PDA

View Full Version : J Joseph to Houston

steelsun7
07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Looks like Nnamdi to Jets.....holy crap

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Good signing for the Texans, since secondary was by far their weakness. Once they adjust to Wade Phillips' 3-4, that team could be pretty darn good, since their offense with A.J., Arian, Schaub, Daniels, etc. is already quite good.

AkronSteel
07-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Great sign for the Texans!!! He will definitely help their defense. I can't say that I'm sad to see him leave the division either!!! The Bungles are inept.....$35 million to spend and all they have done is trade away players and let players walk. The whole Carson fiasco is a sham too!!! Just trade the guy....it will help your team in the long run!!! Mike definitely didn't follow in his fathers football smarts!!!

phillyesq
07-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Nice to see a division rival lose a key player, and great pickup for the Texans.

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm curious what Ike Taylor's contract compares to this:

Texans land CB Joseph at $48.75M for 5 years

Texans agreed to terms with CB Johnathan Joseph on a five-year, $48.75 million contract, including a $12.5 million signing bonus.

Joseph cashes in with $23.5 million guaranteed. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets are now in the driver's seat for Nnamdi Asomugha. The Texans doggedly pursued both of the market's top cornerbacks, and did well to win one of the sweepstakes to shore up what was arguably the league's worst secondary in 2010. Joseph is still in his prime at age 27, has flashed shut-down potential in Cincinnati and has ball skills at least on par with Asomugha's. Coordinator Wade Phillips has turned defenses around quickly in the past, and he just landed a key piece to make it happen in Houston.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jul 28, 8:11 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... or-5-years (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/207546/texans-land-cb-joseph-at-$4875m-for-5-years)

skyhawk
07-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Looks like Nnamdi to Jets.....holy crap

No.

Eagles.