PDA

View Full Version : How much is Sunday Ticket this year and..

Steelhere10
08-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Have anyone called and tried to get the price reduced again and for how much? I need to know before the season start.

Snatch98
08-03-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm pretty sure it's now free for directv subscribers. I've seen a few commercials advertising it. I used to have it but after moving back to the burgh I no longer had a dire need.

EDIT: It may be different overseas.

Steelgal
08-04-2011, 07:40 AM
NFL Sunday ticket is free this year for new DirectTV subscribers. If you currently have Direct TV, then you'll have to try and get a deal for it. But if you switch to it, it's free.

Oviedo
08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
NFL Sunday ticket is free this year for new DirectTV subscribers. If you currently have Direct TV, then you'll have to try and get a deal for it. But if you switch to it, it's free.

That's BS. So if you have been paying DirectTV for years they punish you and reward newbies.

Eich
08-04-2011, 08:37 AM

That's BS. So if you have been paying DirectTV for years they punish you and reward newbies.

I know it feels like that but this is pretty common practice and makes business sense when you think about it. When I signed up for DirecTV, they gave me a deal for being a new subscriber. Today's new subscriber isn't getting what I got. They are being offered another deal to entice them. But companies can't afford give their entire existing customer base the latest new deal everytime they have a promotion to entice new customers.

DirecTV often gives me free stuff for being a long-time customer. Right now, I have 3 months of Showtime for free and I didn't ask for it. And they've always given me some kind of discount on Sunday Ticket when I've asked for it.

That said, I do wish DirecTV would offer the new subscriber deals to their existing customer base in return for signing a contract for a commitment period. I would gladly commit to DirecTV for a year or two to get Sunday Ticket for free.

feltdizz
08-04-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm thinking about switching over just because they have the free sunday ticket.

Only problem is the fact I rent right now... I wonder if the dish/signal will be an issue?

Eddie Spaghetti
08-04-2011, 09:01 AM
i've had it for about 10 years.

i called and got $120 off the regular price this year and got some movie channels free for 3 months.

they will deal.

Oviedo
08-04-2011, 09:13 AM

i called and got $120 off the regular price this year and got some movie channels free for 3 months.

they will deal.

You da man. I'll try the same.

Eddie Spaghetti
08-04-2011, 09:25 AM

they will deal.

good luck.

everyone i have talked to has gotten something. they also said to call back once the season starts for more specials.

NC Steeler Fan
08-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I may be in the minority, but I think if they offer it free to new customers to DirecTV,
then they ought to make my long term subscription free this year too.

I was shocked to see it advertised completely for free. A discount, certainly, given the uncertainty of the season, but not for free. I will be calling if I get a full price bill.

RussBII
08-04-2011, 09:47 AM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":339zz3s9]i've had it for about 10 years.

they will deal.

good luck.

everyone i have talked to has gotten something. they also said to call back once the season starts for more specials.[/quote:339zz3s9]

I called and gave them the business. They wouldn't budge. The guy also told me to call back 2 weeks into August, that's when they're more pliant.

flippy
08-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Don't pay for it. The NFL doesn't care about you.

pittpete
08-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Just got off the phone with them.
They gave me a 10$ credit per month for a year.
120$ savings for a 5 minute 1 phone call...

RuthlessBurgher
08-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Just got off the phone with them.
They gave me a 10$ credit per month for a year.
120$ savings for a 5 minute 1 phone call...

I thought I needed to make a 15 minute phone call to save 15% or more? That what that evil lizard told me anyway... :wink:

aggiebones
08-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I switch back and forth between cable and direct tv. This gets it free at least once every 4 years :) Plus I get new equipment periodically.
But my cable is such crap that I may have to bite the bullet and stay long this time.

Steelgal
08-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I wish Dish also offered NFL Sunday ticket. That's what we have and can't really change because we live in the 1% of the population that doesn't get local channels for Direct. Only Dish has the rights as of now. And we have so many trees around, that antennas don't work to get local signals on our own.

Thank gosh for broadcasts online, even though I'd rather have it on the big screen. Need to see if there's a way to channel my laptop picture to our tv, as long as the picture doesn't get overly distorted. Any ideas???

Eddie Spaghetti
08-04-2011, 02:30 PM
does your laptop have an HDMI out?

they are several alternatives, but this would be best.

Steelgal
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM

Unfortunately no..... It's about 5-6 years old, don't know if that's why. I will check our main computer. It's only about a year old and is in the living room as well. But would need a 25-30 foot cord, if they come that long??

Steelhere10
08-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks guys, I have owned it for over 15yrs big dish included. So I'm going to make the call

Eddie Spaghetti
08-04-2011, 03:08 PM

Unfortunately no..... It's about 5-6 years old, don't know if that's why. I will check our main computer. It's only about a year old and is in the living room as well. But would need a 25-30 foot cord, if they come that long??

you will probably have to go VGA on the laptop, so your picture will suffer. i stream concerts from time to time and have to use this option. not terrible, not great.

if you can can run from your main comp., and need a long HDMI cable, go to monoprice.com instead of a big box store. you will save major $$$.

hope this helps.

RuthlessBurgher
08-04-2011, 03:13 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":2aonpd93]does your laptop have an HDMI out?

you will probably have to go VGA on the laptop, so your picture will suffer. i stream concerts from time to time and have to use this option. not terrible, not great.

if you can can run from your main comp., and need a long HDMI cable, go to monoprice.com instead of a big box store. you will save major $$$.

hope this helps.[/quote:2aonpd93]

Spammer. :nono

j/k :wink:

Shawn
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM

Oh yes. Check this out. I have been a loyal subscriber for 5 years...sports packages, DVR, multiple rooms...and all of that. We moved and I wanted to try life without cable or satellite for awhile. Directv told me that as a reward for my loyalty...and my recent upgrades to DVR that I now owed them a termination fee approaching 400 dollars. I was livid.

Snatch98
08-04-2011, 05:59 PM

Oh yes. Check this out. I have been a loyal subscriber for 5 years...sports packages, DVR, multiple rooms...and all of that. We moved and I wanted to try life without cable or satellite for awhile. Directv told me that as a reward for my loyalty...and my recent upgrades to DVR that I now owed them a termination fee approaching 400 dollars. I was livid.

You do sign a contract. :shock:

Shawn
08-04-2011, 07:03 PM

Do you work for Directv? I didn't sign any new contract with them. I was with them for 5 years, then they said they re-uped my contract when I upgraded to DVR. I'm sorry but there is something wrong with that business model. It's sleezy.

pittpete
08-04-2011, 09:15 PM
When they upgrade you, they usually lock you into a new contract.
Seems the norm know for big greedy price gouging companies

Shawn
08-04-2011, 11:40 PM
When they upgrade you, they usually lock you into a new contract.
Seems the norm know for big greedy price gouging companies

Yeah I found out about this the hard way. It's one thing with cell phone companies when you upgrade with a new phone for a cheaper price. But, you rent the DVR boxes...the business model seems like legal theft. Live and learn.

Snatch98
08-05-2011, 01:43 AM

Do you work for Directv? I didn't sign any new contract with them. I was with them for 5 years, then they said they re-uped my contract when I upgraded to DVR. I'm sorry but there is something wrong with that business model. It's sleezy.

I don't and I agree that it's dumb they force a contract extension when you upgrade DVR's. I know when the gf and I had them and we upgraded our DVR they told us it would extend our contract and we were okay with it at the time. We have FIOS now.