PDA

View Full Version : Nick Eason Signs with Pittsburgh West...

BradshawsHairdresser
07-28-2011, 11:01 PM
...Inks with the Cardinals per KFFL.

No real surprise, and with all the young DL talent, he was expendable. Still, he was a likeable member of the team and helped play an important role here.

Best of luck to Nick.

steelerkeylargo
07-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Nick played well when called to action. He is certainly replaceable, but I would've liked to have kept him.

LordVile
07-28-2011, 11:06 PM
do ur thang Nick.. always liked ur attitude and back up play..

sentinel33
07-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Arizona just got a quality player and if it wasnt for how deep we are on the D-line, this would've stung more.

'ppreciate your effort and comeback ability.Good luck, Nick.

phillyesq
07-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Best of luck to him. He improved from terrible initially into a very solid backup.

steelblood
07-28-2011, 11:36 PM
great effort player

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2011, 09:05 AM
It's hard to stick on a d-line that is two-deep in NFL quality starters. Seriously, our second string backup d-line is more talented than most other 3-4 teams' starting d-lines (provided, of course, that we are able to bring back Hoke with a moderate deal to retire as a Steeler, and also restructure Smitty's deal to help us get under the cap).

Hood-Hampton-Keisel

Smith-Hoke-Heyward

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Smith ready to 'rock?'

July 29th, 2011

Nick Eason, class act that he is, had nothing but good things to say on his way out of Pittsburgh.

“I’m thankful to the Rooneys and coaches for giving me the opportunity to be part of such a great organization,” Eason, who signed a two-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals, told the Trib's John Harris. “My teammates and friends will be missed.”

As much as the veteran defensive end wanted to stay here, the Cardinals could promise two things that the Steelers couldn’t: more money and regular playing time.

Eason leaving for Pittsburgh West should end any questions about whether Aaron Smith will be a salary cap casualty.

Smith is due to make $4.5 million this season but the Steelers didn’t approach him about taking a pay cut. That is a sign of how much Smith is valued by the organization as well as how healthy he is after partially torn triceps ended his 2010 season last October.

“He’s healthy. I think he’s ready to rock,” said defensive end Brett Keisel, one of Smith’s closest friends on the team. “I know he’s excited and has been working hard to get back out on the field and do what he does best, which is compete.”

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the- ... ox+Blog%29 (http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/07/29/smith-ready-to-rock/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29)

BradshawsHairdresser
07-29-2011, 10:25 PM
It's hard to stick on a d-line that is two-deep in NFL quality starters. Seriously, our second string backup d-line is more talented than most other 3-4 teams' starting d-lines (provided, of course, that we are able to bring back Hoke with a moderate deal to retire as a Steeler, and also restructure Smitty's deal to help us get under the cap).

Hood-Hampton-Keisel

Smith-Hoke-Heyward

If Aaron Smith is truly healthy, I don't see him being a second stringer.