PDA

View Full Version : Key Fox gone to the Redskins

Djfan
08-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Just got the info from another board.

phillyesq
08-07-2011, 11:59 AM
He was a good special teams player (though he seemed to make more bonehead plays last year) and provided nice depth at ILB.

It looks like Sylvester will step into the role of top backup ILB and special teams demon, and I think he'll do a great job in that role.

calmkiller
08-07-2011, 12:55 PM
No lose there.

AkronSteel
08-07-2011, 12:56 PM
He was gone the moment he had that bone-headed penalty in the Super Bowl! No one ever really talked about that too much but that was a big nail in the coffin that day! Cost the team big time!!!

Va Steelr
08-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Fox was strong on ST while here.Sylvester will be better .Good Luck Key.

hawaiiansteel
08-07-2011, 06:11 PM
He was gone the moment he had that bone-headed penalty in the Super Bowl! No one ever really talked about that too much but that was a big nail in the coffin that day! Cost the team big time!!!

$$$

that wasn't the first bone-headed mistake Fox made last season but it was the one that sealed his fate with the Steelers.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-07-2011, 08:20 PM
He was expendable because of the younger talent that proved itself last season. But he filled a vital role over a couple of seasons for this team. It wasn't too long ago that several on this board were calling for him to replace Farrior.

Best of luck to Fox, and may he make many bonehead plays for the Redskins.

JDSteeler
08-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Later Key Fox....thanks for that friggin penalty in the Bowl...

JD

Chadman
08-08-2011, 02:11 AM
No surprise there.

Now, the question might be- can Sylvester push past Larry Foote on the depth chart? And if he does- would it be worth keeping Mario Harvey over Foote as a 4th ILB?

Sylvester seems the likely heir to Farrior's position now- I guess a lot will just depend on how far he's developed & if the coaches feel he's a better option than Larry at this point.

Shoe
08-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Later Key Fox....thanks for that friggin penalty in the Bowl...

JD

I don't remember that... what did he do?

Fox is/was a good player... like Larry Foote is a good player. But you can't keep them all. I liked him.

ter1230_4
08-09-2011, 03:00 PM
don't remember that... what did he do?

On the GB kickoff prior to the final (and unsuccessful) Steelers Drive in the Super Bowl, Fox got called for a personal foul that moved the ball back to the 11 yard line. It was a retaliation thing, but it was incredibly stupid and selfish. If I'd been Tomlin, I'd have told Fox to hitchhike back to Pittsburgh. I would have lost a lot of respect for Tomlin if the Steelers had kept Fox.

feltdizz
08-10-2011, 03:51 PM

On the GB kickoff prior to the final (and unsuccessful) Steelers Drive in the Super Bowl, Fox got called for a personal foul that moved the ball back to the 11 yard line. It was a retaliation thing, but it was incredibly stupid and selfish. If I'd been Tomlin, I'd have told Fox to hitchhike back to Pittsburgh. I would have lost a lot of respect for Tomlin if the Steelers had kept Fox.

I don't think the SB play sealed his fate...

hawaiiansteel
08-10-2011, 04:23 PM

I don't think the SB play sealed his fate...

sure didn't help...