PDA

View Full Version : A GREAT reason why I now LOVE KC Chief fans......

insanesteelersfan
08-20-2011, 08:43 PM
...I mean C'mon. This is just good Ole plain American fun at the Ball game. Look at this Ratbird fan get his clock CLEANED!! :ratsuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhd54CL8 ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhd54CL8FfQ&feature=player_embedded)

hawaiiansteel
08-20-2011, 08:48 PM
that Ravens dude has got to learn that if you're gonna act tough in front of your friends and push somebody like that, you have got to keep your hands up.

insanesteelersfan
08-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Hawaiian, I don't know about you, but I have attended 4 Ravens/Steelers games in the past 7 years. One in Baltimore. And I can honestly say that as it goes to a solo fan, they are as quiet, and as cowardly as any fans I have ever been close to. But, when they are in their crowd, they talk more " STUFF "
then anyone. Notice after that KC fan cleans his clock, how many Raven fans piled on that guy ? That is why I consider this Youtube find to be PRICELESS :Clap ...And I will forever cheer on the KC Chiefs...as long as it doesn't hurt Pittsburgh ? :tt1

fezziwig
08-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Their fans are as much as thugs as their team players are. No surprise a Ray Lewis jersey was there to be seen. Had there been a knife in the dudes hand I figured it would have actually been Ray Ray.

Gooodell is probably looking for these fans to fine.

Sugar
08-20-2011, 09:09 PM
OK, but unfortunately some of our own Steelers fan brethren are first class A-holes. I know of first hand incidents where a Steelers fan shoved a girl wearing a Jaguars jersey into a steel fence after a game. My father in-law even wears a shirt that reads- "the ony thing worse than the Steelers are Steelers fans."

My only response to these folks has been to simply say that when you have the largest fanbase in sports, you are bound to have a few idiots. In their minds, however, the fact that I am civil and fun to talk football with is the exception rather than the rule.

:2c

flippy
08-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Disgusting all the way around. They should ban beer at NFL and all sporting events.

What is wrong with people? You can't just enjoy a game any more these days. This crap happens everywhere. It's pathetic.

Sporting events are supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be entertainment. And all you ever see is fans fighting and arguing. Not cool. How many people have to die or get assaulted at sporting events before they do something about it.

Goodell needs to protect the fans. I avoid going to sporting events because of crap like this. No need to be around a bunch of drunked d-bags who have so little value in their lives.

It's sad how far society's gone down the crapper.

Seriously, what kind of adult would get into a fight? Seriously abortion should be legal until age 18 so we can remove the scum bags from the gene pool.

insanesteelersfan
08-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Flippy, although I agree Alcohol is a HUGE reason why things get too far out of line. But, good ole " Smack talking " is what it is all about. I have been to many many stadiums. And I wedar my steeler colors proudly. And I ALWAYS talk Smack with the opposing fans before the game out in the parking lot while tailgating. Of course Flippy I ALWAYS keep it some what respectful.

And yes I KNOW there are some fans who are just really really bad people. Like Raider fans. But, the one time I was at Oakland for a Steeler/Raider game, I wore my jersey, and even though I got alot of sneers and what not. I still didn't backdown with my Smack talk, or my pride for my team. Now, when the game is over, win or lose I conduct myself pretty respectfully. I always say to the fans who are good natured, and who were " Smacking " me throughout the game that their team played a good game, and I wish them luck the rest of the season.

Of course Flippy, maybe the reason why I never get bothered too much at games is one,,,I am a pretty big guy. Not tall, at 5ft, 11, but I am 257 Lbs, and I carry only a 31 waistline. I also still at 48 bench 365 a total of 23 Reps, and preacher curl 315 Lbs. So maybe that has something to do with it :tt2

But I like, and respect Good old fashioned Smack talking.

BURGH86STEEL
08-20-2011, 10:39 PM
A shame that fans that go to enjoy games in good nature have to put up with that nonsense.

flippy
08-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Flippy, although I agree Alcohol is a HUGE reason why things get too far out of line. But, good ole " Smack talking " is what it is all about. I have been to many many stadiums. And I wedar my steeler colors proudly. And I ALWAYS talk Smack with the opposing fans before the game out in the parking lot while tailgating. Of course Flippy I ALWAYS keep it some what respectful.

And yes I KNOW there are some fans who are just really really bad people. Like Raider fans. But, the one time I was at Oakland for a Steeler/Raider game, I wore my jersey, and even though I got alot of sneers and what not. I still didn't backdown with my Smack talk, or my pride for my team. Now, when the game is over, win or lose I conduct myself pretty respectfully. I always say to the fans who are good natured, and who were " Smacking " me throughout the game that their team played a good game, and I wish them luck the rest of the season.

Of course Flippy, maybe the reason why I never get bothered too much at games is one,,,I am a pretty big guy. Not tall, at 5ft, 11, but I am 257 Lbs, and I carry only a 31 waistline. I also still at 48 bench 365 a total of 23 Reps, and preacher curl 315 Lbs. So maybe that has something to do with it :tt2

There's good natured ribbing and that's fine and seems harmless. But some goofball is always gonna take it too far.

I get the sense that there's guys that wish they were playing but just weren't good enough and it comes out of them when they start tapping the bottle. And when you go to the games, you come across quite a few people that get sloppy drunk. And those are the knuckleheads that end up causing the problems 99% of the time.

It's not really 100% a football issue. Probably just a microcosm of society.

There probably won't be a fix for this until our country legalizes weed and then some weed coompany can sponsor the NFL instead of Budweiser. If people got high instead of drunk, they'd be too relaxed to want to fight each other.

I know it's not the perfect solution. But given the state of society, people just can't seem to have fun anymore at events without alcohol. It's weird though cause people have been drinking for ages, but you never had so many problems many years ago like there are today?

Maybe you can play FB for us. Can you pick up the blitz?

Maybe we can give you the rock at the goalline?

fezziwig
08-20-2011, 11:54 PM
It's okay to do the stuff in a good nature but there are idiots that just go overboard with the whole thing. These idiots need to get a life because when it's all said and done, it's just a game and doesn't amount to a hill of beans when going through life.

Some people act as if it's their whole identity. My old neighbor has a Harley bike and the Harley image consumes him with the tattoos, clothing, head scarf, belt buckle, jackets, mailbox, bumper stickers, window decals, signs on the garage and you name it. It's his only identity and when another brand of bike goes down the street he, bitches a blue moon.

When we beat the Bengals in the playoffs my friends went to the game and some Steeler fan had a seat in front of them and this Steeler fan was all dressed to the limit with Steeler clothing. He was a small young guy and some huge Bengal fan that had a seat next to him told him if he sat in the seat this Steeler fan paid for, the Bengal fan was going to kick his butt. My freinds allowed this Steeler fan to scrunch in with them.
I'm not overly big or a fighter but I would be darned if someone would keep me from what I paid for or for me to not have the same rights others also have.
I would have either got in a fight getting my butt kicked or not but, I would have taken my seat minus a few teeth or probably just called security.
I have to live with myself and being a coward or a bully is something I couldn't live with.
I don't get to a lot of Steeler games but the worse fans I ever dealt with were the Eagle fans and they were in our stadium back in the Three river Stadium days.

hawaiiansteel
08-21-2011, 02:14 AM
nowadays you can't even get into a good old-fashioned fist fight with anyone because you never know if they'll have a gun...

2 shot after Raiders-49ers football game at Candlestick Park

August 20, 2011

Two people were wounded Saturday night after a pre-season game between the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.

Few details were immediately available. But San Francisco police Sgt. Michael Andraychak told the Associated Press the shooting occured after 8 p.m.

He said the victims were in their 20s; one is expected to survive, the other suffered life-threatening injuries.

It's unclear whether a team rivalry played a role in the shooting, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

No suspects are in custody.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... park-.html (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/08/2-shot-in-after-raiders-49ers-football-game-at-candlestick-park-.html)

fordfixer
08-21-2011, 02:18 AM
2 shot in SF parking lot after Raiders-49ers game
http://news.yahoo.com/2-shot-sf-parking ... 27889.html (http://news.yahoo.com/2-shot-sf-parking-lot-raiders-49ers-game-051427889.html)

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) Two men were shot and wounded in the parking lot of Candlestick Park after a preseason NFL game Saturday night between the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders, police said.

The shootings occurred around 8 p.m., shortly after the 49ers' 17-3 victory, police Sgt. Michael Andraychak said.

The victims are a 24-year-old man who was in a hospital with life-threatening injuries and a 20-year-old man who was hospitalized and was expected to survive, Andraychack said. Their names have not been released.

"We don't know if these guys are fans of either ball club, we have not confirmed that, we don't even know if they attended the game, though that's a safe assumption," Andraychak said.

Police have not made any arrests or identified any suspects, and could not immediately say how many assailants there may have been.

It was also unclear what the victims were doing in the parking lot.

The 49ers issued a statement acknowledging the shootings and the investigation, but offering no further details.

The violence was not the first involving a San Francisco sports team's game this year.

In March, San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was severely beaten by two men in Los Angeles Dodgers gear outside Dodger Stadium after the teams' season opener. He remains in San Francisco hospital with in serious condition with brain injuries. Two suspects have been charged in the case.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Especially in TX, in terms of not knowing if someone has a gun.

I'm going to have a talk with SASF, Jr. - no smack tack with Texan fans. We might even take off our Jersey leaving the stadium.

What a shame to even have to think this way ...

fezziwig
08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Talk about stupid for whatever reason this stuff happened. It is a shame when your in fear of wearing your team colors or logo. There are a couple of people here in my area that moved in that are from Boston and they have their Cheats flags on their house. No one does anything to them except for the wise guy ribbing that makes the sport for us fans fun.

Didn't we have something like this that happened a few years ago after a Steeler game where another fan was either stabbed, shot or beaten ? I can't remember if the person died or not or if it happened in a Steeler bar, parking lot etc. I also think someone got rundown after a game too at one point. Not saying that was done on purpose but, we have some douche type fans also.

I would think long and hard about driving my vehicle to a Browns game in fear that my truck got trashed while in the parking lot.

JTP53609
08-21-2011, 10:39 AM

as a fellow exerciseholic, I am thoroughly impressed and I almost cannot believe that you preacer curl 315...Curling 3 45's and a 5 on EACH SIDE while sitting down?? Schwarzenegger could not even do that in his prime. And you probably should tryout for the NFL, I dont care that you are 48, a few years ago Casey Hampton was the NFL's strongest man and he benched 225 lbs 40 times, you are doing 315/ 23 which breaks down to being stronger..

hawaiiansteel
08-21-2011, 01:54 PM

as a fellow exerciseholic, I am thoroughly impressed and I almost cannot believe that you preacer curl 315...Curling 3 45's and a 5 on EACH SIDE while sitting down?? Schwarzenegger could not even do that in his prime. And you probably should tryout for the NFL, I dont care that you are 48, a few years ago Casey Hampton was the NFL's strongest man and he benched 225 lbs 40 times, you are doing 315/ 23 which breaks down to being stronger..

what I'm impressed with is the 31" waistline while you are 5'11" and 257 lbs.

I exercise a lot and I'm in pretty good shape at 5'10" and 200 lbs with a 34" waistline and no matter what I tried I could never go back down to a 31...that was back in high school.

insanesteelersfan
08-21-2011, 02:03 PM

I exercise a lot and I'm in pretty good shape at 5'10" and 200 lbs with a 34" waistline and no matter what I tried I could never go back down to a 31...that was back in high school.

Hawaiian, Isometrics, and Interval training are the keys IMHO. One reason why I carry so much weight is because of all my early in life hard leg training. My Quads to this day are HUGE! As well as my whole lower half. To be honest, all my personal best weight Maxes have not been attempted by me in some time. But I am strong as ever, or at least I feel that I am :lol: But the KEY as stated for me is when I get on my treadmill, and instead of running for 5 straight miles, or walking,,,I go and walk at about 4.2 MPH for about 3 minutes at a 10.0 grade, then I lower the grade to around 6.0, and sprint at 15 MPH for 45 seconds, then bring it back down to 3.5 MPH and a even grade for 2 minutes, then repeat the whole thing 6 times. I'm telling you Hawaiian,,,,this routine KILLS you. And unlike a straight Jog or walk, this routine keeps your bodies engine running for days....burning off calories after calories. Add in the HIT I do, and that builds my strength.

No big secret to it sir.

JTP53609
08-21-2011, 02:19 PM
muscle confusion is key as you know..keep that body guessing, that treadmill workout is a good one....I am a marathon guy (well I run one a year, does not make me too much of a marathon guy) so I try to stay in cardio shape and because I run so much my lifting does not have the same effects it did when I was in college...I am going to do your treadmill workout tomorrow and see how that goes, I do similar stuff...obviously I am doing that at a gym not my home treadmill, that kind of workout is not good for the treadmill I have to keep up with haha

flippy
08-21-2011, 03:02 PM

I was gonna guess he must have a 31" neck or a backside the size of Eric Green's (that dude's legs were as big as the average person).

flippy
08-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Hawaiian, Isometrics, and Interval training are the keys IMHO. One reason why I carry so much weight is because of all my early in life hard leg training. My Quads to this day are HUGE! As well as my whole lower half. To be honest, all my personal best weight Maxes have not been attempted by me in some time. But I am strong as ever, or at least I feel that I am :lol: But the KEY as stated for me is when I get on my treadmill, and instead of running for 5 straight miles, or walking,,,I go and walk at about 4.2 MPH for about 3 minutes at a 10.0 grade, then I lower the grade to around 6.0, and sprint at 15 MPH for 45 seconds, then bring it back down to 3.5 MPH and a even grade for 2 minutes, then repeat the whole thing 6 times. I'm telling you Hawaiian,,,,this routine KILLS you. And unlike a straight Jog or walk, this routine keeps your bodies engine running for days....burning off calories after calories. Add in the HIT I do, and that builds my strength.

No big secret to it sir.

p90x

hawaiiansteel
08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
August 22, 2011

Report: 49ers-Raiders series to end

ESPN.com news services

While most of the world has had to deal with hooliganism, the American stadium is quickly becoming a place of dangerous fan violence.

The San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders will end their annual preseason matchup as a result of the violence at Saturday's game, the San Jose Mercury News reported Monday, citing a high-ranking NFL source.

The source told the newspaper that both the NFL and local police are in favor of ending the preseason rivalry game.

On Monday San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee denounced the violence at the game at Candlestick Park, saying he witnessed some of the brawls himself as he sat in the stands.

Lee said Monday that he watched with horror as he saw several confrontations among fans. He called the behavior irresponsible.

Two men were seriously injured in the violence during and after the game on Saturday night. One victim was shot several times, while the other was beaten unconscious.

The public information officer at San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center said both patients brought there, a 26-year-old assault victim and a 25-year-old gunshot victim, were upgraded to fair condition Monday.

A number of videos have popped up online showing some of the brawls.

Lee says he's working with police and the 49ers to review the tapes and identify people involved in the fights.

The Bay Area Newsgroup, citing a source familiar with the police investigation, reported that Saturday's violence is suspected to have been sparked by friction between the Nortenos and Surenos gangs.

49ers president Jed York said in an appearance on KNBR radio in San Francisco on Monday that there was more security than usual for Saturday's game and there will be even more security for Saturday's game against the Houston Texans.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68849 ... eport-says (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6884942/san-francisco-49ers-oakland-raiders-end-preseason-rivalry-report-says)

BackwoodsSteeler
08-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Of course Flippy, maybe the reason why I never get bothered too much at games is one,,,I am a pretty big guy. Not tall, at 5ft, 11, but I am 257 Lbs, and I carry only a 31 waistline. I also still at 48 bench 365 a total of 23 Reps, and preacher curl 315 Lbs. So maybe that has something to do with it
:lol: :lol:
Congratulate yourself sir. You have just entered the rhelm of keyboard douche bag. :Bow :lol:

flippy
08-23-2011, 12:07 AM
I'd have to admit, I'm probably the weakest guy on the board.

I think the most I've ever benched was maybe 120lbs. I'm not really a gym rat. I'll go on occassion but only ever lift something that I can comfortably lift a bunch of times. And to me a bunch is probably 10 times.

I did do 100 pushups a day every morning in high school. But 100 lbs seemed really heavy to me? I never really got lifting. People must have different kinds of muscles. I've seen 170 lb guys lift 300 lbs. And I've seen 300 lbs guys that could barely lift 100 lbs.

I was also paranoid to put more weight on the bar than would comfortably rest on my chest in case I got stuck. I had a friend that had a weight lifting accident where the bar dropped on the guy's neck and I've always been squeamish around gyms.

RuthlessBurgher
08-23-2011, 12:16 AM
I believe our former LB David Little died when lifting alone at home.

hawaiiansteel
08-23-2011, 02:23 AM

yes, that was very tragic...I always liked David Little.

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2005/03/18/06/Little_David_51954.jpg

Former Pittsburgh Steelers' pro linebacker David Little dies in weightlifting accident

David Little, a durable linebacker for the Steelers who was voted to the Pro Bowl in 1990, recently died following a weightlifting accident at his home in Miami.

He was 46.

Little had heart disease, and a cardiac fluttering caused him to drop at least 250 pounds of weights on his chest. The weight bar then rolled onto his neck and suffocated him, according to the coroner.

His sons, David Jr. and Darien, discovered him at home.

Little played his entire 12-year career in Pittsburgh after he was drafted out of Florida in the seventh round in 1981. He started 125 of the 179 games he played for the Steelers and once played 89 in a row.

Little then went on to lead the club in tackles five times, and was a 1990 Pro Bowl selection. His last season in the NFL was 1992.

His older brother, Larry Little, was an All-Pro guard for the Miami Dolphins.

His wife, Denise, his mother, daughter and four sisters, also survive Little.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... n13611437/ (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_15_107/ai_n13611437/)

steelblood
08-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Their fans are as much as thugs as their team players are. No surprise a Ray Lewis jersey was there to be seen. Had there been a knife in the dudes hand I figured it would have actually been Ray Ray.

Ray Lewis was credited with 2 and 1/2 tackles for that fight.

fezziwig
08-23-2011, 05:05 PM

yes, that was very tragic...I always liked David Little.

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2005/03/18/06/Little_David_51954.jpg

Former Pittsburgh Steelers' pro linebacker David Little dies in weightlifting accident

David Little, a durable linebacker for the Steelers who was voted to the Pro Bowl in 1990, recently died following a weightlifting accident at his home in Miami.

He was 46.

Little had heart disease, and a cardiac fluttering caused him to drop at least 250 pounds of weights on his chest. The weight bar then rolled onto his neck and suffocated him, according to the coroner.

His sons, David Jr. and Darien, discovered him at home.

Little played his entire 12-year career in Pittsburgh after he was drafted out of Florida in the seventh round in 1981. He started 125 of the 179 games he played for the Steelers and once played 89 in a row.

Little then went on to lead the club in tackles five times, and was a 1990 Pro Bowl selection. His last season in the NFL was 1992.

His older brother, Larry Little, was an All-Pro guard for the Miami Dolphins.

His wife, Denise, his mother, daughter and four sisters, also survive Little.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... n13611437/ (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_15_107/ai_n13611437/)

That's horrible. Gods blessing to his family with dealing with this.......

fezziwig
08-23-2011, 05:06 PM

Ray Lewis was credited with 2 and 1/2 tackles for that fight.

Dude !!!!!!!!! That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time and what makes it so funny, it could possibly be true !!!!!!!!!

D Rock
09-07-2011, 12:54 PM

[youtube:2owpfffs]UE6iAjEv9dQ&ob[/youtube:2owpfffs]

flippy
09-07-2011, 09:48 PM

[youtube:dugdko85]UE6iAjEv9dQ&ob[/youtube:dugdko85]

That guy's got a better life than most of us :)

RuthlessBurgher
09-08-2011, 07:12 PM
At the end of that video, Marcia Brady grabs George Costanza's @$$.

Our own costanza2k1 better avoid going to New England games, or else he may risk being goosed by the other Marcia Brady. :mrgreen: