,,,,not everyone is the role model for the team. I'm always happy to hear when these guys help out the less forunate. I do believe a guy like Ocho wanted to much attention and that to me is a distraction in a way.

ikestops85
08-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Have Bengal seasons come derailed because of him? I can't remember ever thinking it "all went to Hell when Ocho whinged"- that organisation derails because of it's leadership off the field- coaches & management- not the players.

Let's go back to a playoff game that takes place in Cincy during the 2005 season. Palmer goes down on the bungles 1st series but Kitna comes in and has them leading at halftime. During halftime CJ starts complaining that he isn't getting the ball thrown to him enough and slugs an assistant coach. The bungles crumble in the 2nd half and lose the game.

That is the definition of a team cancer in my book.

fezziwig
08-23-2011, 01:14 PM

Let's go back to a playoff game that takes place in Cincy during the 2005 season. Palmer goes down on the bungles 1st series but Kitna comes in and has them leading at halftime. During halftime CJ starts complaining that he isn't getting the ball thrown to him enough and slugs an assistant coach. The bungles crumble in the 2nd half and lose the game.

I forgot about that and I beleive I heard he had taken a swing at his head coach too one time in the locker room. I guess my description of cancer wasn't over the top after all.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Maybe not cancer, but a bad case of chronic diarrhea...

of the mouth....

fezziwig
08-23-2011, 08:41 PM
So your saying he talks too much Shiit

BradshawsHairdresser
08-23-2011, 08:48 PM
So your saying he talks too much Shiit

$$$$

Slapstick
08-23-2011, 09:05 PM

Did that actually happen? IIRC, that was a profootballtalk.com item that was spread around...the way I remember it was a very heated discussion, but no true physical altercation...

But, if something spreads around the interwebs long enough...

hawaiiansteel
08-23-2011, 09:27 PM
accidentally watching this show one time for two minutes was a complete waste of 120 seconds of my life...

http://castlescorner.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/t.ochocinco-show.jpg

flippy
08-23-2011, 09:39 PM
accidentally watching this show one time for two minutes was a complete waste of 120 seconds of my life...

http://castlescorner.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/t.ochocinco-show.jpg

I like the TO show on VH1. CHad's show was beyond dumb.

I've come to realize that TO's not as bad a guy as he's perceived to be. Chad on the other hand is an immature goofball from what little Ive seen of his show.

I've gotten the impression both are extremely hard workers and dedicated to football. The immaturity from TO seems to come from a place of not knowing any better. Chad's immaturity is more staged.

They both have likeable and endearing qualities which I hate to admit.

fezziwig
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I kmow what you mean about likeable qualities. To me I think they are probably decent guys that all the fame and money got to them like many athletes or people that gain riches very quickly or whatever.
I too believe alot of Chad stuff is more an act than actually him being what we see. With that, to me it still creates an influence or negative influence for the better of the team and or that stuff to me would kind of distract the total focus of the team.

TO on the other hand seems like he could be off balanced at times. I think he is capable of being a good guy but also can be an A-1 jerk too. I do not like the duel personalities of people and those type of people in life I keep my distance.

Like I said before, the Steelers have never had or at least put up with chuckle heads and players that make it more about themselves than the team. With that and those lack of players on the Steelers teams over the years we only won six Super Bowls.
The Steelers know those type of guys will never be good for a team.
How many championships have the Bengals won with Chad/TO or some of their other clowns or trouble players ?