PDA

View Full Version : Dixon confirms..........

SidSmythe
08-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Dixon confirms that he sucks
and he counts $1.4 million against the cap???

focosteeler
08-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Dixon confirms that he sucks
and he counts $1.4 million against the cap???

:Agree

Djfan
08-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Who called it? I said at the end of last year that he is trade bait at best.

chiken
08-12-2011, 10:34 PM

Bait would indicate that you could catch something with him...

SidSmythe
08-12-2011, 10:34 PM

I was really hoping he'd show something tonight ... there's a sucker born everyday in the NFL and I was hoping someone would give us a 5th round for him. Time to cut our loses

Djfan
08-12-2011, 10:35 PM

Bait would indicate that you could catch something with him...

That should clear it up.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't think he's worthy of holding the clipboard for Charlie Batch. Put him in a bus with Limas Sweed and send them down the road.

insanesteelersfan
08-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Maybe we can deal him to Seattle for Portis ?

BradshawsHairdresser
08-13-2011, 09:37 AM

And we would want Portis because.........?

Oviedo
08-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Most saw that Dixon didn't have it last year. Trade him for a 7th round pick. He is a waste of a roster space.

RuthlessBurgher
08-13-2011, 02:34 PM

And we would want Portis because.........?

You can never have too many UDFA QB's from California University of Pennsylvania.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Most saw that Dixon didn't have it last year. Trade him for a 7th round pick. He is a waste of a roster space.
You actually think someone would give a 7th rounder for him at this point?

Mister Pittsburgh
08-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I am peeved we released the big kid from southern Illinois for dixon who is garbage. I guess 'knowing the system' means more to the steelers than ability does for more than just the cb position.

Djfan
08-13-2011, 07:42 PM
I am peeved we released the big kid from southern Illinois for dixon who is garbage. I guess 'knowing the system' means more to the steelers than ability does for more than just the cb position.

Yup

hawaiiansteel
08-13-2011, 07:55 PM
I am peeved we released the big kid from southern Illinois for dixon who is garbage.

the big kid from Southern Illinois must have really sucked to not be able to beat out Dixon.

flippy
08-13-2011, 08:16 PM
The one thing Dixon did show is he's a heck of an athlete. Can we just try him out at WR once? He's got some height and athleticim and some running ability in the open field.

It's the curse of #10.

I think the kid has some special talent. It's just not at QB.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-13-2011, 08:38 PM
The one thing Dixon did show is he's a heck of an athlete. Can we just try him out at WR once? He's got some height and athleticim and some running ability in the open field.

It's the curse of #10.

See if he can play CB. :lol:

SidSmythe
08-14-2011, 01:45 PM

It's the curse of #10.

See if he can play CB. :lol:

Stop picking on our CB situation! I just want it to go awayyyY!!!!
:HeadBanger

phillyesq
08-14-2011, 02:15 PM
I thought Dixon was terrible since the first game he started a few years ago against the Ravens. He proved that he had no ability to read a defense in that game.

I'd love for Dixon to have a monster preseason and create some value on the trade market. For that to happen, he'll need to throw to somebody better than Battle and company.

Assuming that none of the three are injured, it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers decide to keep Batch over Dixon.

buckeyehoppy
08-14-2011, 10:18 PM

It's the curse of #10.

Flippy, if he has that kind of athletic talent we would need him more at CB. If he can keep up with the best speed merchants in the league, he might be worth a shot there.

buckeyehoppy
08-14-2011, 10:22 PM

We aren't (necessarily) picking on the CB situ, Sid. But, it would be helpful if someone stepped up and took the bull by the b@lls and showed some playing ability to equal a starting spot for the NFL runners-up.

Wish it would go away, for sure, Sid. Problem is, it just isn't.

steelblood
08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Dixon was too indecisive and often off target. But, he didn't have much help out there. He was under constant pressure, few receivers got separation, and Battle dropped two or three balls he should have caught.

Oviedo
08-15-2011, 08:27 AM

We aren't (necessarily) picking on the CB situ, Sid. But, it would be helpful if someone stepped up and took the bull by the b@lls and showed some playing ability to equal a starting spot for the NFL runners-up.

Wish it would go away, for sure, Sid. Problem is, it just isn't.

:Agree The CB problem will be with us for the entire season.

ikestops85
08-15-2011, 08:06 PM

It's the curse of #10.

I think it is amazing how fast we are to make decisions on these guys. Dixon has started 3 whole games in his entire career and we think we can make an informed decision on how he plays based on those games. Some of you guys would have cut Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Peyton Manning, Dru Brees, and Gawd knows how many others because they didn't come out of the gate like a Marino or Rothlisberger. I'm not saying Dixon is going to turn out like the ones I've mentioned but I think it is way to early to write the guy off as being a failure.

Dixon did look horrible playing against the Foreskins but so did most of the team. I think the guy needs many more chances to prove himself and while he will never be a starter for the Steelers maybe, just maybe, in time he will be worth a draft pick in return. It's a long shot since he will be a FA at the end of the year but stranger things have happened.

steelz09
08-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Dixon isn't deserving to be a 3rd string QB. Why is he still even on this team?

flippy
08-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Dixon just isn't accurate.

The only skill I've seen out of him is he runs well in the open field. Seems like we could use that in the offense. I don't see what else he adds.

Oviedo
08-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Dixon isn't deserving to be a 3rd string QB. Why is he still even on this team?

Can't figure that one out either. He will never be more than a 3rd string QB. Keep Batch and move on.

Djfan
08-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Even if her were good to great, he will never unseat Ben. He is a waste of a spot here because Ben is too young for us to be grooming his replacement. In the short run Batch and Lefty can make things happen. The long term is too long for Dixon. There just isn't a need for him.

I wish he were better, so he could be traded.