PDA

View Full Version : Suh Fined Already

Discipline of Steel
08-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Jeez, this season is going to suck.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... ne-for-hit (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-17/ndamukong-suh-not-happy-with-20k-fine-for-hit)

Ghost
08-18-2011, 08:34 AM
This poor kid is screwed for his career. With the haphazard way things are officiated he's got the lable and will get called fro roughing the passer all the time. Damn shame what's happened to the game.

feltdizz
08-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Poor Suh keeps grabbing QB's by their heads and twist and rips their helmets when it's clear they aren't going anywhere.

I have no problem with that fine. He needs to stop head hunting....

rpmpit
08-18-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm just glad there's a new "dirtiest player" in the league. It is a shame though.

BTW, I was watching the opening sequence of Total Access where they were talking about Suh being fined. And though I didn't watch the whole show, it looked like they had Rodney Harrison interviewing Suh about it. Isn't that like having OJ interview Casey Anthony????

BradshawsHairdresser
08-18-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm just glad there's a new "dirtiest player" in the league. It is a shame though.

BTW, I was watching the opening sequence of Total Access where they were talking about Suh being fined. And though I didn't watch the whole show, it looked like they had Rodney Harrison interviewing Suh about it. Isn't that like having OJ interview Casey Anthony????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or maybe more like having Casey Anthony interview OJ. :wink:

birtikidis
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Jax undrafted rookie linebacker gets fine also... for a hit on a NE qb.. whoda thought

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6871753/jacksonville-jaguars-undrafted-rookie-mike-lockley-fined-20k-hit

hawaiiansteel
08-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Poor Suh keeps grabbing QB's by their heads and twist and rips their helmets when it's clear they aren't going anywhere.

I have no problem with that fine. He needs to stop head hunting....

Tony Dungy: Ndamukong Suh has to change

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 18, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/610x10.jpg?w=250

Former Colts and Buccaneers coach Tony Dungy says Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh needs to change his approach to the game.

Asked on the Dan Patrick Show what he would say if he were Suh’s coach, Dungy said he’d tell Suh that he has to stop getting personal foul penalties.

“He’s going to have to change some of the things he does,” Dungy said of Suh. “I know he’s saying, ‘Hey, they’re targeting me, they’re looking out for me.’ Well, you may be the comparison to Shaquille O’Neal: If you want to stay in the game and not foul out, even though they may be targeting you or looking at you differently, you’ve got to do some things to stay in the game. That’s what he’s going to have to do, and make adjustments.”

Suh’s latest penalty and fine came for slamming Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton to the ground, and Dungy said Suh needs to stop doing things like that.

“You can’t continue to get penalties and you can’t continue to draw fines and possibly get suspended,” Dungy said. “Clearly in the rules you can’t slam the quarterback.”

Dungy said that no matter how good a player Suh is, the Lions can’t afford to let him pile up 15-yard penalties.

“There are going to be times when you have to change,” Dungy said. “If they’re saying you’re hitting the man too hard, you have to change or else you’re putting your team in jeopardy.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... to-change/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/18/tony-dungy-ndamukong-suh-has-to-change/)

feltdizz
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I have no problem with Suh hitting guys as hard as he wants... the problem is most of his shots are to the head.

He is good enough to tackle these guys without ripping their heads off.

Prowler
08-18-2011, 03:39 PM
You can't be grabbing QB's by the helmet and not expect to get fined. You need to lower that target area Suh!!

After the first week of preseason it looks as if the players have done a pretty good job of lowering the target area, IMO. I have no real problem with the new rules as long as they don't change those rules during the season and teams like the Steelers are not singled out as a result of them. Be fair refs!!

I admit, I was really scared before the first preseason game about having a penaltyfest but surprisingly this did not happen. I was worried that you could not hit a QB passing the ball or in the act of passing the ball. I was wrong as the rule only comes into effect for hits to head area and shoulders, thankfully.

Me thinks learning proper technique by the players now might actually help out the defenses at least I hope so.

chiken
08-18-2011, 08:01 PM
You can't be grabbing QB's by the helmet and not expect to get fined. You need to lower that target area Suh!!

After the first week of preseason it looks as if the players have done a pretty good job of lowering the target area, IMO. I have no real problem with the new rules as long as they don't change those rules during the season and teams like the Steelers are not singled out as a result of them. Be fair refs!!

I admit, I was really scared before the first preseason game about having a penaltyfest but surprisingly this did not happen. I was worried that you could not hit a QB passing the ball or in the act of passing the ball. I was wrong as the rule only comes into effect for hits to head area and shoulders, thankfully.

Me thinks learning proper technique by the players now might actually help out the defenses at least I hope so.

Hold that thought my friend - Harrison plays tonight.

NorthCoast
08-20-2011, 08:30 AM
So I was watching the first half of the Browns game last night and McCoy was hit by a blitzer right on his planted knee. Of course, it was a roughing penalty but the announcer mentioned "that's the Tom Brady rule". So is this the future legacy of the NFL? We have the "Hines Ward rule", "the Tom Brady rule".....what's next? Big hit, get a penalty named after you.