PDA

View Full Version : that was 2 minutes of painful tv.....

Starlifter
08-13-2011, 09:29 AM
yeah, i know it's pre-season and I know it's the scrubs in BUT the last 2 minutes of the game was a combination of horrible football and even worse announcing. seriously, edmund nelson has got to go. I'll get to him in a moment. as for dennis dixon, I expected much more. I know he's playing with the 4th team but I expect an NFL QB to have mastered the basic skill of throwing a ball within a yard of his receivers. his performance wasn't due to lack of familiarity with the O - it was physical suckitude. He's a guy who started for us last year. I expect a player like that to elevate the performance of those around him - not allow scrubs to bring his play down to their level. just awful.

speaking of awful - we should start a new thread with awful edmund nelson quotes. too many to list but here are some of my favs for last night.

'steelers have to convert this 4th down - the game is on the line'. yeah. we're down by 2 scores and there's 40 seconds left.

'it looks like the redskins are considering challenging the catch'. ummm, not really edmund. we're in the last 2 minutes of the game.

and the best of the evening after the game

"this was an alarming performance from the steelers - but there's nothing to be alarmed about. they'll fix it."

RuthlessBurgher
08-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Coulda been worse...you coulda been subjected to the D.C. feed like me and had to listen to Theismann blabber on forever like the tool that he is.

Starlifter
08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Coulda been worse...you coulda been subjected to the D.C. feed like me and had to listen to Theismann blabber on forever like the tool that he is.

how many times did that douchebag say "the quarterback position"??

hawaiiansteel
08-13-2011, 06:21 PM
The Dumbest Sports Quotes of All Time

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann:

http://www.sportshollywood.com/dumbquotes.html