PDA

View Full Version : Ocho traded to Pats

feltdizz
07-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Pats are making major moves. I don't like it.

Mick'sTeam
07-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I don't like it either.

Steelgal
07-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Why do they trade Chad, but do not even consider trading Carson????? I'm guessing Seattle with Pete Carroll would have given them a decent trade for Carson instead of going with Tavares Jackson.

insanesteelersfan
07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Chad is ALL about the " Ocho " circus. And that circus will bring down whatever chemistry the Pats have. Not to mention what Haynesworth and his Lazy ways will bring. As a Steeler fan, this is the BEST News I can think of :Clap

Captain Lemming
07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't like it either.

Yeah, NE struggle with the pass last year, if Brady only had Ocho......

Seriously.....big whoop.

feltdizz
07-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Why do they trade Chad, but do not even consider trading Carson????? I'm guessing Seattle with Pete Carroll would have given them a decent trade for Carson instead of going with Tavares Jackson.

If Ben demanded a trade next year would you do it?

Carson is no Ben but in Cincinnati he is pretty much the best QB they had since..... I can't even remember the QB from the SB vs San Fran.

Eddie Spaghetti
07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
color me not worried about the 2011 ocho stinko.

looks like the *** are desperate.

their WR depth must be junk.

feltdizz
07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Chad is ALL about the " Ocho " circus. And that circus will bring down whatever chemistry the Pats have. Not to mention what Haynesworth and his Lazy ways will bring. As a Steeler fan, this is the BEST News I can think of :Clap
Wrong. Ocho leaving Cincinnati will make them better. Less distractions...
Pats have no problem cutting big name players. They get the best out of their FA's. This is not good.

feltdizz
07-28-2011, 06:28 PM

Desperate? They killed us with 2 TE's last year. They aren't desperate. They are the best offense in football when you look at their roster on paper.

Chadman
07-28-2011, 06:29 PM
While Chad Ocho is over rated by chad Ocho, he is really under rated by the fans.

He's a good player, and Brady & that offense make him better.

Coupled with Fat Albert joining, the Pats are looking strong.

feltdizz
07-28-2011, 06:35 PM
While Chad Ocho is over rated by chad Ocho, he is really under rated by the fans.

He's a good player, and Brady & that offense make him better.

Exactly. Have you ever seen a player on the pats take plays off and stick around.

Brady is more accurate than Palmer too.

Captain Lemming
07-28-2011, 06:38 PM

Now HE makes me worried. He cannot be contained

http://bobcurry2.tripod.com/football.jpg

Eddie Spaghetti
07-28-2011, 06:38 PM

Desperate? They killed us with 2 TE's last year. They aren't desperate. They are the best offense in football when you look at their roster on paper.

what part of WR depth do you not understand?

check the wideouts on their roster. they are junk.

like i said, this move doesnt worry me in the least.

Djfan
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Marsha can make even Ocho Ego look good.

steelernation77
07-28-2011, 07:39 PM
He's 33 years old.

BURGH86STEEL
07-28-2011, 08:01 PM
I could be wrong but I believe Chad's best years are behind him.

Djfan
07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
I could be wrong but I believe Chad's best years are behind him.

I don't think that those best years were that great.

Still, he will look better with Marsha than with Palmer.

feltdizz
07-28-2011, 08:19 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":160r0cal]color me not worried about the 2011 ocho stinko.

like i said, this move doesnt worry me in the least.[/quote:160r0cal]
If their wr core was junk before and they exploited us with 2 TE what makes you so confident now that they have another weapon at WR?

You are talking like we spanked them last year.

What part of "azzz kicking do you not understand?"

The lack of WR's is obvious given their productioin last year.

Eddie Spaghetti
07-28-2011, 08:29 PM
never said their TE sets didn't hurt us. thats you moving the goalposts again like every other argument you get into.

i'm strictly talking about the wideouts. they suck.

Steelhere10
07-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Ok swap Moss for Ocho= nothing loss but a bigger distraction gained. He wil be crying like a baby when Billy boy stop his childish antics. And Fat boy dont concern me a bit.

Northern_Blitz
07-28-2011, 09:56 PM

It is possible that this may change if he is on a team with more than 1 plus 0.500 season per decade. Chad may find that winning is more fun than being "Ocho". We just don't know because :bungalssuck

feltdizz
07-28-2011, 10:58 PM
never said their TE sets didn't hurt us. thats you moving the goalposts again like every other argument you get into.

i'm strictly talking about the wideouts. they suck.

I apologize. There isn't anything to argue about... You are correct. They suck. It's probably the reason the Pats traded for Ocho.

I thought every NFL fan knew the Pats WR's sucked based on last years production but thanks for the reminder.

NJ-STEELER
07-28-2011, 11:28 PM
he's a clown
they wont put up with his antics

was worried a lot more heading into last year with moss at WR

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Updated: July 29, 2011

The day the Patriots went big

Surprise! Haynesworth and Ochocinco coming to town; will they bring their baggage?

By Mike Reiss
ESPNBoston.com

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0728/bos_a_belichick-ochocinco01_300.jpg

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Now in his 12th season as New England Patriots coach, Bill Belichick has made plenty of surprising, bold personnel moves. But two in one day, like what he pulled off Thursday?

Unprecedented.

It was a stunning day for the Patriots, who acquired defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth and receiver Chad Ochocinco in trades with the Washington Redskins and Cincinnati Bengals, respectively, for late-round draft picks, with both players agreeing to rework their contracts.

It was like lighting a firecracker in the middle of the locker room and deciding that one wasn't good enough. So Belichick sparked up another, and in a span of 12 hours, the makeup of the Patriots was altered considerably with two older-but-still-talented players who lately have made as many headlines off the field as on it.

Depending on the viewpoint, the moves are either brilliant or a disaster in waiting.

In some ways, this is a reminder of 2007, when Belichick loaded up at receiver with Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth in the offseason. That was Belichick saying, "Let's go for it."

The difference, however, is that the combination of Haynesworth/Ochocinco comes with more questions, Haynesworth arriving with some real baggage while Ochocinco's is more Louis Vuitton style as a playful self-promoter.

Can they fit into the "Patriots Way," where the team comes first and everyone falls into line? In 2009, we saw what happened when those plans don't come to life, a splintered locker room hurting the team before it even took the field. The 2010 season was the opposite, a group of players coming together behind the scenes and overachieving on Sundays.

This is part of the gamble the Patriots are taking with Haynesworth and Ochocinco, but they surely do so with the thought that it's limited. The late-round draft picks traded away probably would have had trouble making the team, while new contracts likely will give the club a quick out should things head in the wrong direction.

That's the way the Patriots generally do their business (see Moss in 2007), favoring low-risk, high-reward scenarios.

One additional line of thinking is that with veteran players such as Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork & Co., it's easier to take on players such as Haynesworth and Ochocinco. But then again, when the topic of locker-room leadership was presented to Belichick in a general sense Thursday, he dismissed it quickly. "I have no idea what we have right now. This team is a new team; it's a new year," Belichick said. "It's totally a blank slate."

Which makes the moves all the more intriguing, and that doesn't even factor in what soon could be unfolding with the New York Jets, who are in pursuit of free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, widely considered the prize of this year's free-agent crop. An Asomugha/Darrelle Revis corner combination would pose a tremendous challenge to the Patriots.

Here's guessing Ochocinco, who is friends with Revis and called him "Master Lock" two years ago, would have some fun that week. It's the type of fun Belichick has said he appreciates from Ochocinco after the two hit it off at the Pro Bowl years ago.

"I like Chad. I like him as a player; I like him as a person. I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has in football and how he competes on the football field," Belichick said in 2009, adding that the two are an "odd couple who have a lot of things in common."

In turn, Ochocinco said in '09 that his connection with Belichick went beyond "football player and coach" and that he considered him a friend.

"He's one that I look up to tremendously, one who I've never played for, but who I share the same respect for as if he was my own head coach," he said.

There is no such connection between Haynesworth and Belichick, although it probably helped Belichick to have senior football adviser Floyd Reese as a sounding board before making the deal. Reese, now in his third year with the Patriots, was Tennessee Titans general manager when Haynesworth was the team's first-round draft choice in 2002.

Meanwhile, Haynesworth's new teammates were looking forward to playing alongside him, with veteran defensive lineman Wilfork recalling being at the Pro Bowl with Haynesworth and calling him a "great player" and "great athlete."

Adding him to the Patriots' defense represents a big splash.

"It's huge. I mean, he's got some freakish ability," veteran defensive lineman Ty Warren said. "I've seen him on film, and he's the real deal."

And as for the baggage that comes with Haynesworth, who wore out his welcome with the Redskins and was charged in two separate incidents off the field this offseason?

"I think a lot of the stuff that you see on TV, sometimes it's only half the truth. I think there's two sides to each story and I don't think that Albert is a bad guy," Warren said.

"Corey Dillon wasn't a bad guy. Rodney [Harrison] wasn't a bad guy. A lot of guys right on down the line weren't bad guys when they came in here. I think sometimes guys get a bad rap and I think that's the structure that's in place of guys that are in the locker room, making an easy transition for them when they come in."

They're here now, having arrived at Gillette Stadium shortly after each other late Thursday, first Haynesworth, then Ochocinco.

The possibilities are intriguing. They're also explosive.

That's what makes it all so compelling.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/co ... id=6814510 (http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6814510)

papillon
07-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Winning cures a lot when it comes to baggage and the Patriots win a lot. My guess is that they'll both be model citizens for at least the first year. The other thing is Ocho isn't going to give Tom Brady a hard time about getting him the ball. Brady is a more accomplished quarterback than Ocho is a receiver and has been in more big games than Ocho. I don't think Ocho had much respect for Palmer. He has no choice with Brady; he's accomplished too much in the NFL to not have respect for his play.

The Patriots got stronger whether you want to believe that or not.

Pappy

frankthetank1
07-29-2011, 08:33 AM
the pats front office are making some madden type moves. im shocked they got chad for so cheap. this is bad news. brady doesnt even need big time wr's to win. all of their sb's they had scrubs at wr. welker and ochocinco will be hard to match up against. now with haynesworth and wilfork in the middle of their defense they will be very hard to run against. they kicked our azz last year without these two players. im sure it will happen again this season as well. brady has our number

feltdizz
07-29-2011, 08:56 AM
the pats front office are making some madden type moves. im shocked they got chad for so cheap. this is bad news. brady doesnt even need big time wr's to win. all of their sb's they had scrubs at wr. welker and ochocinco will be hard to match up against. now with haynesworth and wilfork in the middle of their defense they will be very hard to run against. they kicked our azz last year without these two players. im sure it will happen again this season as well. brady has our number

uh....Fatworth and Ostinko trades are proof the Pats are desperate. We'll beat them by 30! (sarcasm)

Shoe
07-29-2011, 07:33 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":2h9rsobs]color me not worried about the 2011 ocho stinko.

like i said, this move doesnt worry me in the least.
If their wr core was junk before and they exploited us with 2 TE what makes you so confident now that they have another weapon at WR?

You are talking like we spanked them last year.

What part of "azzz kicking do you not understand?"

The lack of WR's is obvious given their productioin last year.[/quote:2h9rsobs]

I'm TOTALLY with you. People act as if we are even competitive with these cheaters... they OWN us every time we play them (with Tom Brady* on the field). Ocho and Haynesworth isn't gonna make us suddenly competitive with them. Like you said, freakin Gronkowski toasted us for 3 TDs.

Djfan
07-29-2011, 11:28 PM
welker and ochocinco will be hard to match up against.

Welker and Steven Hawking would be hard to cover, when Marsha is in there with these new Goodell ballet rules!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/hughpam/StephenWHawking.jpg

Starlifter
07-30-2011, 12:34 AM
to be fair - i have no idea how good ocho can be because he's always been on the crappy end of a choke QB and a horrible organization. when you think of him as a player - I seriously doubt ANYONE can think of a signature play he's been a part of (think El to Hines in the SB). He's known only for his antics OFF the field rather than on. that doesn't make him a good receiver, it just makes him material for sportscenter. It also doesn't mean he's a bad receiver, it takes two to tango when you catch the ball after all.

so this could be great for NE, or it could be a bust. one thing is for sure, he's on a winning team with a solid QB. If chad can't put up numbers here - well, we'll know for sure if he is a quality guy, or a footnote forever destined to be the headliner on NFL follies.......

hawaiiansteel
08-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Patriots | Chad Ochocinco's struggles continue

Sun, 28 Aug 2011

New England Patriots WR Chad Ochocinco has had a horrible preseason. He works his tail off, shows up every day and is as disappointed in his play so far as everyone else has been.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=5#ixzz1WTwEiQ2b