PDA

View Full Version : Sweed?

ramblinjim
08-12-2011, 09:16 PM
does anyone know if he was scratched tonight? I haven't seen him in the game at all?

Slapstick
08-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't think he played either...probably the shoulder...

But, it isn't as though the other WRs outside of Brown distinguished themselves...

chiken
08-12-2011, 10:43 PM
I think I am officially jumping off the Sweed watch deal.. Seems like we want the kid on the team more than he does. Maybe its just bad luck or he is cursed or whatever but I'm over it.

D Rock
08-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Ricardo Colclough sucked, and I wanted to see him gone.

Alonzo Jackson sucked, and I wanted to see him gone.

Bruce Davis sucked, and a I wanted to see him gone.

Why do I keep finding myself pulling for Sweed to come through rather than wanting to see him gone???

BradshawsHairdresser
08-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Limas peed the bed as a toddler...and he still does.

Flasteel
08-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Why do I keep finding myself pulling for Sweed to come through rather than wanting to see him gone???

6-4 220 lbs, 37 inch vertical leap, and can get separation...same reasons I can't stop rooting for him. :D

RuthlessBurgher
08-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Limas peed the bed as a toddler...and he still does.

This could be the start of the anti-Chuck-Norris-facts revolution!

StarSpangledSteeler
08-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Ricardo Colclough sucked, and I wanted to see him gone.

Alonzo Jackson sucked, and I wanted to see him gone.

Bruce Davis sucked, and a I wanted to see him gone.

Well said, D Rock...

I find myself in the same boat. I think that at least some of the coaching staff feels the same way. I think he is similar to Timmons ( i said similar not identical) in that he has physical tools but it's taking him a long time to develop (although for different reasons). I truly believe that if Sweed were given starter minutes he would work out some of his issues. Unfortunately that is not how the NFL works.

Notleadpoisoned
08-13-2011, 07:05 AM
When I saw some other Steelers wideout (Robinson?) wearing Sweed's #14 in the game last night the first thing I thought was that Sweed must have been cut already. Well, unless of course Sweed is sporting a new jersey # this season or the team is duplicating numbers just for camp.

RuthlessBurgher
08-13-2011, 02:21 PM
When I saw some other Steelers wideout (Robinson?) wearing Sweed's #14 in the game last night the first thing I thought was that Sweed must have been cut already. Well, unless of course Sweed is sporting a new jersey # this season or the team is duplicating numbers just for camp.

Sweed switched to Plax's old #80 last year (before injuring his Achilles). Or perhaps it is a tribute to the immortal Cedrick Wilson instead.

Notleadpoisoned
08-13-2011, 03:21 PM

Sweed switched to Plax's old #80 last year (before injuring his Achilles). Or perhaps it is a tribute to the immortal Cedrick Wilson instead.
That's interesting because I know for a fact that I saw a Limas Sweed #14 jersey in a store just a few months ago. It must have been on clearance, just like Sweed's career.

Slapstick
08-13-2011, 04:42 PM
He changed his number to signify a new start after his personal issues were dealt with...new number, new start...

He'll have plenty of opportunities to prove himself...Wes Lyons and Tyler Grisham didn't push him off the roster last night...

Slapstick
08-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Hell, Battle dropped three passes...

NJ-STEELER
08-13-2011, 05:16 PM
There are Duplicate numbers

Someone on the OL had sylvester's 55

hawaiiansteel
08-13-2011, 05:30 PM
That's interesting because I know for a fact that I saw a Limas Sweed #14 jersey in a store just a few months ago. It must have been on clearance, just like Sweed's career.

you should have bought it, Limas' #14 jersey could be a real collector's item someday... :D

NorthCoast
08-13-2011, 06:26 PM
I already am on record that Limas doesnt make it through camp this season. he needs to start afresh somewhere else to get his head straight.

Slapstick
08-13-2011, 09:01 PM
I already am on record that Limas doesnt make it through camp this season. he needs to start afresh somewhere else to get his head straight.

What do you or the Steelers gain if you are right?

calmkiller
08-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Limas was dressed in full pads on the side line. When the media asked Tomlin why he didn't play....if it was because of his shoulder injury Tomlin replied "He didn't play". Doesn't sound good to me. Seems like he just didn't make it in the game.

aggiebones
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
He's feigning injury again. So as soon as he's healthy, they will cut him without playing a down of preseason.

NorthCoast
08-14-2011, 08:36 AM

What do you or the Steelers gain if you are right?

Quite simply, nothing. Just that all the drooling over a WR that has pretty much failed in the first 3 seasons of his career is wishful dreaming. With the Cotchery signing, I think this tells us where the staff thinks things sit right now.

feltdizz
08-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Any word on this joker's progress?

BradshawsHairdresser
08-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Yep. The definitive word came down today.

hawaiiansteel
08-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Sweed's Release With Injury A Familiar Tune

by Neal Coolong on Aug 17, 2011

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1295326/37147960E.jpg

Limas Sweed being placed on waivers with an injury is the most appropriate way to end his often frustrating time in Pittsburgh. He was rarely healthy - whether it was physically or mentally, he missed substantial time due to both - and while his potential was always sky-high, it ended up being only that. Potentially great, usually injured.

Sweed, the Steelers second round pick in 2008, had the size and breakaway ability of a big-time NFL receiver. At 6-foot-4, he ran like a deer, causing levels of separation usually attributed to the league's elite receivers. Speed was never an issue. His hands were. Creating that kind of separation is only helpful if he catches the ball. He dropped a touchdown in what would have been a death blow to Baltimore in the AFC Championship game in January of 2009. He dropped another would-be touchdown at Cincinnati in 2010 - another score that would have all but ended the game. The Steelers hung on to defeat the Ravens, courtesy of a Troy Polamalu interception score in the fourth quarter, but the dropped pass against Cincinnati left the door open. The Bengals came back to win, and went on to win the division. Pittsburgh finished 9-7, missing the playoffs. Sweed never recovered. In December of 2009, he was placed on injured reserve with a non-football related illness. Shortly into spring practice in 2010, Sweed blew out his Achilles, ending his season again. SteelerNation always had high hopes for Sweed despite the injuries and drops. He had a chance to make the team this season, but a shoulder injury early into camp kept him off the field for the majority of the time. He didn't play in the preseason-opening loss at Washington, and his release came a day after BTSC's John Stephens reported newly signed WR Jerricho Cotchery had an excellent practice. Some will speculate Sweed is another second round bust draft pick under GM Kevin Colbert.

Others will express concern that he will eventually get it together and have a nice career. When the rubber meets the road, Sweed just couldn't get on the field. And the fact he was waived with an injury (meaning the Steelers have to pay his 2011 salary unless another team picks him up) is a sad but predictable way for him to leave.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... ed-injured (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/8/17/2368391/limas-sweed-waived-injured)

BradshawsHairdresser
08-18-2011, 12:20 PM
the Steelers have to pay his 2011 salary unless another team picks him up

Talk about adding insult to injury...