PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Scott Resigned

calmkiller
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Sources say the steelers have also resigned Jonathan Scott. He projects to be our starting LT at this point.

Chadman
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Excellent- really liked the improvement in him last year & he's probably pay-for-play one of the best value OL for the team.

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2011, 06:32 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Y9wFAE930Ec/TOwdfCJqAiI/AAAAAAAAAW8/EvfSOBvAkw0/s1600/whoopi-goldberg.jpg
http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/desserts/images/WhoopiePie-Classic.jpghttp://www.centurynovelty.com/catImages/163-323_large.jpg

flippy
07-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Excellent- really liked the improvement in him last year & he's probably pay-for-play one of the best value OL for the team.

Maybe even for the league. He was really good last year. The most underappreciated Steeler by a long shot.

phillyesq
07-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Good move if he is signed to be a backup. If they're counting on him to be a starter, I hate the move.

steelblood
07-28-2011, 11:24 PM
This move is good if he is signed at moderate $$.

sentinel33
07-28-2011, 11:45 PM
sweet

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Good move if he is signed to be a backup. If they're counting on him to be a starter, I hate the move.

:Agree

pittpete
07-29-2011, 09:09 AM
He sucked the big one early last year, but his improvement towards the end and through the post season was well-noticed...
Its better than starting off great and getting worse as the season progresses..
Shows in my opinion that he can learn from his mistakes...
Only time will tell....
Have to tell you though:Playing next to a bonehead like Kemo has got to bring a guys play down. :roll:

Oviedo
07-29-2011, 10:35 AM

Maybe even for the league. He was really good last year. The most underappreciated Steeler by a long shot.

Anyone on the OL except for Pouncey falls into the "underappreciated" category and has since Faneca left.

Unrealistic expectations on the part of many about what you can have depth and talent wise on a team that is near the salary cap limit every year. The reality is that the OL is the unit that is the bill payer for keeping guys like Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Troy, etc.

What would you rather have: A dominant OL or a dominant defense. Unrealistic to expect both and I'll take defense every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-29-2011, 01:09 PM
The reality is that the OL is the unit that is the bill payer for keeping guys like Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Troy, etc.

$$$$
So far, that philosophy has worked out fairly well for the team. But it's possible this could be the year it comes back to bite them. It could also result in a shortened career for the franchise QB.

Sugar
07-29-2011, 01:14 PM
The reality is that the OL is the unit that is the bill payer for keeping guys like Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Troy, etc.

$$$$
So far, that philosophy has worked out fairly well for the team. But it's possible this could be the year it comes back to bite them. It could also result in a shortened career for the franchise QB.

Ben has already played past the average. Everything from here out is gravy. The fact is that nobody is guaranteed anything and if anybody has the ability to play behind a moderate OL, it's BB.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-29-2011, 01:50 PM

$$$$

Ben has already played past the average. Everything from here out is gravy. The fact is that nobody is guaranteed anything and if anybody has the ability to play behind a moderate OL, it's BB.

If this OL turns out to be "moderate," I'll be thrilled. My concern is that it might turn out to be downright "sucky."

flippy
07-29-2011, 01:52 PM

$$$$

If this OL turns out to be "moderate," I'll be thrilled. My concern is that it might turn out to be downright "sucky."

They were fine last year. Why would they regress from here?

We've been ok in the past with a bad OLine.

We'll be alright with any warm bodies thanks to Koogs.

BradshawsHairdresser
07-29-2011, 02:31 PM

$$$$

They were fine last year. Why would they regress from here?

1) Flozell was a force on the right side last season. He's now gone.
2) Both guard positions are question marks. Kemo is hurt to start the season, and do we really have an answer at RG?
3) Jonathan Scott was serviceable at LT, and has improved, but will he continue to do so?

We've been ok in the past with a bad OLine. I've been OK in the past with threadworn tires, doesn't mean I will be in the future. Better to get some decent tires on the car.

We'll be alright with any warm bodies thanks to Koogs.Kugler has done a great job, but even he can only do so much with limited talent. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers.

sentinel33
07-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Scott's progression has an upward trend, and I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt due to his constantly improving game last season. I think we caught a player on the upswing who has room to get better while still holding his own.

Both guard positions need to be upgraded. absolutely. but until then we will continue making due with the bodys we put in there. I think Foster is in a similar boat as J. Scott. I see potential in him. especially the way he's been filling in for the team since he signed as an ucfa in '09. He played well enough for us at RG and I feel it's his spot to lose.
The sooner we find a replacement for kemoeatu the better. k. Williams. ? or is that just silly?

Center=stud

the RT spot will either be manned by colon or gilbert. probably/hopefully colon.

Kugler has won the O-line over with his ability to overcome adversity. Trust is huge and for them to know that he knows what he is doing should help this unit out even more.

some health and a bit more time to get comfortable and I think the line will be very serviceable.