PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Bryant

steelblood
08-14-2011, 11:45 PM
I just rewatched the game. Bryant (#71) really played well. He had two tackles for loss on consecutive plays. He generally moved his man into the backfield and shows very nice athleticism.

On the other hand, I was less impressed with Anthony Gray after the rewatch. Gray hustles to the ball. But, he does not anchor well and was often pushed back by the center by himself.

hawaiiansteel
08-15-2011, 01:43 AM
I was hoping the Steelers would draft Corbin Bryant in a later round and was very happy when I heard he signed with us as an UDFA.

Bryant supposedly has been doing well in practices and I too thought he played well against the Redskins. hopefully Bryant can make it on the practice squad and continue to develop and take either Smitty or Keisel's place on the roster one day.

steelblood
08-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Exactly. He is a perfect practice squad guy. Give him a year to learn the technique and we'll see if he can cut it against first teamers next season.

Oviedo
08-15-2011, 08:21 AM
They thought they could hide Sunny Harris, Doug Worthington and Thaddeus Gibson on the PS too. Our PS is at the top of the list that other teams look to raid. If Bryant has a strong preseason I doubt he stays on our our PS. He will get grabbed.

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2011, 10:06 AM
I was hoping the Steelers would draft Corbin Bryant in a later round and was very happy when I heard he signed with us as an UDFA.

Bryant supposedly has been doing well in practices and I too thought he played well against the Redskins. hopefully Bryant can make it on the practice squad and continue to develop and take either Smitty or Keisel's place on the roster one day.

Ziggy Hood and Cam Heyward might have something to say about that.

hawaiiansteel
08-15-2011, 01:49 PM

once Smitty and/or Keisel retire there will be an opening for another DE on the roster no matter how well Ziggy and Heyward play. somebody will still need to back them up and provide DE depth behind the starters...

birtikidis
08-15-2011, 01:51 PM

once Smitty and/or Keisel retire there will be an opening for another DE on the roster no matter how well Ziggy and Heyward play. somebody will still need to back them up and provide DE depth behind the starters...
so what you meant to say was that you hoped that he would someday take Heyward and Hoods current position someday. After they take Smitty and Diesels spot.

hawaiiansteel
08-15-2011, 02:22 PM

so what you meant to say was that you hoped that he would someday take Heyward and Hoods current position someday. After they take Smitty and Diesels spot.

yes, that's what I meant. just like Ziggy and Heyward are providing us with tremendous depth this season behind Smitty and Keisel we will need other guys to step up and provide us with that same type of depth once Ziggy and Heyward become starters.