PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Graham, TE to visit Steelers

phillyesq
07-30-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/07/free-agent-te-daniel-graham-visits-steelers/

He would be a nice depth addition behind Miller, and a probable upgrade over Spaeth as the second TE.

RuthlessBurgher
07-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Graham is a quality blocking TE, and that is what Arians wants out of his 2nd TE, so the interest makes sense.

AkronSteel
07-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Daniel Graham would be a good solid addition. He would be an upgrade blocking wise over Spaeth and he has solid hands as well! I would really like this guy on the Steelers if they could pull it off!!! I wouldn't want to pay to much for him though!!

BackwoodsSteeler
07-30-2011, 01:51 PM
The Pats left him go because he had trouble getting any seperation and not very reliable hands.

Pass.

RuthlessBurgher
07-30-2011, 02:05 PM
The Pats left him go because he had trouble getting any seperation and not very reliable hands.

Pass.

True...they didn't get the "complete package" TE that I am sure they were looking for when they drafted him with the 21st overall pick in the first round in 2002. But he managed to carve out a niche as a very solid blocker, which is the skill that has kept his bread buttered in the NFL over the last 9 seasons.

I wouldn't exactly call Matt Spaeth a master at getting separation and having reliable hands either, but he had a specific role in Arians' offense. Graham would be able to fill that role here better than Spaeth ever did, even if his overall stat line might be subpar.

At this point, I'm not sure whether or not Colon's Achilles injury robbed him of whatever lateral speed he had once upon at time, but if so, it would be comforting knowing that we could line up Graham...a glorified tackle...next to him if need be.

BackwoodsSteeler
07-30-2011, 02:13 PM
At this point, I'm not sure whether or not Colon's Achilles injury robbed him of whatever lateral speed he had once upon at time, but if so, it would be comforting knowing that we could line up Graham...a glorified tackle...next to him if need be.
Valid point. However, I hated Waste of Spaeth and the innane two TE sets BA runs so to add another guy that is Spaeth X2 is not bettering the situation.

The kid in camp right now is a better blocker and catches better than Spaeth so why waste a roster spot. I know he's not tested, but a shrub is an upgrade over Spaeth.

JMO.

grotonsteel
07-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Valid point. However, I hated Waste of Spaeth and the innane two TE sets BA runs so to add another guy that is Spaeth X2 is not bettering the situation.

The kid in camp right now is a better blocker and catches better than Spaeth so why waste a roster spot. I know he's not tested, but a shrub is an upgrade over Spaeth.

JMO.

Bring on 5-Wide offense. Spread them out.

Not a big fan of 2 TE set especially when 2 TE can't get separation or block.But if the 2nd TE is good blocker than i don't have issues with that.

I think Wesley Saunders could be diamond in the rough.

steelblood
07-30-2011, 02:40 PM
meh.

BackwoodsSteeler
07-30-2011, 03:35 PM

JMO.

Not a big fan of 2 TE set especially when 2 TE can't get separation or block.But if the 2nd TE is good blocker than i don't have issues with that.

I absolutely agree he could be. He has the size and hands.

I did not mind a two TE set when it was Bubby or Korkie lining up behind center but for the love of God, do not do that crap with Ben and inside the 10 yard line. I see more multiple WR sets this year. I guess I hope I do. Let Ben run that O and it would be dangerous.

BackwoodsSteeler
07-30-2011, 03:36 PM
meh.
You keep writing books as posts and nobody will read them.

Tone it done Grisham.

steelblood
07-30-2011, 04:20 PM
meh.

Tone it done Grisham.

Sorry, I can amplify my opinion.

Yuck.

BackwoodsSteeler
07-30-2011, 04:35 PM
meh.

Tone it done Grisham.

Yuck.
Noted for the future.

hawaiiansteel
07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
meh.

Tone it done Grisham.

Yuck.
Noted for the future.

I sure am glad we clarified that... :Cheers

BackwoodsSteeler
07-30-2011, 04:42 PM
meh.

Tone it done Grisham.

Yuck.
Noted for the future.

I sure am glad we clarified that... :Cheers
Sarcastic people suck. :Cheers

steelblood
07-30-2011, 06:31 PM
meh.

Tone it done Grisham.

Yuck.
Noted for the future.

Sarcastic people suck. :Cheers

I agree completely. By the way, if the irony was intentional, you are quite funny.

phillyesq
07-31-2011, 09:10 AM

Wesley Saunders sounds like he has potential. But he didn't play at all last year, and I can't imagine that the Steelers are going to rely on somebody who hasn't played football in a year who has not had a full offseason to be the primary backup to Miller.

I believe that Graham is a solid blocker, and he is also capable of getting himself open in the red zone.

The second TE is not going to make or break this team, but he will likely be an upgrade over Spaeth.

Steel Life
07-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Graham redeemed himself some in Denver, but honestly I'd rather have Alge Crumpler instead...between him & Heath they could Saunders how to be a complete TE & how to be a pro.

Oviedo
07-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Graham redeemed himself some in Denver, but honestly I'd rather have Alge Crumpler instead...between him & Heath they could Saunders how to be a complete TE & how to be a pro.

I'd rather have Crumpler too, but our cap situation will probably make us the low bidder for anyone who could really contribute. Time to take the training wheels off for alot of these kids and see what they can do.

Shawn
07-31-2011, 09:54 AM
He would be good to bring in as long as there is little to no guaranteed money. As an insurance policy I would like to see him in camp. But, my hope is that Weslye can step up in camp and show some flashes of greatness. I believe the guy has the athletic tools to be special.