PDA

View Full Version : Huey Richardson 2.0 is about to be released

insanesteelersfan
08-15-2011, 01:55 PM
The Bills are FINALLY gonna let go of their horrific 2009 1st round pick,
Aaron Maybin, the DE out of Penn State. Man, what a HUGE Bust this guy has been. Probably second only to the Ohio State pretty Boy, Vernon Gholston the year before. So, all steeler fan who are also Penn State fans,,,PLEASE,,,No lets bring in Maybin " Posts " :2c

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... alo-is-up/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/15/aaron-maybins-time-in-buffalo-is-up/)

NW Steeler
08-15-2011, 01:55 PM
For some reason I thought this post was going to be about Worilds.

hawaiiansteel
08-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Alonzo Jackson and Bruce Davis were Huey Richardson 2.0s...you gotta be a Steelers player in order to qualify for such a low honor.

insanesteelersfan
08-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Alonzo Jackson and Bruce Davis were Huey Richardson 2.0s...you gotta be a Steelers player in order to qualify for such a low honor.

No, you don't. You just have to be a 1st round pick,,,Jackson and Davis were not. So they can't be regarded anywhere CLOSE to being a Huey Richardson-like Bust! As where Maybin was a first rounder. Was regarded one of those Hybird, pass-rushers who are very light, and slight of build. Now, I'm not saying that there hasn't been other types like those two who have gone on to NFL success, cause there has.

But in no way does a 2nd and mid-3rd round draft picks ever can compare to a top-15 selection.

hawaiiansteel
08-15-2011, 03:38 PM

No, you don't. You just have to be a 1st round pick,,,Jackson and Davis were not. So they can't be regarded anywhere CLOSE to being a Huey Richardson-like Bust! As where Maybin was a first rounder. Was regarded one of those Hybird, pass-rushers who are very light, and slight of build. Now, I'm not saying that there hasn't been other types like those two who have gone on to NFL success, cause there has.

But in no way does a 2nd and mid-3rd round draft picks ever can compare to a top-15 selection.

ok, you make a good point about having to be a 1st round bust so I'll compromise with ya...

Aaron Maybin is Vernon Gholston 2.0.

phillyesq
08-15-2011, 05:36 PM
For some reason I thought this post was going to be about Worilds.

So did I, and I was disappointed.

I'm hoping to see Worilds step in and start contributing this year.

SteelerNation1
08-15-2011, 11:15 PM
I was under the assumption that jamain Stephens was the official huey 2.0. No?

AkronSteel
08-16-2011, 02:08 AM

:HeadBanger

Stephens was a flippin disaster!!! I knew that guy was gonna be terrible when we drafted him.

birtikidis
08-16-2011, 05:11 PM

:HeadBanger

Stephens was a flippin disaster!!! I knew that guy was gonna be terrible when we drafted him.
Troy Edwards could go up there too
Was Tim Worley Huey Richardson Beta Version 2?
annnd was Mark Malone Huey Richardson Beta Version 1?

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Actually, Worley was drafted 7th overall 2 years before Richardson was drafted 15th overall. Looking back on these years makes Colbert's string of successful first round picks all the more remarkable.

birtikidis
08-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Actually, Worley was drafted 7th overall 2 years before Richardson was drafted 15th overall. Looking back on these years makes Colbert's string of successful first round picks all the more remarkable.
That's why he's beta version 2
Malone was also a first rounder. Of course, he was mainly a bust because of his knee injury, so he gets a little bit of a pass.

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Malone was also a first rounder. Of course, he was mainly a bust because of his knee injury, so he gets a little bit of a pass.

Okay...got it. Beta testing comes before the actual release of a product. When I first read it, I thought you were saying that Worley was Huey 2.0 rather than Beta version 2. Makes sense now.

birtikidis
08-16-2011, 06:55 PM

Okay...got it. Beta testing comes before the actual release of a product. When I first read it, I thought you were saying that Worley was Huey 2.0 rather than Beta version 2. Makes sense now.
You're over thinking this man

fordfixer
08-16-2011, 11:07 PM

You're over thinking this man
That don't happen often :lol: :lol:

hawaiiansteel
08-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Jets offer one-year deal to Aaron Maybin

Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/aaronmaybingetty.jpg?w=141

In 2008, the Jets used a first-round pick on linebacker Vernon Gholston, who became a colossal bust. Hes now a member of the Bears.

The following year, the Bills used a first-round pick on linebacker Aaron Maybin. They cut the cord after only two seasons.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets have offered Maybin, who cleared waivers earlier today, a one-year deal. Per Mehta, five or six other teams have made a similar offer.

Maybin, like Gholston, has no career sacks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-maybin/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/16/jets-offer-one-year-deal-to-aaron-maybin/)