PDA

View Full Version : DB Dockery

sentinel33
08-17-2011, 01:11 PM
At 5'8, 190 he's smallish. But from what I hear, he knows how to handle the slot real well.

This could fix 1/3 of the secondary right off the break.

costanza2k1
08-17-2011, 01:14 PM
At 5'8, 190 he's smallish. But from what I hear, he knows how to handle the slot real well.

Anything at this point will help...honestly outside of kickoff/punt coverage skills...can anyone be worse thank Anthony Madison in the secondary.

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Steelers waive WR Sweed, sign CB Dockery
ProFootballWeekly.com
3 hours, 29 minutes ago

Steelers waive WR Sweed, sign CB Dockery The Steelers waived/injured WR Limas Sweed(notes) on Wednesday and added a pair of defensive backs, including former Giants and Rams CB Kevin Dockery(notes).

Sweed, a third-year pro out of Texas, did not play in 2010. In 2008 and 2009 with the Steelers, he had seven catches in 20 games.

The Steelers signed Dockery and former Redskins FS Macho Harris(notes).

Dockery played in 10 games with three starts last season in St. Louis. He recorded 22 tackles and an interception. Dockery spent the first four seasons of his career with the Giants and has four career picks. He mainly played the nickel position in St. Louis.

Harris played in just three games for Washington in 2010 after playing in 15 games with eight starts for the Eagles in 2009, when he made 41 tackles and two passes defensed.

The Steelers also waived TE Eugene Bright(notes) off the physically-unable-to-perform list.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=pfw-20110817_steelers_waive_wr_sweed_sign_cb_dockery

Oviedo
08-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Signing all these DBs can speak well for where the team believs we are talent wise.

Maybe they should quit trying to "hit it big" with retreads and go get a player like Asante Samuel. It would cost but the results would be more of a sure thing than they have now.

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Signing all these DBs can speak well for where the team believs we are talent wise.

Maybe they should quit trying to "hit it big" with retreads and go get a player like Asante Samuel. It would cost but the results would be more of a sure thing than they have now.

Where would that money come from? Prevent us from re-signing Timmons or Polamalu or Wallace in order to bring in a 30 year old CB (and have to give up a prime draft pick as well, since there is no way in hell that the Eagles are parting with him for a day 3 pick)?

steelblood
08-17-2011, 02:02 PM
I hope this move doesn't push Cortez Allen on the PS to start the year. He is still nursing an injury and hasn't had a chance to prove anything so it is quite possible. If we don't get him on the active 53, another team will snatch him up.

grotonsteel
08-17-2011, 03:18 PM

I think Asante Samuel contract is not that bad but Iggles are asking for two 2nd Rd draft picks and that is too steep.

I still believe Steelers should have gone after Carlos Rodgers. He signed a one-yr deal wtih 49ers believed to be in range of 4 million dollars. Now i don't think Carlos is a No.1 CB in this league but he would have been a great No.2 CB.

hawaiiansteel
08-17-2011, 03:58 PM

Kevin Dockery was an UDFA coming out of college who ended up signing with the NY Giants. when his contract was up Dockery was not even offered a RFA tender by the Giants.

Dockery then had a poor season with the Rams who made no effort to try and re-sign him. so how exactly is Dockery going to fix 1/3 of the secondary right off the break?

sentinel33
08-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Cause he replaces madison. and he's gotta be better than madison.

that's how.

Further more, the Giants were loaded with high round picks and FA acquisitions when they released him.

I know he has had some injuries, but from what I've read, he's quite solid in the slot when healthy. I've seen " feisty" and "competitive" associated with him.

just have to wait and see.

hawaiiansteel
08-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Cause he replaces madison. and he's gotta be better than madison.

that's how.

that's like saying you're taller than a midget.

that doesn't fix 1/3 of our secondary, at best Dockery might provide some depth at a time when our secondary has a lot of injuries.

steelblood
08-17-2011, 11:42 PM

I think Asante Samuel contract is not that bad but Iggles are asking for two 2nd Rd draft picks and that is too steep.

I still believe Steelers should have gone after Carlos Rodgers. He signed a one-yr deal wtih 49ers believed to be in range of 4 million dollars. Now i don't think Carlos is a No.1 CB in this league but he would have been a great No.2 CB.

Rogers signed for 4 mil? Aren't we paying BMac 5 mil this year? Yoi and Double yoi.

RuthlessBurgher
08-18-2011, 12:13 AM

Rogers signed for 4 mil? Aren't we paying BMac 5 mil this year? Yoi and Double yoi.

BMac is scheduled to make $2.5 mil for this year and $2.5 mil for next year. So he scheduled to make $5 mil for the next 2 seasons combined.