PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Scott & Ramon Foster Carted Off With Injuries

LordVile
08-06-2011, 05:47 PM
wow this sucks. per Jim Wexell twitter..

papillon
08-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Flozell on speed dial... :Beer

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
08-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Update from Jim Wexell:

Injuries are mounting in Latrobe today: Jim Wexell said that Limas Sweed has a sprained shoulder, wrapped in ice.

Jonathan Scott was carted off with an ankle injury. Tomlin said he doesn't believe they are serious injuries. Also Ramon Foster left with an ankle injury, believed also to not be serious at this point.

SteelBucks
08-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Flozell on speed dial... :Beer

Pappy

...and Starks.

Discipline of Steel
08-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Our OL line now looks like this:

Hills - Kemo - Pouncey - Legursky - Colon (if Colon can return from Achilles injury)

Thats pretty horrendous. I dont think we have time to ease Gilbert in as an OG, he needs immediate immersion at OT.

RuthlessBurgher
08-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Our OL line now looks like this:

Hills - Kemo - Pouncey - Legursky - Colon (if Colon can return from Achilles injury)

Thats pretty horrendous. I dont think we have time to ease Gilbert in as an OG, he needs immediate immersion at OT.

Gilbert has been injured for this entire camp as well. I don't think he's been able to participate in any of the practices since they've been able to dresss in full pads.

AkronSteel
08-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I sure hope these injuries are not too serious. We could be in serious trouble up front!!! We need to get Flozell to Latrobe ASAP. He knows the guys he would be working with and he knows the offense!!! Hopefully they have a backdoor deal where he will sign after training camp is over to save his aging body for the time that really matters. We can survive inside with the players that we have on hand. Legs can hold his own if he needs to step into the starting lineup. Even this Williams kid looks like he might be a keeper from what I'm hearing from training camp. So he could be able to add some game day depth inside, but the team really needs to get help on the outside!!! Who exactly are the backups outside at the moment? Tony Hills? Chris Scott? Kyle "Flippin" Jolly????? Instead of trying to add another WR, we need to be bringing in some guys who can allow the WR's that we do have to do their job!! I'm completely confused at this point unless Chris Scott is a lot better than we all are expecting.....I just don't understand what they are looking at???

:HeadBanger

hawaiiansteel
08-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I sure hope these injuries are not too serious.

fortunately they're not, but they do illustrate the lack of depth we currently have on our OL.

"Tomlin also added that Ramon Foster, who left practice early, had a training camp injury he said is minor, as is the injury to Jonathan Scott."

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... 5bfececdc6 (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Defense-wins-goal-line-drill/7e83e184-c199-4c97-adcd-1a5bfececdc6)