PDA

View Full Version : Manny Sanders to miss at least 3 weeks

calmkiller
08-02-2011, 11:34 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... umor-mill/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

Steelers wideout Emmanuel Sanders out three weeks
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 2, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
Super Bowl XLV Getty Images

A popular breakout pick for 2011, Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will miss most of August.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Sanders will be out three weeks following complications after two foot surgeries this offseason. Sanders sat out the start of training camp, but it was believed to be precautionary.

Instead, we’ve learned Sanders didn’t recover as expected from surgery on his heel. Sanders took an injection in his left foot that took bone marrow from his heel to speed healing process. That doesn’t sound good.

Pittsburgh’s interest in Plaxico Burress makes more sense now. Hines Ward isn’t yet back on the field and Sanders had surgery on each of his feet during the offseason. (One in February, one in April.)

Still, the Steelers have decent depth with Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown able to take starter snaps for now.

Djfan
08-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Not waiving the "Oh No!" flag yet, but this could go south quickly.

Get better young man!!

Oviedo
08-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Just heard on the radio from Latrobe. Not good news. Sweed has a real opportunity to shine. Brown too!!!!

Randy Moss anyone :wink:

calmkiller
08-02-2011, 11:53 AM
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18155 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18155)

ramblinjim
08-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Hope Manny gets better quickly too. Line up Wallace, Brown & Sweed and let those three play some pitch and catch.... Wallace gets the chance to be the #1 and we can get lots of balls thrown Sweed's way.

NJ-STEELER
08-02-2011, 12:06 PM
So much for the grouP that thinks we have great depth there

Once again. We'll have a load of question marks at thR position

insanesteelersfan
08-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Can somebody please tell me the story here ? I mean what about 3 weeks til Sanders IS completely 100 % healthy do you guys NOT understand ? His surgery went perfect. And he will be back 3 weeks before the start of the season. I mean why act so DOOM & GLOOM ? :wft Stop trying to :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Can somebody please tell me the story here ? I mean what about 3 weeks til Sanders IS completely 100 % healthy do you guys NOT understand ? His surgery went perfect. And he will be back 3 weeks before the start of the season. I mean why act so DOOM & GLOOM ? :wft Stop trying to :stirpot

Multiple surgeries are never a good thing, but when you see someone like James Harrison out there performing well following two offseason back surgeries, you can breathe a sigh of relief that things indeed did go well.

On the other hand, when you see Manny Sanders suffering a setback following his two offseason foot surgeries, you tend to get doubtful and apprehensive. After all, feet are pretty darn important for a WR.

I've never heard a surgeon say anything but "It went perfect" after a procedure...he's not going to say "boy, I sure did botch that one something fierce!" Our only evidence for how well the surgery actually went is the evidence of him being about to be out there with his teammate following rehab.

So far, one guy is out there, so we feel good, and the other guy will remain on the sidelines for another few weeks, so we get a bit gloomy. People try to stir the pot in here all the time, but I don't see how people's reaction to this news can be classified as stirring the pot.

MaxAMillion
08-02-2011, 12:34 PM
This is why we need another receiver. all this talk about passing on burress was silly. Sanders can't be counted on coming off of multiple surgeries and Sweed is a bum. Ward is basically an H back at this point. We need another WR asap.

birtikidis
08-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Sweed needs to take full advantage of this. If he doesn't, he won't make the team. Manny will make it regardless. He can sit back and get healthy. I'm not so worried. Seeing how hard Brown has worked and knowing that Manny will be back, I'm still pretty confident in this group.

StarSpangledSteeler
08-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeed to the rescue.

insanesteelersfan
08-02-2011, 12:51 PM
No to Sweed. YES to the 6ft, 9 Wes Lyons! :Boobs He will SHINE in the pre-season games, wait and see.

phillyesq
08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I had high hopes for Sanders coming in to this sesaon, but a foot injury for a guy that relies on quickness is certainly concerning.

With Sanders out, I suppose the depth chart looks like:

- Wallace
- Ward
- Brown
- Sweed
- Battle

There are reports that Brown is still struggling with his assignments. I'd love to see Sweed explode onto the scene and play up to the potential that led to him being a second round pick, but I don't think that you can go into the season counting on Sweed to play a significant role.

I'd like to see the Steelers take a look at Malcolm Floyd. He's a UFA, he's 6'5" and has a career average of something like 17 YPC. Floyd and Wallace outside with Ward and Brown inside would make a nice combination in passing situations. Even a three WR set with Wallace, Floyd and Ward in the slot could be very effective.

Jigawatts
08-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Multiple surgeries are never a good thing,

This is reminiscent of the setbacks that Staal battled after his foot injury.
Let's just hope Sanders doesn't break his wrist via slapshot days before his return. :o

Oviedo
08-02-2011, 01:28 PM
I had high hopes for Sanders coming in to this sesaon, but a foot injury for a guy that relies on quickness is certainly concerning.

With Sanders out, I suppose the depth chart looks like:

- Wallace
- Ward
- Brown
- Sweed
- Battle

There are reports that Brown is still struggling with his assignments. I'd love to see Sweed explode onto the scene and play up to the potential that led to him being a second round pick, but I don't think that you can go into the season counting on Sweed to play a significant role.

I'd like to see the Steelers take a look at Malcolm Floyd. He's a UFA, he's 6'5" and has a career average of something like 17 YPC. Floyd and Wallace outside with Ward and Brown inside would make a nice combination in passing situations. Even a three WR set with Wallace, Floyd and Ward in the slot could be very effective.

Floyd would be more expensive thean they can afford although the market for WR is getting depressed real fast. If other recent front office actions are an indication they will bring back ARE before the end of the week.

RuthlessBurgher
08-02-2011, 01:34 PM

Let's just hope Sanders doesn't break his wrist via slapshot days before his return. :o

And when he finally is able to return to the team at mid-season, we subsequently lose our best Canadian player (Shaun Suisham) and our best Russian player (Ivan Taylor) for the remainder of the season.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
08-02-2011, 01:36 PM
$750,000 sounds real cheap about now.

grotonsteel
08-02-2011, 01:55 PM
That is why i wanted Plex to be signed by Steelers.

Manny injured and A Brown having tough time to understand the playbook is not a good sign. A Brown is nothing but a 4th WR right now. Steelers need another WR if Manny can't go.WR group is a weakness.

AntonioBrown84 Antonio Brown

Routes crispy ; got to perfect mental game concepts offense ! Study time book of plays n life

insanesteelersfan
08-02-2011, 01:58 PM

Manny injured and A Brown having tough time to understand the playbook is not a good sign. WR group is a weakness.

Oh but Plax,,,who never even bothered to ever LEARN a playbook. Or who has not even seen a football field in 3 years,,,HE would have been better huh ? :loser

Where do these Inbred Idiots come from ? :owned

grotonsteel
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Manny injured and A Brown having tough time to understand the playbook is not a good sign. WR group is a weakness.

Oh but Plax,,,who never even bothered to ever LEARN a playbook. Or who has not even seen a football field in 3 years,,,HE would have been better huh ? :loser

Dude are you such a douche????

Plex is a proven player. A Brown is in his 2nd yr who might turn into a HOF player. Again there is a huge "if".

From A Brown own mouth

Routes crispy ; got to perfect mental game concepts offense ! Study time book of plays n life

If you think A Brown is No.2 or No.3 WR right now fool yourself.

flippy
08-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Sweed and Brown have more upside than Sanders. I think a trio of Wallace, Sweed, and Brown has the potential to be the sickest combo of receivers in the league.

hawaiiansteel
08-02-2011, 02:03 PM

I don't know, you tell us...where do you come from?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1273/971007258_13fa59b58c.jpg

insanesteelersfan
08-02-2011, 02:05 PM

From A Brown own mouth

If you think A Brown is No.2 or No.3 WR right now fool yourself.

I never considered Brown our # 2 WR. Or even Sanders. Ward and Wallace are our # 1 & # 2 WR's. And where does it say Sanders is seriously hurt ? It says he is fine, and WILL be COMPLETELY 100 % healed in 3 weeks. And,,,,,only an IDIOT would think a CANCER like ****SIXCO Burress would ever help any team with his LAZY AZZ ways, and his
Allen Iverson-like approach to " Practice and Meetings " :Blah

So keep talking about how GREAT ****SIXCO is. And I, and everyone else WITH a Brain will live in the REAL WORLD!! :owned

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Sweed and Brown have more upside than Sanders. I think a trio of Wallace, Sweed, and Brown has the potential to be the sickest combo of receivers in the league.

Flip...We should hold off on crowning Sweed anything but a disappointment to date. Let see if he could make the roster before we give him any hype. We all want him to succeed...But even when he was healthy he gave us nothing to get excited about. But...Wallace &....The player we think Brown is gonna be....And the "Sweed" we hoped he would be...Would be a sick combination.

flippy
08-02-2011, 02:21 PM
:owned

I thought the term owned was used when you make a point that's unquestionable and it's almost embarrassing to the other person for saying or doing something so silly.

I think I get it cause I get :owned every day. That's how I roll. That's how my world works.

But when you say :owned , I always get the impression you're misusing the term. You have a differing and sometime valid opinion, but then when you go all :owned on someone, your point gets lost because it seems silly that you think you've made a point that :owned someone.

I really think the owning may happen in your mind and not in the minds of others. That's more delusional than I am most of the time.

If I wasn't half nuts myself, it would frighten me.

Not to change the topic. I'm just wondering if I'm misunderstanding the term :owned because it seems like you use it inappropriately at times.

Then again it could just be me. Any way carry on and have a good one.

flippy
08-02-2011, 02:25 PM

Flip...We should hold off on crowning Sweed anything but a disappointment to date. Let see if he could make the roster before we give him any hype. We all want him to succeed...But even when he was healthy he gave us nothing to get excited about. But...Wallace &....The player we think Brown is gonna be....And the "Sweed" we hoped he would be...Would be a sick combination.

I'm not crowning him anything. Either one in fact. But I think injury can represent opportunity for young guys and I'm "hoping" these guys reach the potential that they are capable of physically.

Most likely we'll be back to Ward and Sanders ahead of them on the depth chart in short order. I just hope those 2 seize the moment. They both have a physical skillset that Manny and Hines could only dream of.

On the flip side, Manny and Hines probably have a work ethic and mind that those other 2 can only dream of and that's why they all where they are today.

birtikidis
08-02-2011, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't knock Browns training program. Dude is sick. He has a great work ethic. Idk about Wallace though.

insanesteelersfan
08-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't knock Browns training program. Dude is sick. He has a great work ethic. Idk about Wallace though.

I wouldn't knock Antonio Brown's training program either...not according to this.....

Steelers | Antonio Brown adds muscle
Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:00:09 -0700

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown said he has added five pounds of muscle while working out at Pete Bommarito's performance training center during the offseason

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1TtisltHl

Hmm. Sounds like a guy very commited, and a Hard worker to me.

steelblood
08-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Antonio Brown is a much better athlete than Sanders. Sanders is faster and runs better routes, but Brown has the potential to be very special. He is cat quick and great as an openfield runner. If we could block without holding on special teams, he would also have had a nice year returning punts. Sanders is simply a better technician right now. That may change.

"You got owned" is stupid as is "Nuff Said" which is the conversational equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "La la la la la la la"

Slapstick
08-02-2011, 03:05 PM

I thought the term owned was used when you make a point that's unquestionable and it's almost embarrassing to the other person for saying or doing something so silly.

I think I get it cause I get :owned every day. That's how I roll. That's how my world works.

But when you say :owned , I always get the impression you're misusing the term. You have a differing and sometime valid opinion, but then when you go all :owned on someone, your point gets lost because it seems silly that you think you've made a point that :owned someone.

I really think the owning may happen in your mind and not in the minds of others. That's more delusional than I am most of the time.

Not to change the topic. I'm just wondering if I'm misunderstanding the term :owned because it seems like you use it inappropriately at times.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means..."

papillon
08-02-2011, 03:20 PM

This is a gentle reminder that it is frowned upon on this board to go "full frontal assault name calling" when discussing a topic in which you have a differing opinion than another board member. Reign it in Insanesteelerfan, then debate, discuss and enjoy the board. There are plenty Steeler forums where confrontation, name calling and general abhorrent behavior are welcomed, this isn't one of them.

Pappy

insanesteelersfan
08-02-2011, 03:25 PM

Fine then. Please explain how a malcontent who hasn't had any game action in 3 years is a better option then the WR's who actually helped us GET to the Super Bowl ? Or another free agent WR who has played ? Plax is all about himself. Doesn't work hard and is a Cancer. Let him bring down the Jets. I'm glad we didn't screw up and sign him. Would have spelled our Doom.

This is a gentle reminder that it is frowned upon on this board to go "full frontal assault name calling" when discussing a topic in which you have a differing opinion than another board member. Reign it in Insanesteelerfan, then debate, discuss and enjoy the board. There are plenty Steeler forums where confrontation, name calling and general abhorrent behavior are welcomed, this isn't one of them.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
08-02-2011, 03:26 PM

Disagreeing with someone is fine. Many of us have many different opinions when it comes to Plaxico and other players. That what makes a discussion board interesting. However, calling fellow posters inbred idiots is in poor taste. That sort of thing is not tolerated on this particular board. This is an online community. In a community, people act civilized toward one another. When deciding to continue using petty insults here, please take the time to peruse the following:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=532

Thank you.

papillon
08-02-2011, 03:33 PM

Fine then. Please explain how a malcontent who hasn't had any game action in 3 years is a better option then the WR's who actually helped us GET to the Super Bowl ? Or another free agent WR who has played ? Plax is all about himself. Doesn't work hard and is a Cancer. Let him bring down the Jets. I'm glad we didn't screw up and sign him. Would have spelled our Doom.

Pappy

I'm not involved in the discussion about Plex and whether we should have signed him or not. Personally, I think giving him a chance to work with Ben again would have brought the best in him and with his NFL experience against NFL defenses I believe he would have been successful, particularly on a one year contract. It didn't work out, that's fine, the Steelers have to go with what they have.

Regardless, of my opinion of Plex, my comment to you was about board behavior and what is expected around here. No one will shy away from a debate, but we all expect it to be handled like adults and not to resort to abusive behavior behind the safety of the internet's anonymity. You're welcome here until we (the moderators) receive too many complaints, then you'll be warned and if the behavior isn't cleaned up we will ban you. I don't want it to come to that. It's enjoyable to get a fresh perspective and you bring that to the board, work on your delivery and all will be well.

We are all ardent Steeler fans here.

Pappy

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM

I'm not crowning him anything. Either one in fact. But I think injury can represent opportunity for young guys and I'm "hoping" these guys reach the potential that they are capable of physically.

Most likely we'll be back to Ward and Sanders ahead of them on the depth chart in short order. I just hope those 2 seize the moment. They both have a physical skillset that Manny and Hines could only dream of.

On the flip side, Manny and Hines probably have a work ethic and mind that those other 2 can only dream of and that's why they all where they are today.

You hit something Flip...
That is the silver lining to Sanders injury as long as this is just a speed bump in his full recovery. The fact that Sanders will be down and Hines & Wallace will not see much time preseason puts Sweed in a very good position to gain one of the most important qualities for professional athletes...And something that almost crushed his professional career...Confidence.

Sweed should see an overwhelming amount of snaps in the preseason with some of the 1st team regulars. He couldn't ask for a better opportunity to gain momentum and gain his confidence that seemed to take a big hit. If he remains healthy...He couldn't ask for a better bridge. On the bad side...And I will try and say this as quietly as possible...If he can't seperate himself from the crowd behind Brown...His services will be evaluated against a rookie who can play ST that shows room to grow at the WR position. Which for him means, he will be released. I'm pulling for him as much as the next guy.

As far as Brown's work ethic, I don't think it could be questioned. We have seen what Brown has been doing in the off season. Manny & Antonio are both very good athletes. Brown is more sudden than Manny but Manny would lead them to a line in a foot race.

From a receiver standpoint, Manny's routes are better right now but surprisingly Brown looks better underneath and seems to be able to adjust through the jamb and traffic to still get in a position to help out his QB in the middle of the field. I credit his "wiggle" and his change or direction for that. Manny seems to struggle against the jamb and if he breaks on a shallow or crossing route the DB is in his pocket because he is stuck on him since the line. Brown looks to have the tools and willingness to be a slot while Manny is gonna have to become seasoned and gain some bulk because I believe he could excel outside but would just be an average inside guy. The "seasoned" is the little things he needs to learn from Ward because he needs to understand it won't be his athleticism that seperates him from the rest...It will be his athleticism combined with his route running and receiver instincts that could make him special. As for Brown, if he has the mental part down and continues to catch what gets thrown at him...His growth together with Wallace & Sanders could be a 3 out of 4 pieces to the puzzle. If you could get Sweed to this party...You are gonna catch safeties on their heels for many years to come because teams will struggle to cover the whole field against those 4 if they all realize their potential.

flippy
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM

According to Urban Dictionary:

Owned

An overused gamerboy term. Using this term is now considered the most potent contraceptive available. Anyone saying this is guaranteed not to get any.

I know that didn't really say anything, but thought it was kinda cute.

A better definition that describes the term was:

Total and undeniable dominance of a person, group of people or situation as to make them/it akin to ones b!tch.

I guess I just didn't see the undeniable dominance in insane's posts. I think that's what confused me. But I guess I can understand confusion when you're not getting any. Those are confusing times in a man's life :)

Slapstick
08-02-2011, 03:58 PM

Owned

An overused gamerboy term. Using this term is now considered the most potent contraceptive available. Anyone saying this is guaranteed not to get any.

Total and undeniable dominance of a person, group of people or situation as to make them/it akin to ones b!tch.

I guess I just didn't see the undeniable dominance in insane's posts. I think that's what confused me. But I guess I can understand confusion when you're not getting any. Those are confusing times in a man's life :)

You know, I often use Urban Dictionary in my line of work (teacher)...quite useful...

RuthlessBurgher
08-02-2011, 04:01 PM

Owned

Yeah, but that's just owned, not PWNED!!! :lol:

http://www.cupwn3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/pwned-funny2.jpg

flippy
08-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Owned

Yeah, but that's just owned, not PWNED!!! :lol:

They should do a movie called Karate Kats. That pic's awesome.

hawaiiansteel
08-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Steelers' picture at WR changes

August 2nd, 2011

The Steelers looked like they might have a surplus of wide receivers after they made their best recruiting pitch to Plaxico Burress last Saturday.

What a difference a couple of days make.

Burress is now a Jet and Emmanuel Sanders, the projected No. 3 wide receiver, is on the shelf because of a left foot that does not seem to want to heal.

Sanders said today, while propped on a pair of crutches, that he had surgery on his left foot three months ago to correct a minor stress fracture. A lack of blood flow to that part of his body is why Sanders has been turned into a spectator.

He was given an injection of bone marrow and calcium to accelerate the healing process, and the Steelers shut him down for three weeks to make sure his left foot is 100 percent when Sanders starts running and cutting on it again.

The Steelers wanted Sanders to sit out the first week as a precaution. But Sanders, who is eyeing a 1,000-yard season, couldn’t wait to get back on the field. He made it through one, rain-shortened practice before coach Mike Tomlin made the decision to sit Sanders.

It is probably too early to categorize this as a major concern. What is unsettling, if you’re the Steelers, is that it has taken Sanders this long to heal from the surgery he had some time in April.

And that this could be a recurring injury if it’s not properly taken care of now.
Sanders had a promising rookie season but he still needs all of the practice time he can get. The good thing for him -- and the Steelers -- is Sanders won't be idle the next three weeks.

He said he can catch balls in practice and stay on top of his conditioning by running in a swimming pool. Sanders said he also loses the walking boot he is wearing tomorrow.
“I’m constantly in my playbook, constantly watching film,” Sanders said on why he is not concerned about his injury. “It’s a minor setback for a major comeback.”

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the- ... ox+Blog%29 (http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/08/02/steelers-picture-at-wr-changes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29)

ikestops85
08-02-2011, 05:48 PM
[Yeah, but that's just owned, not PWNED!!! :lol:

Oh, I thought this was PWNED!!

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10721/tarzan.jpg

Chadman
08-02-2011, 06:10 PM

Inconceivable!

DukieBoy
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Pappy

Wise guidance, well said, Pap.

Jigawatts
08-02-2011, 06:53 PM

And when he finally is able to return to the team at mid-season, we subsequently lose our best Canadian player (Shaun Suisham) and our best Russian player (Ivan Taylor) for the remainder of the season.

Well played Ruthless. :Clap

As far as the Plax vs. Sweed debate, maybe the front office knows something more than
message board users, as informed as we may be.

Despite his problems, Sweed has been kept around for some reason, right?. I declare this
the summer of Limas, followed be a breakout season.

Slapstick
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Inconceivable!

Thank you.

steelz09
08-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Agree about Sweed.

If there is any time to show Tomlin & Co that he is ready to be the talented deep threat that we all think he can be, now is it!

SteelCrazy
08-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Randle El re-signing in 3...2....1

insanesteelersfan
08-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Bottom line, Burress is a Jet. And Sanders is NOT Injury prone, or even seriously injured at all. So why are we even discussing this ? Move on. nothing to see here.

flippy
08-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Bottom line, Burress is a Jet. And Sanders is NOT Injury prone, or even seriously injured at all. So why are we even discussing this ? Move on. nothing to see here.

Sanders is having problems with both feet. Not good for a WR imho. And the surgery hasn't completely healed from a while back.

I wonder if it would have healed faster if he had more access to the Steelers' staff?

hawaiiansteel
08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
And Sanders is NOT Injury prone, or even seriously injured at all. So why are we even discussing this ? Move on. nothing to see here.

so you don't think think that there's anything to worry about with Sanders, huh?

Sanders has now already had two surgeries on his foot and his ankle has not healed the way the team had hoped. Sanders' strength is his quickness, two surgeries on his foot is not going to make him quicker and he's now going to miss three weeks of practice time.

that's why we are discussing this...

insanesteelersfan
08-02-2011, 08:48 PM
And Sanders is NOT Injury prone, or even seriously injured at all. So why are we even discussing this ? Move on. nothing to see here.

so you don't think think that there's anything to worry about with Sanders, huh?

Sanders has now already had two surgeries on his foot and his ankle has not healed the way the team had hoped. Sanders' strength is his quickness, two surgeries on his foot is not going to make him quicker and he's now going to miss three weeks of practice time.

First surgery was in Febuary. Second one was NOT Injury related, but surgery to take BONE MARROW out to speed up the healing of the first one. Now they say his time table is three weeks. Nowhere ANYWHERE does it say that the injury will take away Sanders quickness, or be Chronic...Ah, do YOU have a Medical Degree that we don't know about ? I kinda doubt it. So until I hear that his Injury is a Chronic one, or see him get injured again with the same foot,,,I am not worrying about this. And neither should you.

flippy
08-02-2011, 09:27 PM
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/m/mcdonalds_owned-14122.jpg

flippy
08-02-2011, 09:28 PM
http://kuchenplatte.com/de/media/bookmarks/owned!.jpg

Ouch!!!

DukieBoy
08-02-2011, 10:17 PM
For you, Flippy ...

:Cheers

Too funny.

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Chadman
08-02-2011, 10:51 PM
summer of Limas

Is that anything like..

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/1/128830866880430055.jpg

?

hawaiiansteel
08-03-2011, 12:16 AM
http://kuchenplatte.com/de/media/bookmarks/owned!.jpg

Ouch!!!

now THAT is the definition of :owned !!!

:D

hawaiiansteel
08-03-2011, 12:25 AM

First surgery was in Febuary. Second one was NOT Injury related, but surgery to take BONE MARROW out to speed up the healing of the first one. Now they say his time table is three weeks. Nowhere ANYWHERE does it say that the injury will take away Sanders quickness, or be Chronic...Ah, do YOU have a Medical Degree that we don't know about ? I kinda doubt it. So until I hear that his Injury is a Chronic one, or see him get injured again with the same foot,,,I am not worrying about this. And neither should you.

I don't need a medical degree to know that Sanders' foot was supposed to be 100% recuperated in time for training camp and he since needed a second procedure which is going to delay his return by at least another three weeks.

so until I see Sanders out on the practice field running around at full speed I will feel free to discuss this issue and the ramifications his absence has to the team. if you don't mind, I'll move on when I choose to and not when you say to do so.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201108/20110803steelers_330.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
08-03-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201108/20110803steelers_330.jpg

Looks like Manny has a Darth Vader robot leg!

birtikidis
08-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Maybe the doc botched the surgery and they had to remove the entire foot. takes time for those robot legs to mesh with the body.

RuthlessBurgher
08-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Had to include one for Chadman...

http://lolmart.com/files/2010/11/pwned1.jpg

hawaiiansteel
08-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Maybe the doc botched the surgery and they had to remove the entire foot. takes time for those robot legs to mesh with the body.

you know, I never thought of that possibility. this is why it's so important to discuss these matters thoroughly... :D

flippy
08-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Had to include one for Chadman...

http://lolmart.com/files/2010/11/pwned1.jpg

Thank God we have Chuck Norris to protect us

http://terrestrialrealm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/chuck-norris-kangaroo-kick.jpg

hawaiiansteel
08-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Sanders not ready for prime time

Wed Aug 3, 2011.
By Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/de/7de1655d-0264-5124-b509-e2e15e305ab0/4e3896c15007f.preview-300.jpg

Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (88) is hoping to be ready for Week 1 after suffering his latest foot surgery.

After watching practice with a protective boot on his injured left foot, Emmanuel Sanders put on his helmet and went to work.

He’s damaged goods right now. But that didn’t stop him from doing something to hone his skills as a pass catcher. So while his teammates headed to the showers late Tuesday afternoon, Sanders stayed behind to catch passes.

“I’m real bummed out,” said Sanders, who just six days ago declared that he would be the Steelers’ next 1,000-yard pass receiver.

Now, Sanders can only hope he’s ready for the Sept. 11 season opener in Baltimore.
“It’s a setback, but just a minor setback for a major comeback,” he said.

Sanders, who flashed brilliance at times last year by finishing fourth on the team with 28 receptions, is out indefinitely with a stress fracture. It’s estimated he’ll be sidelined three weeks, which means he probably won’t practice again while the Steelers are at St. Vincent College. Camp breaks Aug. 17, one day before the second preseason game.

While Sanders remains optimistic that he’ll be ready for the Ravens, the Steelers’ situation at camp right now is little precarious at the wide receiver position.

Not that he’s in any danger of missing any regular-season games, but Hines Ward started camp on the physically unable to perform list with a sore thumb that was surgically repaired after he won “Dancing with the Stars.”

With Antwaan Randle El gone as a salary cap casualty, the only healthy wideouts on the roster who were in the receiver rotation last year are starter Mike Wallace and reserve Antonio Brown.

“It’s unfortunate seeing Emmanuel walking around with that boot,” Ward said. “He’s one of the promising guys coming up. But because we didn’t have OTAs and coaching sessions, he’s probably behind the eight ball as far as getting up to speed with our system again.

“But he’s a smart kid, a talented kid, and it’s just a matter of time for him to come back. He has to be careful to not push himself to make things worse.”

Sanders’ rookie season ended a bit prematurely when he broke the fifth metatarsal in his right foot during the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. Soon after that, he had surgery on his right foot.

But then later in the off-season, Sanders was diagnosed with having a stress fracture in his left foot. The surgical procedure to correct that problem included inserting a screw in his foot.

On Thursday when the Steelers reported to camp, Sanders was fired up for his second season as pro. While predicting that he’d average 62.5 receiving yards a game - that’s what it will take for him to get 1,000 for the season - Sanders also said “My health is good. My feet are good.”

That day, Sanders participated in the conditioning evaluation and then practiced Friday. But he has not practiced since.

“We’ll definitely miss Emmanuel for now,” said Brown, a sixth-round draft pick last year who’s once again Sanders’ training camp roommate. “We look forward to him coming back when he’s ready.

“For me, this is an opportunity to get more reps with the first-team offense. It gives me a chance to get my timing down with Ben (Roethlisberger) and to gain his trust.”

For the time being, the Steelers’ top four receivers in camp are Wallace and Brown with the first-team offense, and Arnaz Battle, primarily a special teams performer who didn’t catch a pass last year, and Limas Sweed, who missed last year with a torn Achilles’ tendon.

“It is what it is,” Sanders said. “I just have to be safe with it, be smart with it, and be back by Week 1.

“All I know is that I’m going to come back with a vengeance. I’ve got to come back ready to play. I’ve still got to prove myself to these coaches.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local ... b0cde.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/sanders-not-ready-for-prime-time/article_b1a80d8a-b18e-5439-9eb4-9ac398cb0cde.html)