PDA

View Full Version : Source: WR Lee Evans dealt to Ravens

Dee Dub
08-12-2011, 01:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68567 ... ource-says (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6856738/baltimore-ravens-land-lee-evans-deal-buffalo-bills-source-says)

steeler_george
08-12-2011, 01:26 PM
With him and baldwin they should have solid receiver play.

Dee Dub
08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Who's Evens and Baldwin??

Is that Even Stevens and one of the Baldwin brothers?

I dont think the Steelers need to worry about those two. :P

BradshawsHairdresser
08-12-2011, 01:34 PM
No wonder they weren't that eager to sign Cotchery...

Slapstick
08-12-2011, 01:35 PM
That very ESPN like leads to an evaluation that states that Evans caught only 45% of his targeted passes...

Nice...

Notleadpoisoned
08-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Doesn't Jonathon Baldwin play for the Chiefs? Or is there some other guy on the Ravens named Baldwin that I didn't know about?

phillyesq
08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
That's a nice pickup for the Ravens, and Evans should give them some of the speed that they're sorely lacking. But even with Evans, who has always been inconsistent, I'm still not too worried about their WRs.

I'd also much rather have Cotchery as a FA signing then give up a 4th for Lee Evans.

steeler_george
08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
boldin-baldwin same thing. lol

thanks for the corrections

Notleadpoisoned
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM

Sorry. I didn't even think of Boldin. My bad.

Dee Dub
08-12-2011, 02:06 PM

I was just playin with ya my man. No harm intended. :Cheers

Steelgal
08-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Isn't gonna matter much if Flacco only has 3 seconds to throw. His line, granted it is preseason, looked horrid last night. It was quite funny reading there during/after the game. Granted, may get the same thing during tonight during the Steelers game from some of our posters too (not necessarily this board but a few others I visit).

Also Ozzie better start looking harder for a backup QB because they have nothing. I actually read where several Rats fans wouldn't mind picking up Dixon or Leftwich, if we let them go. Unfortunately I think Batch will be odd-man out this year. Hopefully they can retain him as some type of coach though. He's good for Ben.

Lebsteel
08-12-2011, 02:34 PM
LEE EVANS...oh, ok. Evans and Boldin. Now, I understand.

RuthlessBurgher
08-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Looks like they gave up a 4th rounder for him. He does still have some speed, so it will be an improvement over the slow-as-molasses T.J. Houshmanzadeh and Derrick Mason from last year. They won't have to rely on rookie Torrey Smith to be their deep threat now.

sentinel33
08-12-2011, 03:51 PM
While I do agree that the ravens O-line is an issue(as ours might be), Evans finally has a QB who actually can play a little. be interesting to see if that matters or not. that was a nice pick up by the ravens, though.

hawaiiansteel
08-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Ravens smart to land Lee Evans

AUG 12
By James Walker

On Monday, I suggested the Baltimore Ravens call the Buffalo Bills and inquire about Lee Evans. On Friday, the Ravens landed Evans in a trade for next year's fourth-round pick.

This is a nice rebound by Baltimore's front office. The Ravens miscalculated their receiver situation in free agency by releasing Derrick Mason and pursuing a younger, more dynamic Malcom Floyd. Baltimore eventually whiffed on Floyd and it was too late to turn back to Mason, who signed a one-year contract with the New York Jets.

That left the Ravens with a pair of rookies as their No. 2 and No. 3 receivers. Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss may become good players down the road. But if Baltimore is serious about winning a championship in 2011, it can't rely on Smith and Doss to lead that charge this season.

Evans brings deep speed and a veteran presence. According to ESPN's Stats & Information, Evans is third in yards per catch (15.7) among active receivers with at least 300 receptions. Only Greg Jennings (16.2) of the Green Bay Packers and Braylon Edwards (15.7) of the San Francisco 49ers are ahead of Evans.

Starter Anquan Boldin will be the top target underneath, while Evans can blow the top off the defense. Fourth-year quarterback Joe Flacco finally has the speedy receiver he needs to take advantage of his beautiful (but rarely used) deep ball.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... -lee-evans (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/30542/ravens-smart-to-land-lee-evans)