please confirm.

Steelhere10
07-29-2011, 09:38 AM
please confirm.I received a text from kdka. I am signed up for their
Text alerts.

Steelgal
07-29-2011, 09:51 AM
link to ESPN article stating the same. Says he refused to take a paycut

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... zell-adams (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/29892/steelers-release-ot-flozell-adams)

Notleadpoisoned
07-29-2011, 10:02 AM
At his age he should have been happy just to have a job in the NFL.

NorthCoast
07-29-2011, 10:06 AM
OK arm-chair coaches and GMs, what does your starting OL look like now?

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2011, 10:07 AM
You were here for only one year, and our players thought enough of you to wear your d@mn Michigan State jersey on the trip to Dallas to the Super Bowl, and you wouldn't accept a pay cut to stay with these guys? It's not like we are $40 million under the cap and just trying to screw him; he should know the situation. Whatever, man...

sentinel33
07-29-2011, 10:16 AM
J.Scott-Kemoeatu-Pouncey-Foster-Colon

R-Legursky-C. Scott-Gilbert

PS-K. Williams-T. Turner

Quite comfortable with this.

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2011, 10:18 AM
With Starks and Adams now on the outside looking in, our OL is scaring the bejesus out of me. Consider the current starters at this time:

LT Jon Scott (managed to improve from horrible to adequate last season. I want someone who is more than just barely passable protecting our most important asset's blind side, though)

LG Chris Kemoeatu (yeah, he can pull, but seems to have the mental capacity of an earthworm. Plus he already is on the PUP with knee swelling...probably because he showed up at camp looking like an unmotivated whale)

C Maurkice Pouncey (just imagine how bad things would be if we didn't draft this guy)

RG Ramon Foster (another barely passable guy. It's not like he grabbed hold of this starting position because of his stellar play...it's more like he got it by default after several other players failed miserably here).

RT Willie Colon (an Achilles' tendon tear is a horrible injury. Unlike some of the more common injuries where players tend to be good-as-new after rehab, you just never know if he'll ever be the same again).

That group is frightening. For Ashley's sake, I hope Ben's life insurance policy is up-to-date.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-29-2011, 10:18 AM

Well...With PUP (Kemo)...Camp starters:

J Scott, Legursky, Pouncey, Foster, Colon

When Kemo comes back...Insert him for Legursky.

If I had to speculate what it would be opening day with no new signings:

J Scott, Kemo, Pouncey, Gilbert, Colon

Last...If I had to speculate what might be in the plans if Starks is healthy & gets in shape:

Starks (Re-sign), Kemo, Pouncey, Gilbert, Colon

NorthCoast
07-29-2011, 10:23 AM

Last...If I had to speculate what might be in the plans if Starks is healthy & gets in shape:

Interesting that you like Kemo at LG in all situations....would like to see Foster in the mix.

SteelBucks
07-29-2011, 10:46 AM

Burress :wink: - Kemo - Pouncey - Foster - Colon

papillon
07-29-2011, 10:48 AM

Interesting that you like Kemo at LG in all situations....would like to see Foster in the mix.

I would like to see anyone but Kemo at this point. He has too many bone headed penalties and brain cramps during a game for my liking. Legursky showed well in the Super Bowl and should get a legitimate shot to compete.

The other thing is that just because Flozell didn't want to take a pay cut doesn't mean he won't be back. If there's no interest and the Steelers come calling with 2 million dollars he would probably take another pay day. It's a business.

Pappy

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
07-29-2011, 11:17 AM

I'm not going out on a limb just yet until I see some of the young guys hit the field. I stated this in another topic:

I saw pics of Kemo and it appears to me...He is too "comfortable". With names like Woodley, Timmons, & Polamalu on the table of extensions...If Bronco, Scott, Gilbert, or Williams show the ability at LG...His share may be pushed backed to the middle of the table. If the Steelers pay you...You better remain committed. I haven't seen "commitment" out of Kemo the last two years on the field or during the offseason. I agree with your statement and I think the expectations of Kemo this year have been raised by the staff. If he doesn't meet them and there is a capable replacement...He may be in the last cuts
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18074&start=75 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18074&start=75)

That is my thoughts on Kemo after watching him the last two years. It would not surprise me in the least to see someone play as well or better than him and bring attention to his cap number. His strong point is his pulling ability and Williams from Nebraska could be the same player he is right now. If we had a full camp, I would say he could have a good shot at it. If Williams who they though he would be come this time next year and Kemo is still around...I can't see why he wouldn't be a better-cheaper option.

steelblood
07-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I would have cut Kemo and kept flozell and let him play Guard. He would have been decent there and we could have run left more.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-29-2011, 12:47 PM
At his age he should have been happy just to have a job in the NFL.

When he saw that Colon, a player inferior to him, got the big contract, the handwriting was on the wall. They weren't giving Colon that kind of $$ to be a backup at RT.

OL is not looking so great right now, IMO. Hope the FO has another FA tackle in the pipeline, or it could be a lonnnnng season.

feltdizz
07-29-2011, 12:50 PM
You were here for only one year, and our players thought enough of you to wear your d@mn Michigan State jersey on the trip to Dallas to the Super Bowl, and you wouldn't accept a pay cut to stay with these guys? It's not like we are $40 million under the cap and just trying to screw him; he should know the situation. Whatever, man...

you said it all right there...

flippy
07-29-2011, 12:55 PM

Probably just decided we don't need him due to Colon signing.

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2011, 03:33 PM

I believe Flozell would have agreed to a pay cut but only if he were guaranteed to be a starter. the Steelers didn't pay Colon that much $ not to start at RT and Flozell does not want to be a backup at this point of his career.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM

I believe Flozell would have agreed to a pay cut but only if he were guaranteed to be a starter. the Steelers didn't pay Colon that much $ not to start at RT and Flozell does not want to be a backup at this point of his career.
$$$$

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2011, 03:37 PM

We also cut Max Starks. Flozell has played LT throughout his career in Dallas, so he could have been a better option over there than Jon Scott.

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2011, 03:39 PM

$$$$

Colon was certainly a better long-term option, Flozell probably only has one more year left in him before he retires.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-29-2011, 03:39 PM
[quote="RuthlessBurgherFlozell has played LT throughout his career in Dallas, so he could have been a better option over there than Jon Scott.[/quote]
I agree, but it doesn't look as though the Steelers thought so.

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2011, 03:42 PM

We also cut Max Starks. Flozell has played LT throughout his career in Dallas, so he could have been a better option over there than Jon Scott.

I personally believe we eventually bring Max Starks back at a lower salary (once he visits the fat farm) and although Flozell was good at RT, at this point in his career he's too slow-footed to protect Ben's blind side at LT.

phillyesq
07-29-2011, 04:44 PM
With Starks and Adams now on the outside looking in, our OL is scaring the bejesus out of me. Consider the current starters at this time:

LT Jon Scott (managed to improve from horrible to adequate last season. I want someone who is more than just barely passable protecting our most important asset's blind side, though)

LG Chris Kemoeatu (yeah, he can pull, but seems to have the mental capacity of an earthworm. Plus he already is on the PUP with knee swelling...probably because he showed up at camp looking like an unmotivated whale)

C Maurkice Pouncey (just imagine how bad things would be if we didn't draft this guy)

RG Ramon Foster (another barely passable guy. It's not like he grabbed hold of this starting position because of his stellar play...it's more like he got it by default after several other players failed miserably here).

RT Willie Colon (an Achilles' tendon tear is a horrible injury. Unlike some of the more common injuries where players tend to be good-as-new after rehab, you just never know if he'll ever be the same again).

That group is frightening. For Ashley's sake, I hope Ben's life insurance policy is up-to-date.

Ruthless, I completely agree. This group is terrifying. And what if one of them gets hurt? I don't want to see the guy that can't beat out Scott or Ramon Foster for a job starting any games. And Willie Colon is coming off a serious injury. Hopefully he has no setbacks.

The Steelers need to add somebody else to the mix at OT.

flippy
07-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Am I the only one that likes Scott?

I also like Legursky.

I'm an oddball. I know.

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Am I the only one that likes Scott?

I also like Legursky.

I'm an oddball. I know.

I like Scott, but as a backup swing tackle...not as our starting LT.

I also like Legursky, as our backup center and RG.

well, I can't argue with your last sentence at all... :D :moon