PDA

View Full Version : Steelers No Longer A Hot Ticket

ter1230_4
08-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I saw on another site recently that the only two home games the Steelers have sold out this year are the Ravens and the Patriots. There are single tickets available on Ticketmaster for all other regular season games, and multiple tickets left for the Rams game on Christmas Eve. If you have any interest in seeing a pre-season game this year, take a look at what is happening over on ebay. I listed 5 tickets to the Eagles game for $99 and got NO BIDS! These are $84 face value tickets and no one is willing to pay $20 a piece for them. Maybe this is the economy, maybe its the sour feeling that fans have after all of the lockout crap. But Steeler tickets, even for regular season games, are just not in demand.

pittpete
08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Steeler tix are always in demand.
No one wants to pay $400+ dollars to watch a preseason game

BURGH86STEEL
08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
The NFL needs to realize that it is going to eventually price many fans out of the seats.

RuthlessBurgher
08-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Preseason tickets aren't worth the paper they've been printed on the open market. Folks know that there will be a gazillion scalpers willing to take anyone to get rid of those tix, so most folks who want to go to a preseason game will go that route and haggle outside the stadium for the best deal.

I'm not surprised about the Rams game, because it's Christmas Eve, and there should be more important things to do that day. I'm dreading trying to sell those tix, because I don't see myself spending 5+ hours each way in a car when I should be spending time with my kids instead.

I believe there may only be single seats available for the other games, and who wants to go to game alone or have to sit in a different section than the people you came with? The waiting list for season tickets is still several thousand names long.

ter1230_4
08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
[quote="pittpete"]Steeler tix are always in demand.
No one wants to pay $400+ dollars to watch a preseason game

Except that season ticket holders are COMPELLED to pay $84 a ticket for useless preseason games. And the real truth is that Steelers tix are only in demand (1) against attractive opponents, (2) when the Steelers are having a good year, (3) not Thursday night games. You can hardly give away Steelers tix for the Thursday night games. And from prior experience (see 2006 and 2009 seasons), once it becomes clear that the Steelers aren't going anywhere that season, you can also hardly give them away.

Sugar
08-08-2011, 09:52 PM
I believe there may only be single seats available for the other games, and who wants to go to game alone or have to sit in a different section than the people you came with? The waiting list for season tickets is still several thousand names long.

I've gone to see the Steelers alone. It was actually a lot of fun. :tt2

AkronSteel
08-08-2011, 10:39 PM
I bought a single ticket from Fordfixer a couple of years ago for the PlanetSteelers tailgate and I have to say it was one of the best times I've had at a game. 50 yard line upper deck third row!!! It was awesome!!!

NJ-STEELER
08-08-2011, 10:54 PM

I've gone to see the Steelers alone. It was actually a lot of fun. :tt2

Me too.

Wind up cheering with the fans around me. Still a good time

pfelix73
08-08-2011, 11:06 PM
LOL- well then, maybe I fooked up by buying 2 tickets for the Rams game. I bought them to resell, thinking that people will be home for the Holidays and will want to buy their loved ones a pair of tickets for a Christmas time game.

Well, I guess I will find out in Nov. Dec. when I list them...

I might be interested in the Falcons game if anyone has any for $20 each- hehe... I can't believe that...

:tt1

Discipline of Steel
08-08-2011, 11:06 PM
ive never gone to a Steeler game :Steel

fordfixer
08-09-2011, 12:09 AM
I bought a single ticket from Fordfixer a couple of years ago for the PlanetSteelers tailgate and I have to say it was one of the best times I've had at a game. 50 yard line upper deck third row!!! It was awesome!!!

Keep rubbin it in Bud :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :lol: And that was a pair of tickets Angry Asian ended up with the the other ticket. Man I wanted to make it to that game.........

Jigawatts
08-09-2011, 04:38 AM
In the past I've bought the lowest priced single seat ticket possible and had a blast
standing on the rotunda with some friends.

This season, I don't think there's a single seat left for any games that's priced lower than
$150. I don't mind spending the minimal amount and standing, however, if I'm spending
over $150 I want a seat on principle alone, and I want to sit by someone I know.

Ghost
08-09-2011, 08:49 AM
I flew into town a couple of years ago and went to the Christmas Eve game with my family. It was awesome. It's not as if you can't spend the day at the game and then hit dinner and church later that night. Church is great after an afternoon of cold Irons!

Djfan
08-09-2011, 09:52 AM
ive never gone to a Steeler game :Steel

That sucks DOS. In fact, it's kind of disappointing. Isn't there a minimum of standards on this board before you can post or something?

You must solve this now.

SS Laser
08-09-2011, 10:44 AM
I love preseason games. I would pay 20 or even 50+ for good seats I could never get regular season. There should be a tickets for sale area on this forum. Now as far as the christmas eve game, again for the right price I would go. But I am the kind of guy who enjoys the games on my couch.

RuthlessBurgher
08-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I flew into town a couple of years ago and went to the Christmas Eve game with my family. It was awesome. It's not as if you can't spend the day at the game and then hit dinner and church later that night. Church is great after an afternoon of cold Irons!

That works if you live in the city or the surrounding areas, but I typically get home around midnight or so following a 1:00 game (have to drive across the state)..

ter1230_4
08-09-2011, 02:54 PM
This season, I don't think there's a single seat left for any games that's priced lower than
$150.

That's simply incorrect. On ebay this week 2 tickets to the Browns game on December 8 in Section 539 were sold for $180, which by my calculation is $90 per ticket. Unfortunately, the Browns game is on Thursday night. But also this week on ebay, 2 tickets to the Bengals game on December 4 in Section 523 were sold for $240. The best ebay strategy for buying tickets is to wait until less than 10 days before the game, because that is when the ticket supply is the greatest. The other way to get cheap tickets (other than the Steelers having a bad season) is to show up on game day when the weather sucks.

Jigawatts
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
$150.

That's simply incorrect. On ebay this week 2 tickets to the Browns game on December 8 in Section 539 were sold for $180, which by my calculation is $90 per ticket. Unfortunately, the Browns game is on Thursday night. But also this week on ebay, 2 tickets to the Bengals game on December 4 in Section 523 were sold for $240. The best ebay strategy for buying tickets is to wait until less than 10 days before the game, because that is when the ticket supply is the greatest. The other way to get cheap tickets (other than the Steelers having a bad season) is to show up on game day when the weather sucks.

I haven't had an ebay account since I was accused of selling counterfeit Chanel purses.
Yes, seriously, I was booted from ebay for selling counterfeit Chanel purses. :wft

I'm just referring to ticketmaster. For instance, I just checked the Seattle game and
the cheapest I can find is $97.20 per ticket. Not the $150 that I mentioned earlier, but
still not what I'd want to pay for a single ticket. If there were two tickets next to each
other for the same price per ticket it would be worth it.

Since the Steelers have started using this system a few years back, I've never had any
problems getting tickets. This year, the year that I thought I'd have absolutely no
problems with the strike going on and all, I couldn't get anything. After a few minutes
on ticketmaster, the only thing left was the aforementioned Browns game. That I can
agree is not a "hot ticket" given that it's a Thursday night game a few weeks before
Christmas.

Thursday night games suck, by the way. :HeadBanger

ter1230_4
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Thursday night games suck, by the way

Except when it is the first game of the year after the Steelers win a Super Bowl!!

aggiebones
08-09-2011, 05:01 PM
The lockout just ended. Things will pick up and there will be no tickets available. You can always find a ticket or two anywhere and maybe they don't cost as much. But these games will be sold out even in this ****e economy by closet to game time.

flippy
08-09-2011, 11:09 PM
I have a string of 2 years going where I've bought tickets and haven't been able to use them even for mediocre opponents at bad times and haven't had any problem finding someone to take my tickets for what I paid.

Marking up tickets may be another story, but I've made a few people really happy to get reasonably priced tickets.

There's always someone out there that will take a Steelers ticket.

I bought some tickets for the Dec 24th game and figure I'll go see family afterward or worst case give them to someone for a XMas present if I can't make it.