PDA

View Full Version : Camp Twitter followers

RussBII
07-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Hey guys,

Who are the best folks to follow on twitter for Camp news? The only one I could find is Dale Lolley and I'm not a big fan. Suggestions would be awesome. Thanks

-Russ

flippy
07-31-2011, 01:06 PM
I heard Mendenhall's good on the twitter.

steelz09
07-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Me ;)

Planetsteelers Twitter Account (http://twitter.com/#!/PLANETSTEELERS)

Steelgal
07-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Here's some that I follow on Twitter:

Ken Laird, Mark Kaboly, and Jim Wexell are good reporters. I also follow Adam Schefter and a few national reporters.

As for Steelers, Ryan clark is one of the best. His is RealRyanClark25, I believe. Also LaMarr Woodley, James Harrison, Ike Taylor (but his username is swagging something???), William Gay, James Farrior, A. Brown, E. Sanders, Hines Ward, Troy. Most aren't real active. Ryan is by far the best. LaMarr and Harrison have give aways quite often for autographed photos and sometimes a jersey.

phillyesq
07-31-2011, 06:56 PM
In addition to some of the names mentioned above, I follow @Steelersdepot. Tons of updates.

D Rock
07-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Twitter is way too confusing of a set up with all the # and @ and re-tweeting and other nonsense that goes on. Oh yeah, and when you see answers to questions but have to search the other users to find what the question even was.

I like the instant updates it allows and it's cool when people keep it simple, but in general it's too much of a nuisance to sort through the garbage to get what you want.

steelblood
07-31-2011, 07:48 PM

Ken Laird, Mark Kaboly, and Jim Wexell are good reporters. I also follow Adam Schefter and a few national reporters.

As for Steelers, Ryan clark is one of the best. His is RealRyanClark25, I believe. Also LaMarr Woodley, James Harrison, Ike Taylor (but his username is swagging something???), William Gay, James Farrior, A. Brown, E. Sanders, Hines Ward, Troy. Most aren't real active. Ryan is by far the best. LaMarr and Harrison have give aways quite often for autographed photos and sometimes a jersey.

Is that Mark "Done Deal" Kaboly? :D

RuthlessBurgher
07-31-2011, 09:51 PM
In addition to some of the names mentioned above, I follow @Steelersdepot. Tons of updates.

Those fargin iceholes made it clear that those bastages don't want us posting any of the summonumbatching content on our site. :nono

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17600

flippy
07-31-2011, 11:55 PM

Those fargin iceholes made it clear that those bastages don't want us posting any of the summonumbatching content on our site. :nono

Have to agree, that guy's a dbag. And I have 0 interest in following anyone that would take that kind of stance.

I went to the site a couple times through some links on here. But never again.

fordfixer
08-01-2011, 12:17 AM
I got this from another site

Steelers Players Twitter names

Hines Ward- mvp86hinesward

Ben Roethlisberger**-_bigben7

Troy Polamalu- tpolamalu

James Harrison- jharrison9292

James Farrior- JamesFarrior

Lamarr Woodley- LaMarrWoodley

Rashard Mendenhall- R_Mendenhall

Mike Wallace- Wallace17_daKid

Emmanuel Sanders- E_Sanders88

Maurkice Pouncey- Probowler53

Charlie Batch- CharlieBatch16

Ryan Clark- RealRClark25

Issac Redman- ired33

Antonio Brown- AntonioBrown84

William Gay- williamgay22

Ike Taylor- Ike_SwagginU

Lawrence Timmons-lawrencetimmons

Crezdon Butler- butlerboy28

Deshea Townsend- desheatownsend

Keyaron Fox- KFox57

Stevenson Sylvester- SSylvester55

David Johnson- dj_85

Ramon Foster- RamonFoster

Ryan Mundy- RMundy29

Darnell Stapleton- darnellru53

Will Allen- WillAllenWAF

Max Starx- maxstarks78

Baron Batch- baron_batch

Curtis Jamaal Brown- CurtisBrown3

Cortez Allen- Cortez_Allen

Cam Heyward- CamHeyward

*Weslye Saunders- Wes_Saunders88

Swayze Waters @swayzewaters

Miguel Chavis @Achavis89

Willie Parker @3williethadude9

Jason Worilds @WorildsGreatest

Marcus Gilbert @MGilbert76

Alan Faneca @afan66

Verron Haynes @VerronHaynes

Steelgal
08-01-2011, 08:10 AM

Is that Mark "Done Deal" Kaboly? :D

Unfortunately yes....... I was out all day Saturday, but getting his tweets on my phone. I was sure it was a done deal too. I do think Plax wanted to come back, but with the Jets offer, he couldn't pass it up. I was getting excited about the thought of a tall, redzone threat and always liked Plax.

phillyesq
08-01-2011, 08:17 AM

Yikes, my bad.

I didn't check in daily in the offseason, and must have missed that thread. Very disappointing. Ironically, I found his site through planetsteelers because of articles that were posted.

RussBII
08-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks guys, this is good stuff.

steelz09
08-01-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm thinking about creating a dedicated twitter page that only streams Steelers players and reporters.

phillyesq
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm thinking about creating a dedicated twitter page that only streams Steelers players and reporters.

I'm not tech savvy, but if there is a way to do that on your site, perhaps a way that the stream would appear on one side of the page, that would be awesome.

steelz09
08-02-2011, 10:03 PM
All,

I created a Twitter Page that is dedicated to the Steelers & NFL News:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/steelers-tweets/

This page has 3 separate Twitter lists and doesn't even require you to have a Twitter account:

1) Only Steelers Players (the name says it all)
2) Pittsburgh Media Outlets (Tribune, etc)
3) National Media Outlets (ESPN, NFL Network, etc)

It streams automatically so you don't have to refresh the page. I've found this to be a great way to keep up on training camp news, free agency and other nfl / steelers news.

D Rock
08-03-2011, 07:01 AM
All,

I created a Twitter Page that is dedicated to the Steelers & NFL News:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/steelers-tweets/

This page has 3 separate Twitter lists and doesn't even require you to have a Twitter account:

1) Only Steelers Players (the name says it all)
2) Pittsburgh Media Outlets (Tribune, etc)
3) National Media Outlets (ESPN, NFL Network, etc)

It streams automatically so you don't have to refresh the page. I've found this to be a great way to keep up on training camp news, free agency and other nfl / steelers news.

Even from a twitter non-enthusiast's view point, this is an awesome addition to the site. Great job!

kindlecatsb'ng
08-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Thank you for creating this page to the site! Awesome!

I haven't personally signed with twitter so know little how it works. Left Face book last year.

Looking forward to a great year.

:tt1

Kindle

Ghost
08-03-2011, 08:33 AM
jhansle1 - really cool. Thanks for taking the time to do this for the board. Much appreciated.

flippy
08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
J - This is pretty cool. Now I just have to figure out how to filter for the interesting stuff.